Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medicare will approve Lap-Band Surgery! Approved facilities List

Hi all! New to the forum and while browsing i read some of you used medicare so i decided to call once again after previously being told NO.

i also got the following link to find approved facilities:

Bariatric Surgery

she said

BMI must be 35+

must have weight related illness such as asthma,diabetes,etc etc

previously been unsuccesful at weightloss

go to an approved facility

i am so thrilled! i am attending the seminar next week at my approved hospital!!!:drool:

Hi all! New to the forum and while browsing i read some of you used medicare so i decided to call once again after previously being told NO.

i also got the following link to find approved facilities:

Bariatric Surgery

she said

BMI must be 35+

must have weight related illness such as asthma,diabetes,etc etc

previously been unsuccesful at weightloss

go to an approved facility

i am so thrilled! i am attending the seminar next week at my approved hospital!!!:redface:

Hi,

I am also a Medicare patient, the center I am going to said that a couple of patients had said that the requirements for the medically supervised portion has changed from six months to three months. The center is unable to confirm this with Medicare ~ do you know or can you ask your center about that particular requirement? Thanks!

Hi,

I am also a Medicare patient, the center I am going to said that a couple of patients had said that the requirements for the medically supervised portion has changed from six months to three months. The center is unable to confirm this with Medicare ~ do you know or can you ask your center about that particular requirement? Thanks!

Hi, I went to seminar last night and they said medicare isn't paying for the fills, have you heard this??? I can't afford fills for sure. I can't believe this .

Karen

Hi all...I am not on MEDICARE, but I work for a Medicare carrier processing appeals for Indiana, Kentuckey, New York and Connecticut> Yes they will pay for the surgery if you meet the criteria...BMI over 35, comorbidities, previous attempts have failed. And it is true that at this time they are NOT paying for the fills. It may be coming, but remember there are also alot of private insurers that will not pay for the fills at this time also. As more private insurers begin to pay for fills then Medicare may, but they follow other insurers lead. Another thing to consider is that if you are over 65 and on Medicare because of age this may be a non-qualifing factor for many surgeons. Hope this info is helpful to some people.

Hi all...I am not on MEDICARE, but I work for a Medicare carrier processing appeals for Indiana, Kentuckey, New York and Connecticut> Yes they will pay for the surgery if you meet the criteria...BMI over 35, comorbidities, previous attempts have failed. And it is true that at this time they are NOT paying for the fills. It may be coming, but remember there are also alot of private insurers that will not pay for the fills at this time also. As more private insurers begin to pay for fills then Medicare may, but they follow other insurers lead. Another thing to consider is that if you are over 65 and on Medicare because of age this may be a non-qualifing factor for many surgeons. Hope this info is helpful to some people.

Would you be able to provide specific surgeon names please ?

What if you have a BMI of 46, age 54, have not only Medicare but Anthem BC/BS (Virginia) too?

BP is creaping up, borderline Diabetic, swelling feet/ankles/legs, Asthma and other things getting out of hand. I know from the seminar that there are things that neither will pay and I think I can come up with the $$$ to handle that up front. May have to wait till tax refund time but that should finish it up.

Anyone have any idea what my odds will be? I know dumb question, but I am scared that I am wanting something that may not be within my reach. With all the other bills that we have on us any extra bills are out of the question right now. So private pay is not an option.

I live in Kennewick washington and I am trying to find a lapband surgeon that accepts medicare. I am willing to go to spokane but not much further...can anyone help

does anyone know a doctor in louisiana who will do lapband on medicaid? i am 37 and am 280lbs. i have had 3 back surgeries and knee surgery. High blood pressure, arthritis, fibromyalgia and other things. i desperatly need this surgry. can anyone help me?:thumbup:

I'm in line for lap band after 3 months medical supervised with medicare and pers ods supplement ins. Getting my issues with my liver checked and cleared right now. I am going to legacy's good samaritan obesity clinic in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Patterson will be my surgeon.This will be month one

I was told and read that the supervised diet was not required. Hoping that's so :/ I haven't done it yet and don't plan on it. Also medicare told me that if the doctor approves it they will approve it. Only co morbidity is sleep apnea though bmi over 40