Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fluffy ... wtf FLUFFY??

The one that gets me is "You're not fat, you're just big boned". I'm not big boned, I'm fat! Geeze.... On that same note, those same people constantly tell me I shouldn't lose any more because I'm at my normal size now. How the hell do they know what my normal size is? I weighed 105 when I got married the first time. I'm not a big person, I'm a small person whos FAT! LOL

I have never referred to myself as 'fluffy' I told it like it was, I was fat (still am but workin on it :rolleyes2: )

A friend in school though refused to acknowledge I was fat, he would tell me I was just 'healthy'. My only come back was "yeah healthy enough for 3 people". He didn't get it at all, he was a sweety though but I wasn't healthy....

Yeah Fluffy is not me...rabbits are fluffy, puppies are fluffy...

Let's keep it real...I'm FAT. Words that hide the true meaning annoy me. I mean, I know I'm fat...I don't need a "cute" word to hide the fact everyone else does too. LOL

Guest Leslie2Lose

The one that gets me is "You're not fat, you're just big boned". I'm not big boned, I'm fat! Geeze.... On that same note, those same people constantly tell me I shouldn't lose any more because I'm at my normal size now. How the hell do they know what my normal size is? I weighed 105 when I got married the first time. I'm not a big person, I'm a small person whos FAT! LOL

I hate the big boned the most! My thumb and middle finger WAY overlap on my wrist (I'm told that is the test)...if they don't meet you are big boned, if they touch you are medium boned and if they overlap you are small boned. I don't know if it is a bunch of hooplah - but I'm actually small boned. Small boned with a lot of fat and some muscle. This world has become WAY too PC. Do people honestly think fat people don't know they are fat and will be mad if they are told so? I personally don't care - say I'm fat, it's the truth. Don't sugar coat it. Sometimes we need to hear it!

DH will tell me I'm not fat (and always has). I've told him I don't know how many times that I've lost weight but am still fat. He tries to deny it and tell me I'm not. I know the truth - I know how much I weigh and what I look like in the mirror. He doesn't want to hurt my feelings. His denial hurts me more than the truth would.

My 6 year old never says I'm fat, she says mommy's soft and fluffy. That doesn't bother me, but it would if an adult said I was fluffy. LOL

A number of years ago alittle boy referred to me as being fluffy like is nana. I guess for small children it is okay, but to call myself fluffy or be called that by an adult would really tic me off. How silly. I am fat no other word for it. Not even overweight fits. I have to be honest with me if I'm going to be successful on this journey. :thumbup:

It does make me cross to have fat and ugliness banded together. I think there are far more thin ugly people than fat ugly people. And thin people with ugly minds, ie those who say they hate fat people!

Fluffy puts a cute spin on fat and as ingyrob said, fat and ugly are so often painted as the same, that it may not be a bad idea to accept language which underlines that fat does not equal ugly. Fluffy is good spin and I can live with that.

ugh,

all the terms for carrying around extra weight. I hate the equation of fat to ugly as well.

or fat to lazy

or fat to dumb

basically generalizations about the outside as it relates to the inside stinks.

And really I'm more squishy than anything else at this point.

But I love the word plump, it reminds me of rich, ripe and juicy:lol:. Just think how much nicer this is than thin and dry. Having said that I want to be slim, but I do not want to be thin.:tt1:

When I think of fluffy, I do tend to think of furry animals but wouldn't begrudge a person the name they feel comfortable with.

Some people can never come to terms using the word fat because they're used to so many negs being involved with their life experiences. Being called "you're fat!" can give most of us a pretty bad feeling inside even if we're past the large size and down to average or where ever we choose to be or our band takes us.

There will always be mean and nasty people out there in the world and if they want to call us names they will and use whatever they want to make themselves feel better! I think people tend to project their own insecurities onto others and some of the worse culprits are other fat people or previously fat people who had/have a lot of self hatred and it still continues to spew out in their attitudes of other fat people.

I like plump and large but fat can be used as a descriptive word like blond or brunette I suppose it's all in how it's delivered and how you feel about yourself. Nanook:smile: