Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else get UTI's when they have sex?

It's fun having a girl's room. Wheetin, I am surprised you have never heard of this. They call it honeymoon cystitis because it happens so much for women after sex.

I went to a urologist for awhile for this annoying problem. They made me have this test where they looked in my bladder. That's when they put me on the low dose antibiotic every day. Lately I had to have it changed. I think my body got too used to it. Now I am worried it's going to be a problem again, because the last 2 that I had, was before I met my bf.

I kinda have this problem as well, except I am all out allergic to sperm. Yah, so UTI's I get em, but even better I get another great infection that I have to take a pill on which I can't drink alcohol for 21 days. SUCKS because I get them all the time.

And, yes, DH uses it as a great excuse to try to get me to swallow....but not working!

I get them a lot after sex, too.

Never heard the pooper to the pink phrase! I'll definitely be throwing that one around. LOL

:angry:This sucks big time. I haven't been with my new bf very long. It was a long dry spell with no sex for a couple of years in between bfs. I have been fighting this UTI since we finally did the deed. He wants to spend the night tomorrow night, and I am in pain. I don't want to go to the dr. every time I try to have sex. I guess I need to see the urologist again and see if they can switch my meds.:rolleyes2: What even sucks more, my daughters best friend is

my doctor's nurse. If I call tomorrow and have to explain all this, it's going to be embarrassing. This town is too small!

My father grew up in a small town like that...I hated it. I grew up near DC and never had that problem.

But, every time I went "back home" it was amazing how much they all knew about me. I could walk into a store and 1/2 of the people in there would walk up and ask about my dad. Small town kinda spook me out.

Same here, last census on Wikipedia shows 448 people in my town. 20,000 in the whole county. Everybody knows everybody. Sometimes it bothers me, other times it comforts me.

A few years ago when I lived alone my house got broken into in broad daylight. None of my neighbors noticed, they didn't see a thing... that wouldn't have happened in my hometown.

That was the best part of the small town. One time I decided to go visit my Grandmother & uncles and drove out there. I got there close to midnight, walked right in. The doors weren't locked - they never have locked their doors.

I went upstairs, fell asleep and the next morning 1/2 their neighbors were over having Breakfast (a big ole KUNTRY breakfast). They'd seen my car and knew what time I'd come in.

Again...kinda creepy, but it is comforting at the same time.

I kinda have this problem as well, except I am all out allergic to sperm. Yah, so UTI's I get em, but even better I get another great infection that I have to take a pill on which I can't drink alcohol for 21 days. SUCKS because I get them all the time.

And, yes, DH uses it as a great excuse to try to get me to swallow....but not working!

That sounds like vaginitis (is that right?) where you take Flagyl, and you also have to get your spouse to take it? Me and DH went through this once, we never took the meds, I think the doc was a quack.

That sounds like vaginitis (is that right?) where you take Flagyl, and you also have to get your spouse to take it? Me and DH went through this once, we never took the meds, I think the doc was a quack.

Yes! BUT the meds do not work for him because he doesn't have the problem. Literally the ph level down there is "off" for me and his men cause BIG problems. I was on Flagyl for 1 year straight. It is a nightmare.

That is why we can't get preggers on our own, I have to have IVF.

BUT the UTI's are the worste. I take cranberry pills everyday for them!

BBK,

If its the pH has he ever tried anything to help with that? I think apple cider vinegar (ACV) might help with that. I can't research it right now cause I'm at work, but I think that might help with the pH problems.

I found a book that was called "you don't have to live with Cystitis" It said to drink baking soda and Water to change the PH. I found that book at a garage sale of all places.

I take the cranberry pills all the time too. Yesterday I was taking them every few hours. It must have helped. I feel better today and didn't have to call the dr. BF is spending the night tonight, so I will probably be complaining again tomorrow.

There is a great book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Phillis Balch that has a section on UTIs. It recommends taking colloidal silver, garlic - 2 capsules 3x daily and Vitamin C plus bioflavonoids - 4000mg to 5000mg daily in divided doses of 1000mg each. It also lists a bunch of other supplements, but those are the top 3.

I've had UTIs and have resorted to antibiotics on occasion. I'm a bit surprised that your doctors are prescribing taking antibiotics for an extended period of time. Doesn't that kill off all the good bacteria in the body and increase the likelihood of getting a yeast infection?

If you are getting frequent UTIs, maybe increasing your body's natural defenses is a strategy worth considering. There's a section in the book about improving your immune system too.

From "HealthAtoZ.com

Alternative treatment

Alternative treatment for cystitis may emphasize eliminating all sugar from the diet and drinking lots of Water. Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice not only adds Fluid, but also is thought to help prevent cystitis by making it more difficult for bacteria to cling to the bladder wall. A variety of herbal therapies also are recommended. Generally, the recommended herbs are antimicrobials, such as garlic (Allium sativum), goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis), and bearberry (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi), and/or demulcents that soothe and coat the urinary tract, including corn silk and marsh mallow (Althaea officinalis).

Homeopathic medicine also can be effective in treating cystitis. Choosing the correct remedy based on the individual's symptoms is always key to the success of this type of treatment. Acupuncture and Chinese traditional herbal medicine can also be helpful in treating acute and chronic cases of cystitis.

Hope this helps.

I've also heard that it is more likely to happen if you ride.

Vegwannabe touched on my concern, anything I've ever heard is that if you don't need antibiotics, don't take it. Your body becomes immune to them overtime, which means they throw your personal immune system off balance. I'm not quite sure what prolonged time on antibiotics would accomplish..