Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many have lost 200 pounds...

I have lost 170 in 9 months. DOnt think i am going to make 200 in 12months. But i cant say i am not pleased!

Heckofa job whosya.... 30 pounds in 3 months, depending on your weight now could be a breeze based upon what you have accomplished in the last 9 months. Best of luck.

dab

u lost this on the lap band?

Yes, I have a 10 cc band that was placed in September of last year...the stats are at the bottom of the post on progress. I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about losing weight...even more than 200 pounds.

I realistically would like to lose 300 to 325 pounds...but I don't am not sure how far I will get. The skin is starting to sag quite a bit now and I don't have a clue how much weight will stay on because of that. We shall see.

dab

BTW, where in KC are you? There are a LOT of us in the area.

I am in Independence...Northeast Independence.

dab

Wow Dab, you are one hell of a success story!! Looks like you are on your way!

I'm so happy that I found his forum. I have about 165 lbs to lose and it is so enligthening to see how well so many other people who are even heavier than me have faired. One surgeon I consultated even said that he would not do the band on people with BMI higher than 45 (I am 50.5). He feels that the weight loss is only about 50 lbs in a year and that I would be disapointed.

But from what I am reading the heavier you are, the faster you can lose. I am especially interested that so many people have reduced their need for so much medication and have been taken off the CPAP machine.

This has been a long road for me because I have been trying to make up my mind for almost 18 months, and I have had no support from my family. I was actually scheduled for banding June 12, 2008 and cancelled. This was before I found LBT. After reading all the various post I am ready to proceed.

I have another consultation with my surgeon on July 8, 2008, because he really wants to see if I have made the commitment to go through with the banding this time. I am really ready because I can't wait any longer, I'm not getting any younger and I need to get healthy again.

One of my concerns is the fact that the knee is so bad painful from arthritis, the only excercise I can do is in the pool. I hope that will be enough. I know I need to excercise to help speed the weight loss.

Wish me luck. I really want to have this sooner than later.

Anne from Pasadena, Ca.

Best of luck to you travel lady...and others.

I just try to remember this is just a tool and I still have to be in control of what I do.

The last few days were a scare for me, but it is getting better. I traveled last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I did well on the food side, but probably enjoyed too many drinks....oh well, once in a while.

I think the problem came in when I filled up with gas for the tirp home.....I went in to get a bottle of tea and picked up a bag of sunflower seeds. It had been a long time since I ate any sunflower seeds and this new flavor - Salt and Pepper - caught my eye. Short of the story, I ate a big bag of them on the 3 hour trip home....that is all I ate that day. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning with the WORST heartburn I have had since being banded. Antacid didn't cut it. My throat also felt like the week I was banded, where it almost feels like there is a lump about halfway down.

That happened then, on and off the next day and then again the following night....just as bad. I thought something might be wrong...but with a bland diet the next day and some over the counter acid pills, I am about back to normal now.

It is funny how some things can be tolerated and some things can't. Early last week, I was invited to lunch with a couple of guys and they wanted bbq. They didn't know I was banded, which doesn't really make a difference, I can do just about anything as long as I am careful.

They both ordered burnt ends and sausage...whcih sounded good, but there wasn't any reason for me to spend $11.00 on something I would take three bites of - so I ordered a burnt end sandwich.

I had three chunks of the meat out of the sandwich and chewed and chewed and chewed and chewed and chewed and thought all was well. I also had two french fries. When we were leaving I knew things were not as good as first considered. I gave it all back in a parking lot about two blocks down the road. I am glad we didn't ride together and they went one way and me the other when we left the bbq place. I am going to miss burnt ends....but I will live without them.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

dab

Hi all,

I'm a Canadian who has about 200 pounds to lose to get to the ideal insurance-company-tables weight. My banding is scheduled for July 16, 2008 and this is the first time I've posted to this site. I was moved to do so by the "burnt ends" food item in this post. What is it? Barbecued food that is burnt is carcinogenic, so if that's the case with this thing, I think you're actually better off health-wise not being able to tolerate it.

My sister, who was banded two years ago, can't tolerate meat but has no problem with chicken breast. One of the members of a bandsters group I've gone to can't eat the breast of chicken, only the thighs. She says it's too "dense," so I guess you never can tell what foods you'll have problems with.

In four days, on a 1000-calorie pre-op diet, I lost five pounds, so I hope it augurs well for my post-op life.

WOW.....that is amazing....I have a long way to go, but I've lost 80lbs so far.....I was banded October 2007 in Tijuana, Mexico by Dr. Kuri and have had great success without complications, but I've only had one fill 1.6cc of a 4cc band.....I've been putting it off....but I've decided I'm worth it....and have an appointment in August....thanks for your inspiration.

I am so glad I found this particular forum.

I have about 227lbs to lose and I was hoping I wasn't the only one.

Everyone who has posted is a real inspiration. And MANY congrats!!

Burnt ends actually are not "burned"....it is the one end of a brisket that gets more "crispy" than the rest. The meat is just as fine as the rest, but it is a bit longer grain texture and the outside is crispy and the inside just smoked to the right temp.

I don't like to eat chicken breasts either. Just doesn't settle well.

dab

Hi,

I am also new to this site and am really glad that I found it. All the success stories are of great value to me as I start this journey. So far I have seen all the required doctors except one the cardiologist... My surgeon said that once I pass everything he should be able to schedule my surgery with in a month and half. I am scared and excited. I attended a support group meeting last week to talk to people who have had the surgery. I am for some reason on the fence about the lapband vs gastric bypass. The only reason I am on this fence is because of the amount I have to loss... and the time it could take to do it. Reading hear that some of you have been able to loose so much in relatively a short amount of time is insperational.

Please keep telling your stories because they are helping me soooo much.

Jo Anna

06/18/08 Initial Consult :)

06/24/08 Nutritionist :thumbup:

06/26/08 Endocopy

06/27/08 Endorcrinologist :lol:

07/01/08 Psychologist :lol:

07/02/08 Pulmonologist :drool:

07/08/08 Support Group Meeting :laugh:

07/17/07 Cardiologist

388 BMI of 61 @ initial consult