Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring Hill FL.

Susan

I found it I wondered what happened. That was a great idea. Perhaps we can get some activity in here as I know after my first consult I may have tons of questions as I begin the process of getting to that surgery date.

Hi everyone,

Im starting to get upset here, It has been a few weeks since I have seen the scale move, I dont understand how I can be eating between 800-1000 calories which are all healthy choices and I am not loosing any weight. I go for my second adjustment on Monday, I would just like to see the number go down some. Sorry for venting.:blush:

Hey Tigerlili, don't get upset. You have done incredibly well and have lost so much so quickly already. Sometimes we just hit a plateau. Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing--sounds like you are making the right choices. Just be patient and things will happen.

Hey Tigerlili, don't get upset. You have done incredibly well and have lost so much so quickly already. Sometimes we just hit a plateau. Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing--sounds like you are making the right choices. Just be patient and things will happen.

Hi Skinny, Thanks for the support, I went in for what I thought was going to be my second adjustment, but the dr was happy that I had lost 6 pounds this month and didnt think I needed any more restriction, he said that I could expect to plateau now and again and my body would catch up with it. He said they expect to see 5-8 pounds a month, and I knew that going into getting the band, I think just in the back of my head I was hoping for bigger numbers!

Oh well, I will keep on trucking, pick up on my work outs and see if that makes a difference!

How has everyone been doing on here!! doesn't look like to many people are talking???!!!!???!!:biggrin:

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

Hi All,

I am not banded yet but will be on Sept. 3 with Dr. K in Colorado. I am not in Spring Hill but used to live there and my Dad lives there. He has several houses there. I live in Tallahassee and there don't seem to be many (if any) of us here :biggrin: It's still nice to have others in Florida to go through this journey with. Congrats to those already banded and good luck to those of us who have yet to begin our new lives.

Deb

Hi Tigerlili, I told you not to get upset about your weight loss. You are doing good and things will move again. I know we all want it to come off overnight, but the fact is that it didn't come on overnight. Just try to keep making the right choices and you will be fine. I am on my 3rd day of pre-op diet (Atkins) and have already dropped 5 pounds. I know it is probably mostly Water, but hey, I'll take it anyway. My surgery is next Thursday 7/31 and I am counting the days. Very excited. I have started back using my treadmill last night for the first time in many years. It really felt good even though I could only do 20 minutes. I will try to build up my time slowly. Just feels good to be moving again and have a goal. Good luck and keep in touch.

Hey Sandy

I am so excited that you are getting closer to your surgery date!!! Good job on the 5 pounds down!! I need to try to start working out more this month. That is one of my mini goals! I was on a role but my nickname in my family is "Grace" for a good reason! I was cleaning the pool and stepped down wrong last month and fractured my foot, it is finally starting to feel better so I am planning on getting back on track with exercise!

Keep me updated! When do you plan on flying out?? I will keep you in my thoughts!

April

Hello to:

sandy,tigerlili08,harkingluv,jbflorida,susan,ssflbelle and a special welcome

to tally. I was out of town in (nyc), lets keep spring hill thread kicking.

Staying in touch with one another.:smile:---Sandy, your surgery date is getting close, so chin up and go take care of business!!.:thumbup: Best of luck.Bug57

hello!!

i am looking for a reputable, affordable doctor in Florida. I have cigna and they wont cover the procedure so I am self pay. I know that cost is not the first choice but I cant afford 20K. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your help!:biggrin2:

I was self pay too---I went to Ernest Rehnke in St. Pete--16K. I had an easy surgery and have had good results.

Hi Bug57, thanks for the good wishes. Yes, I am now 1 week away from surgery. I am on my 5th day of pre-op diet and already down

8 pounds---yippeee!!!! I am getting excited and looking forward to my trip to Colorado. Hope you had fun in NYC. I am a native N.Yer so I'm sure you had fun in the big apple. I will keep you posted as I get closer to D-day. Stay in touch and take care.

Tigerlili, thanks for thinking of me. I am 1 week away now and on my 5th day of pre-op. I am down 8 pounds as of this morning--yippee!!! Sorry to hear about your foot. That can really put a cramp in exercising, especially walking. Hope you can resume shortly. I am flying out next Wednesday 7/30 and surgery is Thurday 7/31. Getting excited now and anxious. Just want to get it over with. I will keep you posted on my progress. Good luck with the foot. Take care!!!

Hi Uptownmami278, have you considered traveling just a bit. Tally and I are going to a surgeon in Colorado. His name is Dr. Kirshenbaum and he has a very good reputation. He charges $9950. for everything. I am flying up there on Wednesday for surgery on Thursday 7/31. He only takes self pay and is trying to give people the option of not going to Mexico for the surgery. I have researched him thoroughly and he is a very experienced laparascopic surgeon. I even spoke with a nurse who is also a patient of his that works at the hospital where the surgery is performed and she said it is all brand new and very nice. His staff has been wonderful and his dietician is a PHd and very knowledgeable. I am very confident about my decision. The flight down there was very reasonable too if you shop around. If you are interested and want any more info, just ask me. I was all signed up with JourneyLite in Florida, but when I found out my insurance co. wouldn't pay, the $15,800 price tag was out of my reach so I had to look for other options. I did consider Mexico, but my family was dead set against it. I hope you make whatever decision is best for you. Good luck!!!

I was self pay too---I went to Ernest Rehnke in St. Pete--16K. I had an easy surgery and have had good results.

I went to one of Dr. Ernest Rehnke seminares in Tampa. He seemed

like a very good Dr. But a little expensive for me. bug57

bug--

I went to 7 seminars of different docs in Tampa area. I did my homework!! I considered another doc that was $2500 cheaper, but decided to go with the doc that I felt was the best choice. Later, I found out that the other doc had made a terrible mistake prescribing a drug before someone's surgery which could have killed her! I also considered Colorado and Dr. K, but in case of a problem, I wanted to be able to go back to my doc THE NEXT DAY! I wanted just one doc that would come to know me and what is best for me.

If you do go out of the area, make sure you have AFTERCARE set up for fills. Some docs only handle their own patients and some charge MUCH more for someone else's surgery patients.

Some people have been happy with Mexico. My "gut" said no. Again, I want to be able to go back to the doc WHENEVER and IF ever there is a problem.

Good luck with your decision. It IS a lot to consider. I know. I am thrilled with the band and have gone from a 20 pants to a size 12--just since May 13. I wish you and everyone the same success!

Judy