Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welll...I think my Dr. finally got me in the "GREEN" zone...but leaning also to the "RED" zone:confused:. Two chicken nuggets and I am done....is this too tight?? Lost 8 pounds in 6 days though!:blink::thumbup: I feel bulemic for the first time in my life.... if we go out to dinner I have to be close to the bathroom in case of regurgitation:thumbdown:

I too started feeling real restriction after my 3rd fill (6cc's in 10cc band). I have to really eat slowly, chew thoroughly and manage portions. sounds to me thats how the band should work, and I can still manage to eat about 1/2 cup of food or so per sitting, which I think is about right...

I haven't had any fills yet (will get mine on 6/12) But thats how I felt for the first 4 weeks after surgery and I sooooo miss it.

Sounds just like how the band is suppose to work to me. I think what people tolerate and the amount changes with each fill for some people so each time I think it takes time and changes to get used to the new fill.

Good luck! I can't wait to be where you are : )

Eh, I don't think you should be expecting to get stuck....or feeling bulemic. That type of behavior can lead to a slipped band if you keep it up.

Sounds like you need to concentrate a little more on what you're eating. I doubt you're too tight, but chicken nuggets just may not be in the cards in your future. I know very few bandies who can eat fried ANYTHING....much less dry chicken. I've found that with chicken nuggets (or anything FRIED or FAST food for that matter) gets me stuck every time. Stick to grilled/baked/broiled lean meats...go for sauces to help them to be slick, take small bites, and chew chew chew.

After meat, go to your veggies, but stay away from the stringy ones like asparagus--they don't go down well for me.

Hope this helps!

i just had my 2nd fill this weekend which brought me up to 5.3 in a 10cc band. yesterday was my first day back to eating solids and it didn't go very well. i had 2 of the small slim jim's and spend the remainder of the evening PB'ing. i was still hungry so i had 4 almonds and i PB'd those too. today for lunch i grabbed 1/4 of a deli sandwich from a luncheon at work and ate 3 small bites. i've kept it down but i keep burping. is that normal? i hope i'm not too filled because i'm 4 hours away from my doctor! i have to admit... it does feel nice to have restriction!!

Hi Kalipso - yes, agree, restriction is nice (that's why we get banded). Hopefully, your not too tight - try "softer" Proteins, like fish or hamburger meat and see how they do for you. Some foods are tougher than others and is different from person to person. Try each new food slowly and dont eat too much and wait to see how your band handles it. Remember, you still should be able to eat without pb'ing....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches