Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

spf 85 my ass!

I put this 100% pure aloe vera gel on my burn and that helped, but some of the smaller blisters on my back popped (i'm guessing) because it burned my shoulders and back so much I thought I was going to cry. Looking at the back of the "100% pure aloe vera" I saw there was alcohol in it. This confuses me.

yeow! alcohol will dry the skin out. NO NO On burns!!

I would run to the nearest wal-mart and get a bottle of

Ocean Potion 100% Aloe Gel,

It has color, fragrance and a couple additives in it but NO Alcohol.

Welcome to Ocean Potion!

Aloe Gel, 20.5oz 5.99 a bottle

I hate to tell anyone to shop at wal-mart but its the only place I know that sells it. Besides online. It's what me and my daughter use for after sun care for years now (daughter mostly). they do have a ice version that is supossed to help with the pain but I have not seen it in my local wal-mart. So I can't vouch for it.

Ditch the aloe with alcohol, save it for something else. lol

A few drops of plain old baby oil in bath Water is one of the best things I have ever used for skin moisture. My daughter when she was little used to get horrible Patches of scorisis(SP?) that even perscriptions wouldn't touch. Only thing that would help her was colidial(sp?) oatmeal & a few drops of baby oil in her nightly bath. If we started the treatments when it first appeared it saved her the pain full hassle of perscription creams that did little.

You just gotta make sure NOT to get it in your hair. lol as it takes forever to get the oil out of it.

My HOA has a pool. I was the Pool Chair for a year and on the Board for two. I don't believe sunblock really clogs up the filter. We never had that problem. The holes in the filter are much bigger than sunblock! Now hair, people throwing trash in the pool, etc., yes, those messed up our filter.

OTOH, when someone slathered with sunscreen jumps in the pool and it's not a water-proof kind, it does make the Water kind of slimy for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real reason behind the sunblock ban. :thumbs_up:

After I read this thread I threw out most of our extensive collection of suntan and sun block lotions. We had stuff dating back to the 1990s. I didn't tell my mate. He can be a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to the strangest things and suntan lotions and old food both fall into that category. This is because he doesn't burn unlike indoor Green here and he doesn't get sick on icky stale food.

When he discovers that the fabulous supply of sun products is all gone there will be weeping but weeping is better than screaming through the pain of a sunburn, eh.

wish I could remember the name of it. there is a spray on pain reliever for sunburn that I would use when ever I got sun poisioning. Been years though so I dunno if its still available or not.

Now I don't bother with sunscreens/blocks much. I don't tan anyhow, whenever I go to the pool (they don't allow suntan/block products at all cause they mess up the filter) I just wear a tshirt. Aloe and white vinagar always helped the most though of any at home products.

But I do use a SPF 30 sunscreen when in the car for very long.

Solarcaine! Amazing stuff. Stinky but amazing.

I get so sick in the sun now a days I'm allergic to it and I get sun poisoning so quickly and easily. After having skin cancer I don't take chances.

I just try my best to stay out of the sun, but I do use sunscreen n all

Went to the doctor yesterday and he was telling me that anything over a SPF of 15 is a waste of money. I can't help but wonder if this is true or not?

but heck he comes from the carribean so maybe he knows. lol

He changed a couple of my medicines and was pretty insistent for me to avoid sunburns or much exposier to the sun.

I am super fair skinned as it is, never have really tanned either, just get huge explosions of freckles lol. And after a few cases of sun poisioning I gave up ever thinking I could be tanned.

I still tan but i get sick >< id rather stay the shade I am then be sick lol the only party of me that has a little color is my arms and neck and face. and hands and feet hehe

oh and the parts of my shoulders and back chest area that shows with some shirts like lowcut or the wide shoulder shirts. I used to get as dark as an indian and I almost looked black but I cant do that anymore..too much damage get too sick ><

my arms look sort of colores but i cant call it a tan lol.. If you look real close just above my wrists is a swatch that goes halfway to the elbow that looks somewhat tanned, as it gets closer to the elbow it turns into darker freckles first time I noticed it I thought my arm was dirty lol. But no both arms do this and the right is a tiny bit darker then the other.

I cant say the Patches are freckles cause pretty continuous and there isnt and real definition to them if they are huge Patches of freckles so who knows. something to ask the doc about I guess.

I keep telling my kids I should just get over the whole pale thing and turn into huge freckle that way I could have a tan once in my life. :)

lol 1 huge freckle i have some freckles but its mostly moles I get lots of moles and thats the kind of cancer i had a melanoma

oddly enough it was right next to my crotch in my inner thigh where i never EVER got sun