Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sad when "cheating" is grilled chicken!

Oh man I would love some grilled chicken right now!! I am on day 3 of my pre-op 2 week clear liquid diet. I almost broke down & had some grilled chicken last night. I begged my hubby to go to the store & buy some (I was already in my PJ's). He was good & told me if I pushed through the craving I would be happier with myself. Then I rationalized about how I am only getting about 500 calories a day, & how could I lose weight if my body thinks it is starving???? So he said, well if you are going to cheat you should have to go with me to buy it. To that I said no thank you & went to sleep!

I am glad I didn't do it! I woke up this morning & weighed & finally saw some weight loss. :tongue2:

Edited by shome

What a good hubby! That was the perfect, supportive response!

I went grocery shopping today for my items for my liquid diet. Dude, I have never spent 20 minutes looking over broth, stocks, and Soups before! The hard part will be that I have 2 teacher workshops next week, and teachers in my district are infamous for making sure we go to excellent restaurants for lunch since we are stuck brown bagging it or eating school lunches most of the time! I'll have to bring a really good book and find a park to hang out in for lunch!

Thanks for your post. I'm going to remember it when I have to push through cravings!

Oh man I would love some grilled chicken right now!! I am on day 3 of my 2 week clear liquid diet. I almost broke down & had some grilled chicken last night. I begged my hubby to go to the store & buy some (I was already in my PJ's). He was good & told me if I pushed through the craving I would be happier with myself. Then I rationalized about how I am only getting about 500 calories a day, & how could I lose weight if my body thinks it is starving???? So he said, well if you are going to cheat you should have to go with me to buy it. To that I said no thank you & went to sleep!

I am glad I didn't do it! I woke up this morning & weighed & finally saw some weight loss. :tongue2:

Please don't do it! It was the second week of liquids and I was starving also. My son didn't finish his noodles so I said they are soft they should go down with no problem. I have a pain that was out of this world for about 1 hour. It felt like my chest had something stuck in it and it was very painful. I had to lay down and take the pain meds for this it was not a pretty sight. It's just a little longer and you will be on mushy foods soon. You can do it!

Please don't do it! It was the second week of liquids and I was starving also. My son didn't finish his noodles so I said they are soft they should go down with no problem. I have a pain that was out of this world for about 1 hour. It felt like my chest had something stuck in it and it was very painful. I had to lay down and take the pain meds for this it was not a pretty sight. It's just a little longer and you will be on mushy foods soon. You can do it!

I am still pre-op. I don't think I will have a problem post-op, I will be doing it for healing. I don't think I will cheat now anyway, I don't want anything to get in the way of me having surgery!!!

I am now on day 7 of my 2 week clear liquid pre-op. I didn't cheat at all the first 3 days and I dropped about 2 pounds a day. The days that I cheat and eat a wedge of cheese or some tuna, I only lose about a pound or I don't lose. I am finished cheating though... it just makes it harder the next day resist temptation. :tongue2: I called my consultant and she said in addition to my Jello, broth and Water I can now have V8 juice, FF cream Soups made with water or ff milk and egg drop Soup.< /p>

When I was on my 2 week diet of liquids, my Dr told me that If I feel like I am starving, then at night I can have either a grilled chicken or baked chicken 3 oz with a salad. Believe me I drank everything for 2 weeks and had my salad at night, I still lost 16 pounds before surgrey. Now I have lost a total os 31 pounds within 1 month of surgery. I was banded on April 14, 2008..I have also had my first fill, and getting another one next week. For everyone on the liquids, It will be ok. Just ask your Dr if you can have something at night. Then you have to stay on that liquid diet for another 2 weeks after surgery..It's rough but you can make it.

When I was on my 2 week diet of liquids, my Dr told me that If I feel like I am starving, then at night I can have either a grilled chicken or baked chicken 3 oz with a salad. Believe me I drank everything for 2 weeks and had my salad at night, I still lost 16 pounds before surgrey. Now I have lost a total os 31 pounds within 1 month of surgery. I was banded on April 14, 2008..I have also had my first fill, and getting another one next week. For everyone on the liquids, It will be ok. Just ask your Dr if you can have something at night. Then you have to stay on that liquid diet for another 2 weeks after surgery..It's rough but you can make it.

My Dr. is VERY strict about the liquid diet. There is another lady that is scheduled a few days after me & she has to actually go weigh in at the clinic on the morning of her surgery. If she doesn't meet the requirement, no go.

I am confident I will make it. I am down about 24 lbs since my consultation appt. with him on April 9th.

He also has us do a 4 week post-op liquid diet.

I will make it through this. It is hard though. I made mac-n-cheese, hot dogs & peas for my family tonight & wouldn't even taste the noodles to see if they were ready. This is my last shot for weight loss. I figure my insurance company is willing to shell out the money for it, I had better do my part. :tongue2:

I guess every Dr is different. Mine isn't so strick. As long as I lost some weight, he didn't mind. Plus most of this weight loss before surgery is just to shrink the liver and to get your mind ready for a very big change in eatting. I hope your Dr does it for you. To me a Dr shouldn't be THAT strick on his patients before surgery. I mean if we all can loose the weight by this way, then what do they have the band for..Ya know?? I mean this is just my oppenion. yeah I was on a 4 week diet also after sugery. But 2 weeks into it, my Dr let me start on scramble eggs to see if I can keep that down. Believe me, at that point I LOVED EGGS!! They were my best friend.

But just do what your Dr wants you to do. Keep up the good work!!

I guess every Dr is different. Mine isn't so strick. As long as I lost some weight, he didn't mind. Plus most of this weight loss before surgery is just to shrink the liver and to get your mind ready for a very big change in eatting. I hope your Dr does it for you. To me a Dr shouldn't be THAT strick on his patients before surgery. I mean if we all can loose the weight by this way, then what do they have the band for..Ya know?? I mean this is just my oppenion. yeah I was on a 4 week diet also after sugery. But 2 weeks into it, my Dr let me start on scramble eggs to see if I can keep that down. Believe me, at that point I LOVED EGGS!! They were my best friend.

But just do what your Dr wants you to do. Keep up the good work!!

Yeah he is doing it for my liver to shrink. I know he has my success in mind.

Thank you for the encouragement! :(

Today is my birthday and I screwed up big time yesterday! Work took me to lunch and I though they had Soup there but didn't I got tostadas with Beans and chicken which were mostly like taco salad but less chips and not the 12,000 calorie variety! I didn't eat chips or drink margaritas which was good (although I don't drink at lunchtime lately).

I totally screwed up with the two pieces of cake though! Had about 200 calories worth of airpopped popcorn and my Protein shake for dinner. And let me tell you my stomach is ANGRY at me today! I thought I'd do a low cal high Protein Breakfast. I made lluevos rancheros with fresh pico de gallo and one corn tortilla (40 calories). It was good until I yacked it all up! Funny I am thinking I Just need to stick to the shakes today even though I'd planned to eat a bit and drink. You only turn 35 once! Still I am 10 pounds down and should be ok for the 13th.

Oh, teachers and food, it's very hard.

I have an end of the school year party tonight - not going.

I have an last day of school lunch on Tuesday - must go, not eating.

I start liquids only next Saturday; for surgery on 6/30.

food was one of my best friends. I am breaking off the friendship. It doesn't work for me, and in effect is making me sick and killing me because of our relationship is unhealthy.

I told my husband he is going to have to eat out dinner BEFORE coming home for the next two-three weeks.

As a teacher, I also had a very hard time not eating last week. Thank GOD school ended yesterday, but now I have to fight the demons telling me to eat while I'm bored at home. I tried to get out of the house, but by 11 am it was really hot outside.... should move from Texas. Anyway, my husband has been fantastic about trying to eat before he gets home and when he eats here, he tries to eat things with quick prep, low odors and not noisy. He's really supporting me.

Congrats on hubby's support.

Mine is totally on-board with me too.

I tease him that when he eats before coming home; he better look out and take a deep breath ... because when he walks in the door.... he's going to get the longest, deepest, fully mouth hello kiss I can muster up ... despite being in my weakened and hungry state.... because I intend to taste every bit of what food pieces he has left in his mouth from his dinner ....!!!

Oh man I would love some grilled chicken right now!! I am on day 3 of my pre-op 2 week clear liquid diet. I almost broke down & had some grilled chicken last night. I begged my hubby to go to the store & buy some (I was already in my PJ's). He was good & told me if I pushed through the craving I would be happier with myself. Then I rationalized about how I am only getting about 500 calories a day, & how could I lose weight if my body thinks it is starving???? So he said, well if you are going to cheat you should have to go with me to buy it. To that I said no thank you & went to sleep!

I am glad I didn't do it! I woke up this morning & weighed & finally saw some weight loss. :)

LOL..... Yolur husband seems cool....