Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found the money so I'm moving forward!!!

Hi...

I'm new to this site. I signed up a few weeks ago, but was busy trying to find the money to get this done because my insurance wouldn't pay for it. Well, I found the money and I am sooooo happy at one end and scared at another end. I have my appointment this Monday and I was told that since I'm a cash out I could get my surgery as early as the week of June 23rd. IS THIS REAL?:confused:

Thats terrific news!!! GOOD LUCK :confused: Keep us posted. I am pre-band and really love to read about new banders and their journey. :thumbup:

Thanks...

When did you get band?

Hi Lady.

I was self-pay. I had my lapband surgery on March 6th, three months ago today. So far, I have lost 38 lbs. and if I had it to do over again, I would hand that money over again in a heartbeat.

Good luck to you in your lapband journey. Keep in touch if you would like.

Jude

Thanks...

I'm a bit scare now for some reason, but I know that this is the best thing for me.

I was banded on March 6th. Three weeks ago today I am down 38 lbs. No complications, no problems. It has been a dream for me. Got my first 4cc fill 6 weeks after surgery. Scheduled for another fill next Thursday. Looking forward to that. My only advice to anyone who gets the lapband surgery done is to follow your doctor's pre-op and post-op instructions to the letter.

Wow! 38 pounds is so great! I can't wait to be able to say that myself.

I hope so. I'm not afarid of pain, but of the unknown. I have been over weight for half of my audlt life now and it's going to be weird to be back to how I was 20 years ago.

You will be able to say that soon. Good luck. I had no problems at all. I get my second fill next Thursday and think I will do even better. It is a process. Focus on your pre-op diet. Then, focus on your recovery and doing what the doctor tells you to do post-op and watch the weight come off. Pretty fast at first, but then it will taper off and be slower. That's okay because it is supposed to. Keep us posted on your progress. Best of luck for your surgery and your recovery.

Hi lady

I was wondering if u knew what it is going to cost for your band? I am working w/ my insurance company but am very afraid they are going to find a way to deny me. I am really starting to question wether this is right for me. I may just be geting cold feet. I was very excited at first but then found out that I had to do a 6 mo Dr supervised diet which is up at the end of this month. I could not really do good on my diet cuz I was just at the 40 % BMI (I had to gain 20 lbs to get there) so I was told if I lost much then I would not quilafy...... that just made me wanna screem lol:cursing: So now I am questioning if I even wanna spend the money to have the pre opp testing done. Im pretty sure my insurance will not pay for those. I guess I am just very afraid I will go down this long road and put out $$$ just to have all my hopes shot down. So Im wondering if I may be able to self pay if it comes down to that.

Hi there:

It’s going to cost me $12,000 out of pocket because my insurance doesn’t allow any type of weight loss surgery. I’m very new to this. Believe it or not I should have done this about 5 years ago when I first went to see what it was all about, but the fear of the unknown took over and here I am all these years later with about 50 more pounds on me. I guess too I had to wait to come up with the money because I’ve never had an insurance that would allow me to do this type of surgery. The only reason I’m even on this wagon again is because I ran into an old friend of one of my oldest daughters Mother at Sam’s and I did not recognize her. She was as big as I the last time I saw her and now she was down about 50 pounds in about 3 months. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! So neat less to say if I had not run into her I would not be here today. She told me about TLC Edge in Dallas, TX and how I could apply for credit and well here I am really to take this on. I’m doing it because I am about 150 pounds over what I should be, plus I have a few medical problems that I’m sure will be corrected by having this surgery.

How much are you over weight that they had to add 20 pounds to you?

I had to pay for my surgery too.

I was not afraid of the sugery, but was afraid of the pain after. let me tell you something.... I had my surgery on a friday, and I was working the following monday (obviously not at 100%, but in my PC taking it easy). I am such a coward when it comes to pain and needles and all that, and I do not regret for one second the decision I took, when I decided to have this procedure done.

I am 12 pounds away from my goal of 130 pounds. i feel great, I can do a lot of thins I wasn't abel before. I can buy my clothes (beautiful ones) in regular stores, I can cross my legs, I can play with my niece and run with her on the garden.

I think I am really blessed for having this second chance to live my life in a different way and enjoy it as much as I do now.

Good luck, I know everything's gonna be OK !!!

And me, I’m not afraid of the pain, but the surgery! I can take pain very well. Sometimes to well! I get poke every 6 weeks to check my thyroid and it’s been that way for almost 14 years now. They have never been able to stabilize it so I have to check it often.

I think ~ Am I making the right choice? Am I being selfish in doing this? What if something goes wrong and I leave my family before it’s time. I have so much to do in this world still and I don’t want to leave anything hanging.

But I knowing what it use to be like when I could cross my legs, shop at regular stores, ride horses and bikes and all sorts of wonderful things that I miss on a daily basis know that this surgery will get me back to that stage, but the fear is so strong, I just can’t help it.