Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling so Sexy

This is for everyone out there that thinks you will never feel really sexy again. I am a little over 5 months into my band and have lost 66 lbs and regained my sexy little spirit! I feel as sexy now as I did when I was 18! It is wonderful (even a little bit scary). I catch men staring at me again. :thumbup: Of course my husband likes it too as he reaps all the benefits! I am so glad that I had lapband procedure and finding myself all over again. Here's hoping this little thread finds you feeling so sexy again too.

Gail:wub:

Gail, Thanks For Those Words Of Wonder.i'm About Three Weeks Out Before Banding.and I'm Sure My Husband Would Love To See Your Posting.i Feel So Ugly And Not Pretty Anymore. He Keeps Telling I Am,but The Proof Is There. So I Look Forward Today It.looking To Lose 110ibs..memom

That is wonderful! I've lost 21 pounds and I have noticed a big difference in my body (and the fact that I'm a size smaller) and I feel sexy, too. Keep up the good work!

"Bringing Sexy Back" LOL...that's really sweet and very funny. Sometimes I wonder how I'll feel once I lose the weight because it has been such an excuse not to get close or a "wall of protection" for me. I'm working on all that in behavior modification classes.

Gail, Funny that you should post this thread, I was thinking the same thing this morning. I feel great and my Husband is appreciating it.

I was just banded 6 days ago:thumbup: and had gone to a Grad Party over the weekend and I happen to sit next to a man I had never met. I did not think anything of it, I sat there talking with everyone at the table, then I got up to go in the house, stopped in the kitchen to talk with other family. I noticed that my husband had come back in the house as well but just thought he got hot outside. Later he told me that he felt the "man" was flirting with me and that when I went in the house the man left the table and followed me in (which I did not even now the guy came in).......:lol:LOL:lol:....it made me feel good that my husband is on the lookout already (not that he needs to be) but it was still a good feeling!!!

You go there hun, am happy to hear that you you feel positive and sexy! We are all "bringing sexy back" lol lol (slowly but surely) :thumbup:

I know what you mean. It has been about 14 months for me. I am currently about 40 pounds less than what I was at age 16 when I got my driver's license (so you can see I have been overweight ALL of my almost 40 years). I feel sexier & I look better in my clothing. I have this new found desire to date, go out and socialize more with men in general. I get more compliments from men. They hold doors open more for me. i would like to think that it's my imagination but it's not. It's just totally different now for me. The sad part about it is that I have this boyfriend who is a work-a-holic police officer and I don't get to see him that often. That along with my new desire to date, socialize more with men and actually wanting more sex does not mix. I have been in great conflict over this issue. He and I have discussed my needs and wants but not alot has changed. He just doesn't understand the impact this is having on my life because he has not been fat and shy all of his life so he cannot relate to that. He met me when I was at my heaviest and was supportive of me having the surgery. I really like him and we get along well when we do get to see each other but I now feel like I have been missing out on something & have become curious.

I loooove reading these sorts of posts. You give hope to me and others like me.

I want a sassy, sexy attitude back!!

I have put away some of my old granny gowns, and have pulled out and purchased some nice and SEXY lingerie. It feels so good. Even if my husband is out of town or goes to bed before I do, I feel totally different wearing this stuff, and love slipping into bed feeling totally feminine. I was wearing a 24 and this morning slipped into a lovely size 16 dress for work. My husband stood stunned in the kitchen and all he could say was WOW.... He gave me a big hug and said, "I'm taking you out to dinner tonight in that dress and showing you off." He's so proud of me, and I'm only half way there, but I do feel totally different. I got on an elevator at the courthouse to go to a meeting, and caught two men glancing at me up and down. It's been YEARS since that has happened. Huge ego boost. I forgot how good sexy feels.

I love my band! I feel tres sexy. I have collar bones, and I look hot in v-necks, and tank tops. OOOOOOOOO Yeah. I bought a few strapless bras and I wear them all the time. My hunny likes it A LOT. He is always stealing glaces at me!

As far as other men noticing...I have no idea. I walk around with my head in the clouds, and my eyes for my husband, because HE IS SO HOT!! If you want to see how sexy he is go to my blog...