Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I will be honest :lol: I feel GREAT!

Doctor said he will write me off for 2 weeks but TONS of people at work have taken 4 weeks (after going back for the 2 week check and saying they need more time) and I want to too :blink: I won't lie.

I have never called in sick so I figured I am owed it :w00t: Right? (looking for an excuse to take the time off) LOL

I work at a call center and I will literally have to sit at a desk tied to a headset for 7 hours out of the 8 hour day.

How long did YOU take off work and did you really need it????? Lets all be honest now............ :wink2:

Anyone get 4 weeks out of Dr. Teel? :thumbup:

Today is my first day back.

I took 2 weeks off, and I think it was the perfect amount of time. I like to keep busy and I missed my team (I am an executive assistant). I enjoyed 2 weeks of cleaning my house, running errands, watching movies, reading, working on my wedding planning business... it was nice. But I was ready to go back to work!

My job offers 12 weeks of paid leave - I was so tempted to take the full 12 weeks (my doctor would have written the not for whatever I said I needed)...glad I just took the 2 weeks. :lol:

I had my surgery on Thursday and was back to work the next Tuesday. I probably should have taken a week off because I was in pain the first few days back. I think a week is plenty, but if you can get more off....go for it!

I work at the airport, so I'm on my feet all day and lifting heavy bags (30-60 lbs) so I'm 2 weeks with hopefully a few weeks on light duty once I go back. Today is my last day of work until the 17th.

I took three weeks off just to be on the safe side, however I will go back to work in two weeks because I feel great.

I work at the airport, so I'm on my feet all day and lifting heavy bags (30-60 lbs) so I'm 2 weeks with hopefully a few weeks on light duty once I go back. Today is my last day of work until the 17th.

Good luck tomorrow!

I was off two weeks. I probably could have managed after one but I was still pretty worn out after minimal exertion so I took the second week. My doctor would have written up to six weeks but I thought that was a bit excessive. I was pretty drained after the first few days but I got back into the routine pretty quickly. I was ready to go back because I was getting bored with being at home alone.

The only concern I would have about TDPW4 is sitting that long without a break. You are still at risk for blood clots so make sure you walk around a bit after every hour or so. If you can't do that you have a legitimate reason for staying home for another week or two.

I had my surgery on Thursday, May 15th and I took off all of the following week. Then it was a long weekend for Memorial Day, so I was off 2 weeks. If I really had to I could have gone back to work earlier but I have a habit of pushing myself and rushing back before I should. I decided this was a big step in my life and I wanted to give myself time to heal and be good to ME. About 7 days after surgery I went out and pampered myself -- bought a couple of new outfits (I was careful not to spend too much - I don't expect those new clothes to fit me past the summer!) and I got a facial. It was wonderful.

I was still having port pain and I was getting tired easily, so I think I was justified in taking that time off anyway. (I am an executive assistant too).

I say take whatever time you can -- you've made a huge decision to do something so positive for yourself -- and this is your time to be good to you!

I work at a preschool so lifting kids is part of my day (diaper changes). I took the summer off so I would have plenty of time to recover but my Dr talked like it would not be a problem once I went back in the fall.

My surgery is on June 13, and I'm planning to take two weeks (plus a couple days before surgery -- I really don't want to do my clear-liquid-cleanse day while working, ew).

I've never had any surgery before, and I'm not sure how quickly or slowly I'll recover. I figure two weeks is safe. If I need to take longer or if I want to take half days when I get back, my boss has given me full blessing to take what I need.

My whole surgery (plus all the pre-approval dieting my insurance company provided) has been under an FMLA leave, so that offers me extra protection, too.

- jen

I only took four days off. I had my surgery on a Tuesday, and went back to work the following Monday. I wasn't as sore on Monday as much as I just felt physically worn out and wiped. I probably could have used a few more days at home.

I would think you should listen to your body and take what ever time you need to take. I expect to take a week off but will do more if necessary. I do not want to take more than necessary in case I experience complications down the road. I want my boss and coworders to think of this as a positive thing and if I am not there someone else has to cover my work and I not want to take advantage. My health of course will be the deciding factor.

I took two weeks off work & felt ok, a little tired at times but as I was only on liquids, I figured that was more to do with nutrition.

When I went back to work on the 15th day, although I felt ok, I am a supervisor in a call-centre-type environment & was almost in tears after 6 hours. Sitting up in a chair is nothing like lounging on the settee, in front of the tv. I was in real discomfort around my stomach & could not sit comfortably in my chair. I had to go outside for air on the one day, as I was feeling sick with the pain. This really surprised me, as I was mentally prepared for work & I'd read on here about people going back to work after just a couple of days.

I did 8hr shifts for two days, over the weekend, as there is no-one higher than me in then, but on the Monday, I went to my boss & she let me do reduced hours, 6hrs the first week & 8hrs last week. Today was my first 10hr shift & it was fine.

I've come to realise that everyone is different & don't put an undue pressure on yourself to meet unrealistic goals, just go by what your body tells you! Its important to put yourself first & let your body heal itself.

Good luck with your journey!

Suzi

I work in a call center too....I took 2 weeks off and during the second week I was feeling really pretty good. I was starting to feel sort of guilty about being off and feeling so good as well as a little (and JUST a little, mind you) bored. Well, a couple days after I went back to work I woke up feeling very nauseated and super tired so I called off. I was really glad I took the full two weeks and looking back I think 1/2 days my first week back would not have been a bad idea. Not that my work is physically hard, but sitting at that desk, like you...tied to a headset for the workday, it can get very draining. I say milk it for as long as you can LOL!!!

Take as much time off as you can get! You can get your diet under control and start an exercise regimen. You'll feel great when you go back.