Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ June 2008 Chat

Good Morning Y'all!

Another hot one today! 98 degrees!

Trish - It really does get better every day. Just walk as much as you can and it will help the gas, and sip Water as much as possible. If you get some shoulder pain use a heating pad, it works wonders. Those are the things that helped me most of all.

Pat - I was nervous when I first started, I wasn't too sure of how bad the traffic would be at certain times. They have one bridge I have to cross and it goes up high and comes down fast. They have scraped groves in all the cement and if you have ever rode on that kind of road you will know what I mean. It is almost like the road takes control of the bike and that scares me. But, the further I went the more relaxed I got. I don't do a lot of riding alone, mostly with my husband, and he usually leads and I just follow. I had to do all the watching etc. and I was worried about that a little but once I got going I was fine. I will do it again soon, just not every day. Everyone ask me yesterday if I rode again. My boss told me I was the talk of the office. lol Probably thought what's an old lady like that doing on a Harley! I'm like you with pictures, I usually get rid of them as fast as they are taken. I hate getting my picture taken.

Kat - I'm glad things are getting better for you.

Jessica - I'm like you, I pack the night before or the morning of the trip. If I do it any sooner, I am just taking stuff out to use.

Catch you all later!

Trisha glad to see you are home and doing good. The gas pain does get better just try to walk around as much as you can and the heating bad does really help. And dont worry about whining!!! whine all you want here we have all been there before and know where you are coming from!

have a great weekend chicas!

awwwww Betty, thanks so much for that heartwarming thought, I loved it! Made me smile :thumbup:

Jessica, what a sweetie, thank you for your kind words!!!

Pat, I appreciate your comments and your encouragement!!! I value, also, your business savvy. So, with all (and I do mean ALL) options to consider, I thank you for your "business owner" insight, and I realize too, that unlike you, not all employers make decisions fairly or with a lot of common sense. I'll keep an open mind. Thanks again!

Trish, I hope you feeling a little better today. I remember the things that helped me the most: gas-x dissolveable strips. It doesn't get rid of all the gas pains, but I thought it helped some. I also loved sonic's "party ice" about $1.70 for a 10lb. bag....so good! It really helped with my craving to chew!!! If you"ve never tried it, it's a treat...so soft & crunchy. I'm plagued with a sweet tooth and found the Edy's sugarfree fruit pops a satisfier! As for the discomfort, I could tell a difference every day, on day 7, I could tell I turned the corner and was ready to go back to work.

Kat, glad things are better for you and DH. and, oh yeah, I STILL have pool envy! Hey....Pat can't use two at the same time :thumbup: When she gets her beach pool in and uses it there, I could be HERE, making sure her other pool dosen't get lonely!!!! (hee hee...just kiddin', Pat! :w00t:) :crying:

Hey Mandy, any progress on the scooter modifications? sure is a nice looking scooter! Are you still on the same tank of gas? Or are you havin' too much fun ridin' right now?!!! :biggrin2:

Eileenie....where are ya?

Sherry, good luck with the deck rework around the pool (did I mention I have pool envy? LOL) BTW....how's your yoga "dance pose" going? You ought to see mine! oh yeah, such grace :thumbup:

Donna! Any friend of Pat's is a friend of mine! Welcome aboard :smile:

Good mornin' ever'body, just thought I'd pop in to say "hey y'all!"...I don't have any plans today (that's my plan! LOL) :P Hope everybody has a great day! TTYL!

Hi Lovies,

Great to see so many posting again... oldies and newbies :smile2:

I'm sorry no personals today, there's just so much info here my head's gonna pop (((well you know it doesn't take much for me lol))).

To bad we can't do one big meet up, that would be awesome!!!! You know. ... like at Pat's house :P

Still struggling with wl ... actually weight gain uggggh. So in a nutshell nothing is new, sosdd. Still fighting the thought of another fill.

Got a busy day, karate (dd), a visit to FIL...haven't seen him since his stroke 2 weeks ago...poor old thing. Then we are going to the honda dealer that I said we were going to last week LOL...gonna check out the pilot. Then if the night time storm doesn't hit us to early, we'll take a swim.

How are all you chickies doing? I so wish I had more time to be here :thumbup:

Hello Y'all!

I have been cleaning house and making some strawberry dessert.

We are going to a big crawfish boil today and it's going to be so much fun. I love crawfish and my db makes the best I ever had. I can't wait. I am going to stuff myself! Not many calories in the crawfish, so I guess I can have a few cocktails too! lol

Well, got to jump in the shower and get dressed to go, just wanted to say hello to y'all and see what was new.

Later!

Hi Gang!

Working has been nuts. Talking about the Lap-Band ALL day long is great and I love helping people and giving them help for themselves but it is hard to then come home and even loov at the word Lap-Band!

So I know it's a poor excuse, but I just veg at night.

I do miss you all and will try to peak in durning the day and say hi.

Hope your all doing good. I got a fill this past Monday and I can really feel it. I want to get to my goal by Nov 08 20 more pounds! The only major concern I have is my thyroid surgery the end of August. My understanding is that the thyroid medication takes a while to get adjusted and there could be weight gain! So I guess I need to kick butt before then. I am going to get a conplete unfil a few days before the surgery in case I have another bad reaction to anatesia.

Have a good SAturday! Hugs to all!

Good Morning,

Diannie bannanie good to see ya girlie. I understand about not posting alot, its hard when your day is packed and your on the pc alot or in your case talking about the LB all day. I never turn the pc on when I get home, its the last thing I want to look at lol. Good luck on your surgery sweetie... you've been through so much :frown: Let us know when your home ... k.

Hi Girlies... nothing new, sosdd. Never made it to the honda dealer yesterday, the day got so busy and before we knew it, poof it was 7 pm. They are closed today so it'll have to be next week. *evil grin*

Had some horrible storms last night...you would think it was august here in jersey for crying out loud.

Happy Fathers day..... any fathers here?? ROflMfAO!! is there something your not telling us lol. Okay... i gotta go make dh some Breakfast....its the least I can do right lol.

Have a great day lovies.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you father's out there!!!! :biggrin2:

AND.........

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you mother's out there (there wouldn't BE a father's day without ya!) :frown:

Eileenie, you know I'm willing :smile:, on the ocean or on the river, either one's fine with me.

Diane, when I got home yesterday, my pool had dropped below the first step and below the skimmer, it was sucking in air instead of Water, I can't believe the motor on the pool sweet and the filter didn't burn up, that would have been a very costly few days out of town.

Our storms were short lived last night, not enough rain for sure.

Betty, have a cocktail for me too. I have to share this embarrassing story, yesterday, before we headed back from our beach house, we stopped to visit a friend, so I was fixing me a screwdriver, and all she had was one of those little bottles of pineapple/oj, so I shook it a little, loosened the top, poured in the vodka, went to shake the bottle again....OMG, that sticky chit went all over my face, my shirt, my bra, her fridge, floor, dishwasher, cabinets, and walls. I was soooo upset, well at least she got her floors hand washed and everything else wiped down. Old age is a bitch, LOL. Needless to say, after that I didn't want the dm thing.

Hey Chrispy, I see ya peepin in.

So Donna, when you going to come join us girlies?

Sherry, you're such a busy lady, slowwwww down.

Mandy, how's it skootin?

Jetti, done packing yet?

Trish, like Jetti said, I think she said it, walking really does help with the gas matters.

Happy Fathers day to all you mothers out there :frown:.

Hugs

Thank you, Pat, I'm here!

I am an original Jersey girl. I was born in Trenton, grew up in Ewing, and then lived in Lawrenceville for over 20 years before moving to VA. I miss the Jersey food, especially pizza and hoagies. LOL I guess that's what has gotten me into this mess!

I will be banded in 10 more days and I am trying to stay on the preop diet. Tomorrow I have my preadmission tests, and Tuesday is the nutrition class and pre op dr.s appt. I can't wait to be banded.

Pat your pics are fabulous! You look like a different person; too young to be a grandmother! Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to sharing with all of you and thanks for any candid advice you can give me. Donna

Hey there Donna! When I posted to you yesterday I didn't realize: dj ~ Donna...one in the same!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Isn't Pat a sweetie?! Thanks to Pat my DH actually started to relax about my desire to have LB surgery!!!!

Good Afternoon Y'all!

The crawfish boil was great! It was so good, I kept wishing I could eat more. We met a few new people and they were really nice.

Pat - I had a cocktail for you missy, but I didn't spill mine or throw it away! roflmao! I something similar once, only I was at dinner with 8 other couples, and I had a strawberry drink in front of me. My had hit it and it went all over me from head to foot. I had on a white blouse and you should have seen me. I was so embarrased to walk out of that place.

Donna - Welcome to LBT and to our thread. Good luck with your pre-op, if you have any questions, we'll be happy to help you.

Dianne - I understand about the computers, after working on them all day the last thing I want to do is get back on one. Glad you stopped and said hi though.

I am getting ready to go out for a swim, I have been working all morning and now I was a little r&r before starting dinner. I'm still doing laundry!

Everyone have a great "Father's day".