Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples, I am a Minnesota girl, too. Actually born in Kentucky, but raised mostly in MN, north of Duluth. Where are you from? I've been missing the beautiful fall colors along Lake Superior...

I bet you do miss the beautiful colors from up north. I love the Duluth area. We used to take our sons camping up there and always stayed at resorts along the shore of Lake Superior. They loved those trips even more than Disney World.

I am from the Alexandria area. Leaves are just starting to turn colors. Fall is my favorite time of year. We farm and I do really love harvest. Love the smell for corn drying in the dryer.

I just noticed that you are not banded yet. What stage are you at? You are going to love it. It's an adjustment at first but not bad. The only foods I crave are the ones that I can have. Not sure how that worked for me but I miss nothing. I feel so lucky to have been able to get the band. I wouldn't trade my life now for what it was a year ago. My health is sooooooo much better, I have way too much energy and I actually sleep at night again. Life is good!:lol:

70!!!!!!!

I actually hit it this morning!! Never in my life have I hit the 70 lbs gone mark, I got to 60 twice and somewhere in the 60's but 70 was always elusive to me and never did I keep it off. I'm loving my band! I don't know but I just might make my mini goal of 75 by Halloween (not my final goal).

I bet you do miss the beautiful colors from up north. I love the Duluth area. We used to take our sons camping up there and always stayed at resorts along the shore of Lake Superior. They loved those trips even more than Disney World.

I am from the Alexandria area. Leaves are just starting to turn colors. Fall is my favorite time of year. We farm and I do really love harvest. Love the smell for corn drying in the dryer.

I just noticed that you are not banded yet. What stage are you at? You are going to love it. It's an adjustment at first but not bad. The only foods I crave are the ones that I can have. Not sure how that worked for me but I miss nothing. I feel so lucky to have been able to get the band. I wouldn't trade my life now for what it was a year ago. My health is sooooooo much better, I have way too much energy and I actually sleep at night again. Life is good!:lol:

Actually I have my date set for December 4th. I'm a Medicare patient and working with a very busy surgical facility. Between the requirements of Medicare and the patient load at the facility, it has taken some time to get to this point. I was pretty impatient at first, but over the months I have learned so much and feel so much better prepared than I was in the early summer - it's probably been a good thing for me. Now that I have a date I go back and forth between excitement and hesitation. Today I am excited! Talking with the successful banded people on this site helps so much! Thank you for your words of encouragement.

So sorry that I haven't been around. I've had so much family here the last few weeks that I haven't had a minute for myself. I promise to give myself the gift of getting here today and reading all the posts I missed.

My weight's pretty much the same and I feel little to no restriction. I tried to get an earlier fill, but they couldn't fit me in, which really upsets me. This surgery cost a fortune and I do expect a bit more personal attention. (even if my insurance did cover it!) Two months between fills, beause my doctor's got a conference makes me feel abandoned.

At least my weight is the same, but that's not good enough. I think I'll try the Dr.'s office again. There's a whole team of doctors there. And I defiitely need a fill. I did have one majore success story. Although my weight didn't change, I tried on a suit that I had in my closet. I wore it a few weeks ago, but couldn't button it. Tuesday I was able to button it, with its even pulling! Wish the scale would change though.

Talk to you all soon.

Love,

Ellen

70!!!!!!!

I actually hit it this morning!! Never in my life have I hit the 70 lbs gone mark, I got to 60 twice and somewhere in the 60's but 70 was always elusive to me and never did I keep it off. I'm loving my band! I don't know but I just might make my mini goal of 75 by Halloween (not my final goal).

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Way to go, Lori! This is gone forever, baby, NEVER COMING BACK!

Hi everyone, hope this finds you all doing well. I haven't been online much due to we found out we were expecting our second child. Well, we lost the baby the other night, and I will start to get back on my weight loss journey next week. Just taking a few days to rest and get better. I was wondering why I wasn't losing weight a few months ago.... Gotta run for now, but hope to be able to check in every day again.

Gail

Hi everyone, hope this finds you all doing well. I haven't been online much due to we found out we were expecting our second child. Well, we lost the baby the other night, and I will start to get back on my weight loss journey next week. Just taking a few days to rest and get better. I was wondering why I wasn't losing weight a few months ago.... Gotta run for now, but hope to be able to check in every day again.

Gail

Gail, I am so sorry for your loss. Please take your time and be kind to yourself. You need time to rest and heal.

Hi today to all!! Gail so sorry for your unfortunate loss. Many prayers and hugs coming your way. Long, you are doing sooo well. You were banded just before me by two weeks. Today you Celebrate 70 lbs gone and today I Celebrate 40 gone:biggrin::):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:YES, YES, YES:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.I am thrilled with my 40 and can't wait for 70. When I get a fill I hope to loose more weight. Wheres Janet? See Janet, how much you keep all of us going. We are all keeping each other going. Apples, I started at 247 so we are close at beginning weights. Well I will write more later when I get home.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:40-40-40-40-40-40-40-40-40-40-40 GONE FOREVER:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Beckyo:wink_smile:

Apples 2, go on and BRAG!!! You deserve it and I would be too if I was a size 8 .. almost a 6. I'm just beginng and was banded on 9/24, but have lost 12 lbs. in 9 days and am already bragging about that! Glad I found LBT, I love reading all the success stories and reading your story just gives me inspiration!

Edited by newlife131

Apples 2, go on and BRAG!!! You deserve it and I would be too if I was a size 8 .. almost a 6. I'm just beginng and was banded on 9/24, but have lost 12 lbs. in 9 days and am already bragging about that! Glad I found LBT, I love reading all the success stories and reading your story just gives me inspiration!

Thanks newlife...so sweet. You should be proud of your loss after just a little over a week. You will find along this road that is not always the scale that gives you the boost to keep going. Going through closets and discarding too large clothes, comments people make, being able to roll over in bed without trying for five minutes, etc. But what makes me most happy is how I feel physically. I have more energy than two people half my age. Even with going through surgery this past Tuesday, I have been up and around doing things in the house (carefully) the entire time. I am sore but I have energy. If I would have had this surgery a year ago it would have taken me weeks to heal.

Good luck to you. You are off to a great start!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I posted this morning - don't know where it went :thumbup:

This is always the 1st thread I ck in the morning and infact today it's been the only one.. Super busy at work - but I am pissed at my boss right now he is SO FRIGGIN STUPID:cursing:

Gail - Oh my babygirl so so very sorry :) How are you doing :biggrin:

Lori - Congrats on your 70 lbs - You are doing just so fantastic !!!!

Becky - Congrats on your 40 lbs - Way to go girl !!!!

Ellen - Yep bitch at that doc !!! But how great that the body is changing even if the scale isn't - that does happen alot - did you take your measurements before surgery???

Apple - so you only had 4 lbs to go before you hit your 100 when you got banded?? We are going to have to watch out for you girl - you are going to be anorixic now that you are banded :w00t: - Just kidding our bands are our tools to help us keep the weight off ...

Well this is a lot shorter verison - I don't even remember what I wrote this morning :thumbup:

Ok even though I a piss - I got work to do - so cb tonite -

Hugs Ladies and you are all doing so very great... I am proud of you all....

Janet...misunderstanding...I started 6 mo pre-op diet Nov, 2007, dropped a little over 50# on that diet, was banded June 17, 2008. On Tuesday of this week I had 4# to get to my goal of 100# lost. I had surgery on Tuesday and when I got home, I had gained 7#. My stomach is quite swollen so I am sure that extra weight will come off within the next few weeks.

No worries about me being anorexic. I am one the likes to get all three meals in, I pay attention to nutrition and love feeling healthy.