Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Greetings: I think I can clear up a misconception on this board. The band you have put in comes in different sizes(length) that are in centimeters (cm). I have a 10cm band that holds 4 cc of Fluid. My Dr. said the actual length of the band depends on how large your stomach is when he gets in the abdomin and has a chance to actually visualize your stomach. The longer the band is that they put in obviously will take more Fluid to fill it. I hope this information helps as there seems to be some confusion as to why some people get larger fills then others. I'll never have more than 4 cc's in my band.

Susan

Ok - I have a large a/p band and I have 5 in mine - I don't know if it's 14 10 or 4

But mostly we were talking about how some doc's only give 1/2 cc at a time and they have no restriction - it also has to do with the fat around your stomach - and as you lose weight the band has to be re-adjusted..

I'll ask my doc how much mine holds..

Hi Janet

I'm sure we are distant relatives - I agree with your posts so much, I almost feel I wrote them myself! :girl_hug:

How are you anyway? I had another good day - no loss yet, though I KNOW I shouldn't get on the $£$!&& scales every morning, but it sort of keeps me motivated. I know I shouldn't expect too much, as I have already lost 9lbs this month, but its so NICE to see it falling off!

I did feel hungrier, but it was head hunger, so I beat it with a stick and saw it off.

I ate proper food tonight - lean mince (or should I say lean ground beef!) and veggies in a Tomato sauce on the basis of you one pot suggestion, and it was really nice. The cats enjoyed it too when I left my plate on the side to do something. I came back and they both had tomato sauce on their whiskers, so I knew they'd been up to no good!

I am staying up too late reading this site, as I CANNOT get up in the morning, so off I go to bed. Happy slimming and catch up with you soon!

Mx

Oooh - before I go - can I just say that today, someone in my office bought back treats from their holiday, and for the first time in I don't know how long - I didn't have any!! Yay for me!!!! :girl_hug:

Good night Mx

We are like 8 hrs diff right (2 or 3 am - it's 7 pm here in California) - so ya it's late in the UK - get your beauty sleep..

I am fine today, my dinner yesterday was lite - I had fish, corn on the cob and wild rice - ate the fish - then the corn (too fast) guess what happend :) - so I didn't finish it or my rice - Had a little orange sherbert 110 c 1/2 cup and called it a nite..

Today BF Fiberone bar and almonds - lunch - 1 pot wonder like your dinner made with mince (i like that term :blink:) a Protein Bar this afternoon (wanted something sweet) gym (1 hr weights) and now home - Dinner scallops & shrimp - don't know how I am going to fix it yet..

Congrats on your 9 lbs - that's great :smile: I know that you are feeling really good about yourself and your accomplishments.. See what you can do once you put your mind to it.

My Trainer tonite is telling me to go to 135 - I don't know - I have sorta been aiming for 140 (142 presntly) I just don't know - Heck if I had a little Lipo and plastic surgery - I would most likely be 135.. So right now I am working on getting to 140 and to maintain between 140 - 145 - heck I can't afford to buy anymore clothes :confused:

Janet you go for it! Take everything you can get. I know I have a size 10 band so I don't know how much mine holds. If she is right then only 4cc. Today was a better day for me. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and skim milk B, L was 3oz canned chicken, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 snack size sugar free mandarin oranges. It was good. Supper was one chicken breast, large fresh Tomato all cut up. Tonight it was plenty:embaressed_smile:. Went and took a 2.4 mile walk. I went to the mall for a while tonight. I don't know. I am loosing and also inches. Am glad for what I got but it does take alot of work. I just have to be patient. Am glad to hear everyone is doing well tonight.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Janet you go for it! Take everything you can get. I know I have a size 10 band so I don't know how much mine holds. If she is right then only 4cc. Today was a better day for me. unjury and skim milk B, L was 3oz canned chicken, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 snack size sugar free mandarin oranges. It was good. Supper was one chicken breast, large fresh Tomato all cut up. Tonight it was plenty:embaressed_smile:. Went and took a 2.4 mile walk. I went to the mall for a while tonight. I don't know. I am loosing and also inches. Am glad for what I got but it does take alot of work. I just have to be patient. Am glad to hear everyone is doing well tonight.

Hey Becky - I don't know about the 4 cc in the band - but since I don't know - I can't dispute it... - But what I do know is that pple who have 4cm band can have more than 4 cc of fill - I read that all the time..

Your restriction sounds pretty good - you are eat about 1 1/2 cup per meal - not bad - I have alway been able to eat minimum 1 cup per meal and sometimes more - and I lost 100 lbs in 1 yr on that amount -

The combination of healthy eating - exercise and Portion Control = Sucess

thank you Janet for your constant support. I don't know what I would do without this web site. It really helps me also and I know it helps everyone else to talk about this alot.

Beckyo

Good evening. I had a great visit with my surgeon today. He was so impressed with my progress, in 5 lbs I will have lost 50% of my excess body weight. he said that is the average after a year. But who wants to be average? I want to be above average like our Janet!! I did get a fill of 1cc, it was my 5th fill since banding in June plus the prefill I got. So I got a lot in there, I was worried with the 1cc today thinking it would be too much but feels no different drinking Water. I had refried Beans for dinner and they went down fine as well just not very many. Tomorrow I get to add solids back in so that will be the real test. I leave late tomorrow for a weekend in Colorado springs so hope it's good, I don't want to be too filled and have troubles there, if so I will stop on the way for a slight unfill. I go back in 8 weeks for another gall bladder follow up. I was shocked as the gal scheduled it the week before Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe it's that close.

Janet you go for it! Take everything you can get. I know I have a size 10 band so I don't know how much mine holds. If she is right then only 4cc. Today was a better day for me. unjury and skim milk B, L was 3oz canned chicken, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 snack size sugar free mandarin oranges. It was good. Supper was one chicken breast, large fresh Tomato all cut up. Tonight it was plenty:embaressed_smile:. Went and took a 2.4 mile walk. I went to the mall for a while tonight. I don't know. I am loosing and also inches. Am glad for what I got but it does take alot of work. I just have to be patient. Am glad to hear everyone is doing well tonight.

Bochs, I had my 2nd fill Tuesday, the Dr. told me I have 6.25 cc's in my 10 cc band.

Janet, I am just checking in. I slimed yesterday on tuna. I guess i have more restriction than I thought. I haven't been able to walk because the mosquitos here (caused by Ike) are HUGE. I think they will be a problem until the trucks come around and pick up all the carpet, limbs, and fences laying out at the street. Curves just got their power back ....so no excuses....I need to get down there and exercise. I have a personal goal of losing 10lbs by the 28th of the month. It will be close.

Congrats on the commercial. Did you make it yet?

Long....congrats on helpling at the bariatric seminars. You will be an inspiration.

Good Morning Ladies !!!!

Becky

Yes this site is the best - It's wonderful to be able to talk about our struggles and victories with each other - No one understands a fat chick like another fat chick. We get each other... Like I have said before we are all diff but we are really more alike than we think..

Lori

:D - Yep I want to be the very best that I can be - I don't want to settle anymore - we have done that for much of our lives - we thought it was too hard to achieve our goals that they were out of our reach. But with the help of the band they no longer are. We aren't lazy, we aren't disciplined - We are strong women - We now have the tool that we depressively needed in order to be the best that we can be...

If I could I would love to be a bariatric coordinator - This is my passion now. But alas - I gotta make $$ and I have no medical training.. So I will do my commercial (10/1) - Talk to my Doc's patients and spout my strong opinion here.

Again - Congrats on your FANTASTIC accomplishments and being asked to assist others in getting their weight off - That's the very best - and you have every reason to be proud !!!

PJ

Thanks for confirming what I thought :D

Charlene

You do have reasons for a couple excuses :blush: You have been through a very difficult time in your own life and your communities too.. But look how you have changed in your thinking :crying: - No more excuses gotta get back on track - Love those kind of changes - You are on the right road even if you have had a few road blocks.

I hit 65 lbs gone forever today!!!!!! I'm 3 lbs away from being half way to my goal. I also asked Dr. Snyder yesterday about a goal weight. Seems everyone at my support groups was given a goal weight by him, I never had one (he probably told me but I was so nervous pre op that I forgot trying to remember so many other details), I'm 5'9 and he said 169 but would be happy with anything under 180 so I am gonna shoot for the 169.

I have tons to do this afternoon, DH & I are leaving in a few hours for Colorado Springs and a marriage retreat. WE will have 30 yrs of marriage next April and have never been on one. I can't believe I got him to go this time and have no idea what to expect. I'll see you all when I get back! Have a great weekend.

Hello: I am not trying to be obnoxious with this band and cc stuff but if your band holds up to 10 ccs of Fluid then you have a larger(longer) band. My band is only about 5.5 inches in length so it will only hold 4 cc of Fluid. I have the lapband in. The other bands may be sized differently that I can't talk to. But, it doesn't make any difference how much your band holds, it's the result you get and you have all certainly gotten great results. Thanks for this website, it has certainly served me well and I love reading everyones stories and successes.

Susan

Janet - help.

I have not lost anything for 5 days. Is this a plateau - or am I overreacting? ( I think I am overreacting, and just want someone to tell me that!):wink2:

I continue to be good with the food (although yesterday I just felt SO hungry), and eating 200 less cals a day on the days I cannot exercise or do any physical activity (this is normally the amount of exercise I would do).

As an NSV - I was also able to fit into a pair of jeans which I bought 3 months ago, but could not make meet in the middle to do up!

I suppose my question is, do you just weigh weekly, or look at your monthly total. If I go on monthly totals, I think 9lbs in one month is fine. Its all a bit fits and starts, and i suppose I am looking for reassurance.

Everyone - please feel free to give your views too - I would really like to understand how this works for different people so that I can educate myself and not lose hope.

I've been here before where things slowed down, so I think, oh..a bar of chocolate can't hurt, because I'm not losing anything anyway... and suddenly its all gone down the pan, and I'm still fat and unhappy.

Hope you can give me some wise words - I think the answer is not to weigh everyday and to review what I did if I do not lose by my next weight in date...:tongue2:

Mx