Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

My highest weight was at the beginning of my pre-op diet, about 2 months before surgery, so that is the weight that I use.

Hahaha-Ellen you've started a big question...seems as if we are all wondering the same thing! :wink2: I made my ticker reflect my total weight lost so far, since my pre-op diet, but I was just thinking if I should've made it go from Banded on.... Well I also put all my details over my ticker. I suppose we could have 2 tickers, now I'm getting wacky! :cursing:

AS to what weight loss to count, I figure you lost it all count it all. In my ticker though I put my highest, then my preop weights. And I almost always say...I've lost 57 lbs but 10 of it was before surgery. I qualify it too.

So far I seem good from my fill yesterday am so worried about getting over filled but he said I'd know if I was. So far doesn't seem much different other than I am burping some??? I had solid Protein for lunch and it went down just fine.

Your doing great on your weight lose. I count all of mine. I think the fill I got yesterday may not be enough, but I didn't want to go back the next day if it was to much. I set up my next three appointments for fills because it is so hard to get in to see the doctor. Maybe they are filming next season. I hope so. I like watching people get a second chance at life. I know this is one for me. What kind of exercise are you doing? I am walking 30 minutes a day and hope to add Curves or Water aerobics next month.:wink2:

Hi Gang...

Bad news - Andrew (GS) got in an car accident yesterday morning (tire tread in the road - could not avoid it - it hit car (left front tire blew) and he lost control and went airborne off the side of the road - thankfully the car didn't roll) He has a fractured vertabrate (sp?) and burise disk (growth plates?? don;t know if they are one in the same). I was at the hospital from 8 a.m to 8:30 p.m yesterday. They did catscan - x rays - mri - great treatment - he was fitted with a brace that he has to wear and we have to see a pediatric ortho or nurosurgen...

I am suppose to be on vacation next week - but since I wasn't here at work yesterday will have to come in on Monday to make up my time so I gotta get my butt in gear and see what's on my desk - I will cbl today if not tonite.. But wanted you all to know what's up and need your prayers and good thought for a speedy/safe not permanent damage to his spine)

Ok - I promise to cbl - I still gotta call the insurance - I haven't seen the car - it's in Banning (30-40 miles away) but really don't give a crap about it all I care about is Andrew.

Hugs.. Janet

Hi Gang...

Bad news - Andrew (GS) got in an car accident yesterday morning (tire tread in the road - could not avoid it - it hit car (left front tire blew) and he lost control and went airborne off the side of the road - thankfully the car didn't roll) He has a fractured vertabrate (sp?) and burise disk (growth plates?? don;t know if they are one in the same). I was at the hospital from 8 a.m to 8:30 p.m yesterday. They did catscan - x rays - mri - great treatment - he was fitted with a brace that he has to wear and we have to see a pediatric ortho or nurosurgen...

I am suppose to be on vacation next week - but since I wasn't here at work yesterday will have to come in on Monday to make up my time so I gotta get my butt in gear and see what's on my desk - I will cbl today if not tonite.. But wanted you all to know what's up and need your prayers and good thought for a speedy/safe not permanent damage to his spine)

Ok - I promise to cbl - I still gotta call the insurance - I haven't seen the car - it's in Banning (30-40 miles away) but really don't give a crap about it all I care about is Andrew.

Hugs.. Janet[/quote

I am praying right now for you and Andrew.

Take care!

Janet, you and Andrew are in my prayers. Thank goodness he has received good immediate care. That is so important to future treatment and eventual healing. Take care...

Your doing great on your weight lose. I count all of mine. I think the fill I got yesterday may not be enough, but I didn't want to go back the next day if it was to much. I set up my next three appointments for fills because it is so hard to get in to see the doctor. Maybe they are filming next season. I hope so. I like watching people get a second chance at life. I know this is one for me. What kind of exercise are you doing? I am walking 30 minutes a day and hope to add Curves or Water aerobics next month.:wink2:

My first fill was enough for about a week then it wasn't anymore. I'm noticing a little difference in this my 3rd fill. I might see about a 4th in 2 weeks, they won't give them sooner than that. For exercise right now very little. I was biking, going to the gym and/or walking. Since g/b surgery I've done light walking and some stationary bike but not enough. That is my goal for next week to up it now that I am feeling better.

Hi Gang...

Hugs.. Janet

Oh, Janet, how scary. I just said a prayer for Andrew. PTL it wasn't more serious than that and the car didnt' roll, etc.

Dear Janet,

I'm praying for you and Andrew. What a scary thing to happen? Thank heaven he made it through the accident. There are so many people sending out good thoughts that good things have to come back to you.

Love,

Ellen

Did anyone else find that their skin broke out after banding? It's been a month and one side of my face looks a little acne-ish. I'm 62, too old for this! My blood sugar's good, so it's not that! OK! I'm stumped! HELP!

By the way, what are they using for that today? I went and bought some new make-up for sensitive skin. It's not the best, but I just want something to tide me over.

Also, when you first started eating solid food, did you have discomfort around the band site? I'm not eating too much, or at least nothing's coming up on me. But once in awhile, even with "wet solids" I experience "discomfort" in my mid-section.

Last question for the moment: I take Vitamins with Biotin, Calcium citrate and have a little bit more balanced diet right now, but my hair is getting very dry and brittle. My doctor told me to find a Shampoo with selenium in it, like Head and Shoulders, even if I don't have dandruff. Am I not hydrated enough? Should I be taking in more oil/fat?

Thanks for the advice.

Love,

Ellen

Ellen, have you had your thyroid checked recently? I'm hypothyroid, and when my synthroid is off balance and I become hyperthyroid my hair becomes dry and brittle and I can have skin issues. I don't know if your weight loss can affect the thyroid the way it does blood pressure, blood sugar, etc., but worth a question?

Hugs,

Did anyone else find that their skin broke out after banding? It's been a month and one side of my face looks a little acne-ish. I'm 62, too old for this! My blood sugar's good, so it's not that! OK! I'm stumped! HELP!

By the way, what are they using for that today? I went and bought some new make-up for sensitive skin. It's not the best, but I just want something to tide me over.

Also, when you first started eating solid food, did you have discomfort around the band site? I'm not eating too much, or at least nothing's coming up on me. But once in awhile, even with "wet solids" I experience "discomfort" in my mid-section.

Last question for the moment: I take Vitamins with Biotin, calcium citrate and have a little bit more balanced diet right now, but my hair is getting very dry and brittle. My doctor told me to find a Shampoo with selenium in it, like Head and Shoulders, even if I don't have dandruff. Am I not hydrated enough? Should I be taking in more oil/fat?

Thanks for the advice.

Love,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I had hair issues a few weeks ago. I started taking the 1000 strength Biotin, I got it at Walmart and it seems to have helped some. I think there is also some biotin in my multi but I take this in addition. I've not heard about that shampoo but the nurse told me I could use rogain shampoo or some by Pantene, haven't tried that yet though since it seems better. Also, as a bonus my nails are the best they've been in years!

The discomfort you are feeling is normal, I considered that my full feeling. It was a different full feeling than I was used to. However, I notice I dont' get that as often anymore. since fills when I get the discomfort it hurts much more and it's usually something stuck. It's almost always happened when I am not being real mindful of what I am putting in my mouth, like at a party and too busy talking and not watching my bites.

No help on the breakouts, sorry.

On a side note, I got an email from my friend in Sacramento that flew down for the first, last, and one other Dr. Phil show with me. She's had bypass surgery and doing well.

Hey girls quick reply while I am printing a policy :0)

hair issues - try and increase your fats - that's what my hair dresser says - I am lucky I didn't loose any and I have fine thin hair.

Ellen - yep I get that feeling too - you are tight and some times after the 1st few bite it goes away... I get it mostly from eating too fast

My skin is pretty good no pimples and I use to get them... just buy stuff that's non-comodgent (sp)..

Ok I gotta get back to work

Thanks for all your prayers - good thoughts - hugs & love - Just another one of those life hurrdles God likes to throw our way everynow and then :biggrin2:

Janet, I hope all is well with Andrew and that he has a speedy full recovery.

Diddo. So sorry, Janet. My best wishes are with you and your family. Thanks for being there for us! You are an inspiration. Take care of yourself.

Hello Janet (and all) -

New here - doing a LOT of reading and will post the many questions that are popping into my brain later.

Right now, I just wanted to say that even tho I don't know you Janet, your grandson is in my prayers. Please keep us all posted.

If all goes well (insurance, etc.) this will be my new late night hangout! I'll be in touch!!