Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Apples

One day, So sorry to hear about the stress but your really just exchanging one for another. In the end you have a great opportunity to find a job you really love.

Yesterday was a long boring orientation into the nursing program. In the end I ended up with a good schedule. I only need a sitter for 2 hours a week. My Dad and his girlfriend are gonna take care of it and I told them I will be paying them. So much info to keep track of yesterday. I hope I haven't forgotten something. Had 10 emails today from the nursing tutor to help keep me on track. They also explained how busy we would be because this is an accelerated program. It is 2 years of education done in 16 months. We got a small loan for my books. I will be able to get them tommorrow. I am trying to get them second hand and then when I do get my scholarship money I plan to buy the electronic version of them. My MIL gave me an more up-to-date printer today. So I will be able to print out more quickly.

My son had a great day yesterday. My Dad's girlfreind babysat and they had a great time. My Dad actually came home from work at lunch to eat with him and then ended up leaving work early to play with him. I will be so happy to see them two have a relationship. I told my Dad we would be having a birthday party at the beach and he offered to have it at his house and to cook smoked chicken. I love my Dad's smoked meat. So that is planned. I will probably get sides from Walmart. I know I should cook some but I am going to be soo busy with school.

Tommorrow is another busy day for me. I will be getting my books and starting my reading and some online tutoring sessions.

Also did some more 5k training today. I read this quote yesterday. "If we did everything we actually could do we would astound ourselves." Thats how I feel about the 5k. each day I complete I just stand in the shower thinking "I just ran". Gotta tighten up my eatting habits.

Kurby, Doc wanted me to start excercising 15 min a day from day one. The pool will be great as long as your incisions are healed. I had to wait 6 weeks to get in the pool though. The best thing for the pain is to move. Your muscles movement will kinda "milk" the gas out. Keep talking to us though. As long as I am posting with these ladies regularly I do well.

Okay so I had a weird thing happen at dinner tonight. DH & I just went to Panda Express as it was next to Jiffy Lube where we were getting the oil changed and inspections on the car so we can get UT plates for it. Anyhoo, I had a piece of chicken breast meat which I don't handle well. I felt it get sortta stuck and I did what I should know better than to do and took a sip of DH's diet coke. Bad Idea! Now I had to PB very shall we say urgently. So off to the restroom I went. Get to the stall and I sortta cough and, excuse me, burp at the same time. Not only did I PB via the usual outlet as in the mouth, but my also felt it in my nose! You know like the milk in the nose thing when you were kids. OMG! And it burned. What the heck???? Thought you would get a kick out of it. I just can not do chicken breast and I know diet coke for some reason I thought this time it would wash it down. DUH!! So even veterans make big time mistakes!

Jessica, how exciting school is going to be for you, demanding, busy yes, but oh so rewarding too.

Laura, my opinion (and I know you didn't ask) but let Nels ride that bus the first day. He will be in the same boat (or shall I say bus) as everyone else. They will all be new, the driver will be all the more aware that they are new and instructive. If he gets a ride and then one day has to ride the bus, he is going to be lost and all the other kids will know what they are doing and he's going to feel out of place. This way he gets to bond with the other kids from day one, get his seat or seatmate if they do assigned seats, etc. It is going to be so hard on you to see him ride off on that bus, take plenty of tissues. Like Apples said, i would take one of those days back to relive in an instant though. Not to panic you, but once they start school time goes so fast. Cherish every day. The volunteer work sounds wonderful and oh so rewarding. And who knows maybe that will turn into the perfect part time work some place via some sort of networking, etc. I'd be picky on my hours too. One of the main reasons I'm not working now. We don't have to have the income, though extra money is always nice, but I don't want to work nights or weekends and want to take my little trips and jaunts with DH, if the right thing comes along and fits my narrow schedule, great, if not so be it.

Julie, bummer that the pain kicked in right when you were visiting Phyl. How are you able to drive when it hits and on the pain pills? Glad you made it home safe.

Phyl, I don't think you'll drive through Wausau, WI but if you see signs for it, think of me, that's where I originally am from.

Apples, yep meatballs, might have to make that a pouch test too, they were very small meatballs at that and only a buck.

Gwen, have a wonderful trip, hope you are able to get around okay on your knees.

Phyl, hope today is much better -- hope Earl takes a chill pill and gets in a better mood. Hope your pain gets better too - it's got to be miserable to be traveling with that much discomfort. Linda
Phyl, hugs for pain in your leg and with DH. Hope you and Julie get to meet up. LauraK
Hi guys~ I am home!!!!!! Yeah : ) DH picked us up at the airport yesterday and then had to run back to work. : ( But such is life. It's so good to be home.... but miss my folks a bunch. I PB'd 2 nights ago and have been super uber tight. I am on liquids only trying to get that to calm down. (flying in small planes always does it too). ughhh. On the good side, I lost 4 lbs! BUT... I didn't drink ANY Water yesterday b/c flying 3 hrs without a potty. So weight might be back up as soon as I am hydrated..LOL. I will catch up on posts soon... I hope. School starts next Monday... OMG... my baby starts first grade! Friday is orientation...OMW... I am hyperventilating! Hope all is ok. Miss you guys. Apples, are you there? Hugs to all my peeps. peasout.. Laura

Glad you had a good visit with your folks, and super birthday celebration with your Mom!!

Always enjoy your pics!!

Janet... accidentally erased your post so don't know what I was going to respond to!! LOL! But... Earl was very apologetic and remorseful this morning, about his behavior yesterday!! Yeah! He was a real jerk!! Everything so much better today.

QUOTE=Mrs. Bubba;1511186]I just talked to Phyll on the phone.... they are about 200 miles away from Bismarck..... they are having a bad time and Phyll isn't feeling any better..... I will go to Bismarck to meet them... not a problem at all.....

Well, the posts since I last read have been a little more upbeat.... that's good to hear... Hope all are doing fine... I am waiting to hear from Apples, too... We need to know how she is.... She is just like that old watch commercial..... she takes a licking and goes on ticking........ Gosh I hope this is the end of her woes....

I must now go rethink my day.... had planned on Phyll being here later, so put supper in the crock pot... DH will have plenty to chew on for a few days.....Take care girls.... Be back later with a report on our meeting.... Julie

Probably messed up passing up that crock pot dinner!! Should have planned to just go to their place and park! But yesterday was so stressful, and Earl had a lot of things to deal with today, too... mostly DirecTV setup. So... he couldn't deal with too much until it was resolved. And tired after a long day of driving! This place cost us $44!! Pretty high for RV park!!

But... very nice visit with Julie while DH was working on the satellite setup! Finally got it all worked out and now he is a happy camper! He was having Fox News withdrawal! Now we have our east and west coast feeds all set up so we can record news, etc. And he fixed us a delicious spaghetti dinner in about 20 minutes!

Julie - have a nice visit with Phyl and give her hugs re: her pain. And a chill pill for hubby. Cool and rainy here today - a nice relief. Daughter is in out -patient therapy now. Praying for some improvement after 4 years of none.

Yeah, he was dealing with the frustrations much better today. He knew he pushed me to the limit yesterday!!

good afternoon all. i'm 5 days post op and starting to feel better. my post op care coordinator did call me back and now i'm confused about other things.

she did tell me that i could swim this weekend as long as my cuts were healed over which they are now. but she said "oh good thing you didn't have a hernia". this is the confusing thing. i received a paper that stated that i did indeed have one and that he repaired a med. size one. but her info in the computer states i didn't have one. did i receive someone else's paper work? when she told me i have 7cc's is that correct or do i have 4 or 5?? i don't like the mix up in information and i don't know how i can know if i did have the hernia or not is the dr really going to remember 4 days later what he did? how do i know if i really have 7cc's? agrrrr -

Pretty frustrating stuff!! And annoying! Hope they give you some right answers soon!!

Phyl, enjoy your visit with Julie today, wish I was there too! Hope Earl is in a better mood today. What is dry camping?? Doesn't sound like too rough of camping if you have Directv. LOL

Jodi, did you have Directv in your tent? LOL Glad you had a good time. A tent isn't too bad once in a while, get back to nature and all. I find it refreshing and I enjoy the comforts of home all the more when I am back. Nothing like a campfire and smores of course.

Well gals, just booked another adventure. Finally I am getting the benefits I was promised in this move in all the travel! I'm loving it! We are going to Maine over Columbus day to hopefully see the leaves. DH won a 3 nights stay at a La Quinta and $75 off a car, we are taking his parents with us. I just love Maine, I can taste the lobster already!

Dry camping... no hook ups.. no electric, sewer, water... no nothing... just use your generator and suck it up!!

I remembered what I was going to tell you... DD#1, SIL, grandkids and their "significant others" flying to Hawaii on Saturday for a week and I think they are going to Maui too!

DirecTV would not set up last night and had to move to overflow space today to get a satellite signal! Julie got to experience the setup!! It is working now... two receivers working, east and west coast feeds. Happy day! No more Fox News withdrawal for DH!!! Hooray!! Yes... we are really "roughing it" in our RV!! HAHAHAHA!! Just ask Julie how tough it is! She had to tolerate me playing with my puppy, who was needing to release some serious pent up energy!! Had to throw her toys down the hall over and over and over and over!! Now she is outside for a walk with DH.

Oh how I've missed my girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to thank you all for the support I reiceive from each and every one of you. DH and I were so touched by the cards that were sent, the calls that were made. Just the love and caring means so much to me.

Received a call from Julie a bit ago. She was on her way to meet Phyll and DH in Bismark. I am hoping it works for me to meet up with Phyll and her hubby sometime tomorrow. Will just wait to see what their plan is and go from there.

I FINALLY got the results from my MRI. Long story that goes with it and will not bore you at this time. No tendon damage (good thing). Muscle damage from flinging the 8lb gal of milk that was in my hand when I hit the door jamb. The extreme pain and swelling and redness have subsided and things are really quite manageable. Results are being sent to a qualified dr. and I will go from there on what the plan of action will be. The new splint that also stabilizes my thumb are doing the trick in keeping things in place. There are much worse injuries or pain that are dealt with by others but it was just so darned frustrating to not get the medical attention I requested and needed. Waited Tues thru Mon to get MRI results. Ended up doing a nice long visit with clinic/hospital admin yesterday. Didn't want someone else ending up with the same shabby treatment. She admitted that they definitely dropped the ball and was concerned I would file a complaint. I did my work by reporting it to her and she can take it from there. I'll post more about it if I have time later.

Well, glad you got some answers as to what was going on with your arm!! looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Oh Apples, so good to see that green font! Glad you are on the mend. Anxious to hear the story on the MRI and glad you are going some place else more qualified. Does it hurt to type?

A friend called and wants to go to lunch tomorrow and asked if I minded if we just went to McD's as her budget was tight. Do I mind? LOL Time for nuggets! LOL I went to lunch with a different friend yesterday just to Ikea as she had some things to return there. I heard their Swedish meatballs were yummy, I got the childs size portion which was 5 meatballs, that was perfect. Didn't seem fair though as I ate my 5 meager meatballs (and was satisfied) she had the regular portion which was about 12 plus mashed taters, she has always been normal weight and I have to eat that little to stay normal weight.

You and your nuggets!!! LOL

OK...a little more time to post. Not sure how long it will be as I have two hands this week but pretty cumbersome on the one.

Phyll...sorry to hear that you are still in pain with that darned back. Take care and hope that when you get to your destination you will get the care you need.

Hope you are having a great visit with Julie. Alexandria is on the interstate and if there is an alternative stop that your DH is thinking about, I can travel farther to meet you. But, want it all to work for you and not get your DH further into a snit over stopping. Sauk Centre is 30 minutes further than the Alexandria stop. Just let me know what works for you. I do have my cell on me and just give me a ring when you know.

Julie...hope you are enjoying your road trip to see Phyll. Thanks for the call today and for checking with Phyll on tomorrow. Happy to hear that you are working with your pain doc and that you are willing to let go of your sh_tty doc. Sometimes it's best just to leave them in your dust. And, sometimes it's fun to just kick up as much dust as you can on the way out!

Well..I'm a little brain dead and know I am missing someone. Not intentional. Have kept my weight even with all the turmoil in our lives lately. Was not easy to live without an appetite the days I was dealing with the wrist and arm pain but I force-fed and made sure to get what I needed. Again, I appreciate you all!

Lets get one thing straight here... LOL!! I AM IN CHARGE of navigation!! That's what got me in to all that trouble yesterday. I did my very best and it wasn't good enough! If I am in charge of navigation, then DH gets to blame any snafus on ME!! What a deal!

tomorrow.So.... I planned to stop at some place called Sinclair City park or some such thing. But when Julie told me you were going to be in Alexandria tomorrow, I plugged it in to my MS Streets & Trips and found out it is exactly 297 miles from where we are here in Bismarck! After yesterdays fiasco... I made up my mind we are going NO FURTHER THAN 300 MILES A DAY. sO.. aLEXANDRIA IS PERFECT! So then I found an RV park there and that's where we will be about 3pm!.... Alexandria Shooting and RV park!! Should I be nervous about the "Shooting" part of that??? LOL! Nothing on the website about a shooting range or anything, so not sure what that is all about! At any rate... will look forward to seeing you there! Hoot!!

Uh, oh... Zoey is about to get a bath in the kitchen sink... her first RV bath! She was out running around with DH meeting horses and playing ball and trying to expend some of her pent up energy and she is now filthy!! I picked a pure white dog!!@ Prepare yourself for lots of puppy kisses... ears, neck, face!! She shocked Julie (and me) by jumping from where she was on the couch with me, into Julie's lap. Julie was sitting in Earl's recliner on the other side of the RV. Shocked me because she is such a whimp!! She won't go up and down steps and usually won't jump off my lap! But she wanted to plant some kisses so bad!!

Oh.... we are having Walmart Withdrawal too!!

Is there a Walmart in Alexandria????

We need some things!!

Like... Lite Creamed cheese, Earl's favorite boxed wine, etc.!

Groceries have some gaps!

Need stuff!

Edited by phyllser

Hi everybody, I'm back home again.... Really enjoyed meeting and visiting with Phyll and her DH..... Now she and I look like Mutt and Jeff standing next to each other... She is quite short and I'm quite tall......but I hugged her like you all asked...... Earl was busy trying to get his Direct TV going... He seemed to be in better spirits... I tried to take them to supper, but they declined and just wanted to get comfortable and enjoy the evening... I would have stayed longer, but guess what....... My shoulder started in on me and I just wanted to cry.... I took a pain pill, but needed ice and all that other junk I do when it hits, so had to say good bye early... Will get to visit with her more in Vegas and Earl says they will stop again on next year's trip to NY.... This time we will take time as they used to live in ND in the 70's..... Would love to show them how things have changed....

Anyway, I must take care of myself now.... I had put supper in the crock pot this morning expecting them to be here for supper, but plans changed... So my house is smelling good and no one here to eat it but me..... Pork ribs with sauerkraut........ DH's favorite, but he didn't get home until after 9 last night... Take care all... I'll be back later.....Oh, and Zoey is just as cute as her pictures.... just a little thing.... TTYL........ Julie

UGH... You had to tell my it was pork ribs and sauerkraut!! One of my favorites!! We both LOVE sauerkraut and pork. Probably should have just planned to park at your house instead of here. But yesterday was so stressful and hoped to keep it simple for Earl today! And he wanted to get that DirecTV working for the rest of the trip. So.. oh, well. Next time. And... wanted to have Earl take some photos and I forgot!! He is off to the pool now and he will really enjoy that!

Edited by phyllser

Phyll...Sinclair Lewis park is in Sauk Centre which is 30 miles from Alex (maybe 25). There's a Walmart in Sauk Centre and also one in Alex and not too far from where your RV park is. I would have offered for you to park here at our place but it is 70 miles off the freeway and figured your DH is just a happy camper when he can pull off the freeway and park. It would be nice if you would let me treat you to dinner. There are a lot of wonderful restaurants in Alex. If not, no problem. You can call the shots (or navigate the meet).

I pulled of the website for the RV park and didn't look like there were any scheduled "shoots" for tomorrow night. There were a couple of flyers on the site that showed when the shoots were. It's pretty easy to find. Just get off the freeway and turn left...go by Lee Motors and your road is right there. There is also a map under the directions option on the site.

Looking forward to our meet tomorrow. Dentist appt at 11 (2 hours) and will have enough time to visit DS that is working on a golf course 7 miles outside of Alex.

And, DH just went out and picked some homegown sweet corn. I'll bring some for you.

Have a safe trip. Can't wait for those puppy kisses! and a hug from momma.

Great...what an icky experience with the chicken coming out of your nose. I've heard of noodles...not chicken. Yuck. Back to the nuggets and meatballs, I guess.

Hey ladies, I'm not lost......

My internet has been going down at night. Not sure if it's the DSL or my computer, but I'll check email and start to read posts and then nothing will load. So I'm writing now and will read later and comment if I can. I am around.

I've been exercising but my back is giving me trouble again, so I'm going to have to modify it again. Can't have too many sleepless nights yet.

The memorial service for our friend will be Saturday at his parents house. Seems everything is falling into place and we'll be able to say good bye in a Wookie (his nickname) manner.

DH's procedure last Tuesday caused him to have a nasty case of shingles. He is finally starting to recover, but it was an unfortunate surprise to find out he is subject to them. His grandma had them pretty bad.

29 working days left. Yahoo!!!

Okay, I'm hitting enter and hopefully this will post and I'll catch up with all of you soon.

Eva

You are so creative, Eva. You will find so many fun and interesting things to do when you "retire". Poor DH with shingles.

Phyl, maybe I'll see your DD and not even know it. LOL We will be in Maui from Fri to Monday and then in Honolulu on Mon & Tues. It's coming up fast!

Apples, is your son from Atlanta still in town? Did he decide to stay? or is he going overseas, I remember something about a decision by Sept and that is coming up. I hope he decides to stay close by.

Hey ladies, I'm not lost......

My internet has been going down at night. Not sure if it's the DSL or my computer, but I'll check email and start to read posts and then nothing will load. So I'm writing now and will read later and comment if I can. I am around.

I've been exercising but my back is giving me trouble again, so I'm going to have to modify it again. Can't have too many sleepless nights yet.

The memorial service for our friend will be Saturday at his parents house. Seems everything is falling into place and we'll be able to say good bye in a Wookie (his nickname) manner.

DH's procedure last Tuesday caused him to have a nasty case of shingles. He is finally starting to recover, but it was an unfortunate surprise to find out he is subject to them. His grandma had them pretty bad.

29 working days left. Yahoo!!!

Okay, I'm hitting enter and hopefully this will post and I'll catch up with all of you soon.

Eva

Eva, I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. OMGoodness, so sorry your DH has shingles. Our youth pastor, 26 yrs old, had them and he was in so much pain. I hope he is better soon. I heard that that stuff can last for a few weeks.

Oh Great, your experience is so me. I drank carbonated Water once since being banded and paid dearly for it. I still get stuck on chicken breast. It doesn't agree with me either.

Great..DS is leaning towards MN but still not made final decision. Lots of stress for him and us with this decision. He just couldn't take the Atlanta area any more. He moved there for XGF and regretted it ever since. He's young....he'll figure it out.

Did you hurt yourself when you PB'd? Or are you OK? I am meaning to ask if you will have swelling?

I haven't eaten anything since the PB episode, but I think I am fine. Will see how Breakfast goes in the morning. I have a yogurt in the fridge just in case. LOL

Does DS still have his place in ATL?

Phyll...Sinclair Lewis park is in Sauk Centre which is 30 miles from Alex (maybe 25). There's a Walmart in Sauk Centre and also one in Alex and not too far from where your RV park is. I would have offered for you to park here at our place but it is 70 miles off the freeway and figured your DH is just a happy camper when he can pull off the freeway and park. It would be nice if you would let me treat you to dinner. There are a lot of wonderful restaurants in Alex. If not, no problem. You can call the shots (or navigate the meet).

I pulled of the website for the RV park and didn't look like there were any scheduled "shoots" for tomorrow night. There were a couple of flyers on the site that showed when the shoots were. It's pretty easy to find. Just get off the freeway and turn left...go by Lee Motors and your road is right there. There is also a map under the directions option on the site.

Looking forward to our meet tomorrow. Dentist appt at 11 (2 hours) and will have enough time to visit DS that is working on a golf course 7 miles outside of Alex.

And, DH just went out and picked some homegown sweet corn. I'll bring some for you.

Have a safe trip. Can't wait for those puppy kisses! and a hug from momma.

Oh...homegrown sweet corn!! sounds wonderful.

Think we'll be in by 3 pm... early enough not to be stressed out. And DH has the TV all figured out, so that should go up quick. He can't handle not having the news recorded so he can watch it when he's ready. With everything that convenient... might be able to negotiate dinner! Yeah, he doesn't deal well with having to drive too far off our route for RV parks. So I try to pick those that are close to our highway.

Phyll....it's a super Walmart and is just to the right as you get off the freeway...just in case you want to shop b/4 you drop.

Super Walmart.... that's great! We just need a few groceries. We'll stop there first.

Hi all~ Having a sleepless night tonight. Thought I would try and write another note. First of all....

To Apples and Great~ When I read your posts about how you would do ANYTHING to have even one of those days back, it just brought tears to my eyes. (and I appreciate your words-I know the bus is just one of those passages of life that one needs to do). I feel my Nelson slipping away already with his newfound adventurous side and desire to have privacy in the bathroom, etc. Last night he put a note on his bedroom door (written phonetically) that said "Hibernaten- Cum bak aftah wintar" (Laughed so hard to myself. Today I took it down to copy and laminate for storage). Tonight after his shower I scooped him up while he was wrapped in one of my old bath robes and sat down on a stool in the bathroom and held him like I used to when he was a baby. (now am almost 70 lb boy who is almost at my shoulders tall) I asked him if I could rock him and he said "Mom (not Mommy anymore), I will always be your baby and you can rock me whenever you want." And I did. I hid my tears with the towel, told him to get up b/c he was breaking my knees and shooed him out the door to get dressed. Just glad to know these feelings are normal and that I WILL survive. Any other things I should know??? Any other things you guys did for them that you remember? I have been doing the special lunch notes EVERY day and he loves those. Just love hearing stories of special things Moms do for their kids- or moments they remember. Might junk up the thread... beware. Just feeling nostalgic.

Get out a kleenex, this is an oldie but a goodie. I have this in a book version but just found it online to share. For those who are about to become grandparents (Lori), those who are, those who recently lost a loved one, to the moms, to the daughters and sons.... enjoy.

Love You Forever

by Robert Munsch

A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,

I'll like you for always,

As long as I'm living

my baby you'll be.

The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, "this kid is driving me CRAZY!"

But at night time, when that two-year-old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,

As long as I'm living

my baby you'll be.

The little boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was nine years old. And he never wanted to come in for dinner, he never wanted to take a bath, and when grandma visited he always said bad words. Sometimes his mother wanted to sell him to the zoo!

But at night time, when he was asleep, the mother quietly opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep, she picked up that nine-year-old boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,

As long as I'm living

my baby you'll be.

The boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a teenager. He had strange friends and he wore strange clothes and he listened to strange music. Sometimes the mother felt like she was in a zoo!

But at night time, when that teenager was asleep, the mother opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep she picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,

As long as I'm living

my baby you'll be.

That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town. If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,

As long as I'm living

my baby you'll be.

Well, that mother, she got older. She got older and older and older. One day she called up her son and said, "You'd better come see me because I'm very old and sick." So her son came to see her. When he came in the door she tried to sing the song. She sang:

I'll love you forever,

I'll like you for always...

But she couldn't finish because she was too old and sick. The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:

I'll love you forever,

As long as I'm living

my Mommy you'll be.

When the son came home that night, he stood for a long time at the top of the stairs. Then he went into the room where his very new baby daughter was sleeping. He picked her up in his arms and very slowly rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while he rocked her he sang:

I'll love you forever,

As long as I'm living

my baby you'll be.