Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Just checking in,

Back on my meds. I have alot of studying to do this week. I have 2 exams and a paper due this week. I am feeling better sinus wise. It seems to have cleared up. Made it to school yesterday. I got my Microbiology exam back and scored a 95. I thought I had bombed that test but I guess I am catching more than I thought.

I looked into the Zumba classes because I have heard so much about them but we live so far out in the country there wan't any near here that I could attend except at the y but it is during class. It sounds like so much fun. Maybe I will get a dvd.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Joyce, It is an option, but we spent big $$ on a king size tempurpedic mattress and neither one of us wants to give it up. Guess I will have to buy one for the queen bed in the guest room but they are so expensive. LOL. I'm 57 -- been married to this DH for 17 years in July.

Linda

Guess it's the day for Walmart runs, I went there today too. Was so excited over my bargains. The mornign after the wedding we are having a brunch at the house while DD and DF (guess he'll be a DH then) open wedding presents. Well they had this row of clearance Valentines stuff, i got some hot pink plain square paper plates for 37 cents a package (and pink is her color) and I got some napkins with hearts on them (thought totally appropriate for a wedding brunch) also for 37 cents and some pink silk rose petals i thought I'd spread on the table around the dishes. After the expense of a wedding, I was thrilled with 37 cents!

Linda, congrats on being a smaller size than your sister. Truth be told it's one of the things that thrills me the most right now, being smaller than my sisters. You see, I was always the 'fat sister' and they were not nice about it even in adult years they were very condenscending. When I first had my band surgery they were very supportive. Then one day they asked what size I was now, and I was a 14/16 at that time and they even said, 'now you are pissing us off' and from that day forward, never once commented on my weight loss. I don't have many size 8's that fit but I do have a few, you can bet when I last saw them I had on an 8. Then DD, gotta love it, asked me in front of them, 'mom, are those your size 8's'. I'm sorry, I am not usually so catty, but my sisters and I well, we don't have the best relationship and it just felt good. My guilty pleasure! LOL Now if they asked me about the surgery, or for advice, help, anything, I'd be there for them in a heartbeat!

Joyce, I remember one of the things that helped me the most just before surgery when I was having all those 'what the heck am I doing' thoughts was something I read. It said to remember that I researched this surgery, had numerous preop tests to be sure it was safe, and made the decision with a level head, right now it's just nerves talking to you. You'll do great.

Hey guys~

Thanks for all the thoughts. DH is THE WORST patient ever! But men, in general, are bad patient and doctors are next on the list! ; ) He's had fever off and on and muscle aches. Nelson is better. I am fine compared to DH. I feel like I have a cold. No fever though. My parents were actually VERY thankful we didn't come. Mom feels bad that I will spend my birthday tomorrow taking care of a sicky. She wanted to send me flowers and I told her to please not! They really kick up my allergies and right now we have enough pollen around to do the job.

So, b/c I thought we would be gone today- I have no groceries. (that might be a good thing). I will go to Publix in the morning for a few things. I have a pantry and freezer full, so no fear of starving..LOL.

I hope everyone with pain- feels better soon. Lori, love the pink stuff idea. I adore weddings! In my next life I would love to be a wedding planner. Might post a few of mine- feeling nostalgic. : ) Oh, Eva, let me get past my birthday and maybe game on. : )

I hear someone yelling "mommy! mommy!" Wonder who that could be!? LOL

TGIF. peasout.. Laura

1st one is of me and my dad (one of my most favs)

2nd is of us in front of my Dad's boat. We left from the reception on it.

3rd is where we got married (vizcaya museum and gardens in Miami)

4th is family pic.

Laura, looks like a beautiful wedding! how neat to leave the reception on a boat! Thanks for sharing. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Laura, gorgeous pictures -- you looked gorgeous and so very happy. How long have you been married? Lori, yes, secretly I'm thrilled too, although my sister has never been like that, but my mother always used to make mean remarks about our differences -- when in reality I took after my mother (I look like her twin) she was short and fat like me and my sister took after my dad's family. My mom was pretty cruel about it. I was also teased a lot by other family members - uncles, etc. about being the "chubby" one. Always bothered me. But I'm sure deep down my sister probably thought I didn't have will power or something but she was never mean about it. She's never exercised a day in her entire life. Great buys on the plates, etc. How lucky that was!!! Linda

Linda~ We got married in 2001. July 21st. DH finished his residency the Saturday before! And he started his job 9 days after the wedding! We had no other choice on the day! : )

Hi there, I'm feeling like I'm slipping up on the job and not responding to posts the way I should the last couple days.. I'm not feeling well either, but it's my neck..... Actually had to call DD this morning and say I needed to get a treatment so couldn't have Mimi... DH is working now, so she just said she would take her to work... It worked out fine... Came home and Mimi was asleep so just left her there... I came home to nap and try to get better... I was up last night paying bills at 3 - 4 in the morning.... No interruptions at least!!! So, sorry I'm missing stuff... I hate that...but it can't be helped...

Laura, great picuters... That smile of yours always shines through..... And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!! Hope you can have a wonderful day with good things for yourself....

Great, good job on the shopping... I love little surprises like that.... You don't have to feel so guilty about things... I pick things up often and save them for something that will come up later.... As long as I can remember where I put things we're good to go!!!!!

Linda, hugs on the DH snoring.... Mine doesn't and I was the one who did occassionally, but he says I don't anymore since losing weight... that's great for both of us.. However, he's a soldier and they learn to sleep through most anything so it never bothered him...

I still feel like I have a hangover and am also having a hot flash now... Never had those during menopause, but for some reason I am today... Maybe I have a bit of a fever.... Anyway, time to get supper.... You all take care........ Julie

Linda~ We got married in 2001. July 21st. DH finished his residency the Saturday before! And he started his job 9 days after the wedding! We had no other choice on the day! : )

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Laura, great pics. Happy Birthday.

No dancing for me tonight. DH is too sick. We're going to go next week.

So glad its the weekend.

Two concerns. I'd appreciate your prayers. A couple of weeks ago my DS who lives in Tennesse experienced retinal detachment in one eye. They put a gas bubble in her eye to force the retina back in place and after a few days fused it back but the gas bubble has to remeain in place for 6 weeks. She is wearing a pirate patch because the wierd distorted view she has exhausts her and makes her sick. She has to dictate her notes to her nurses as she sees patients.

She has RA and has been legally blind without her contacts and at only 56 developed cataracts. When they did the cataract surgery they replaced one lense (inside the eye)with for far vision and the other for close. The RA, which has come out of remission, caused a film to develop on her new lens which had to be lasered off and now this has happened.

She is the main financial support for her husband who is dieing by inches with congenital heart failure and enlarged heart. Her son had major slice and dice heart surgery to repair a congenital defect that had caused part of his heart to become paper thin. He was within days of dieing. He is doing well now but is finishing university at the age of 29. Her daughter has taken her time getting through university because of back problems from when she broke her back from a fall off a horse.

She's a wonderful doctor and human being but has really had a lot on her plate.

Also, my DD has struggled with issues stemming from her thyroid, which has had a goiter since she was a teen but blood tests have always shown her getting enough thyroid so they'd never do anything, even though she's struggled with weight gain and inability to lose it despite careful food intake, Constipation, exhaustion and mood swings and depression. She went in for her 6 month check up on it and the Dr. felt it and said it had changed and grown and she either had cancer or Hashimoto's (SP?) He took a biopsy in the office which was extremely painful. They had trouble getting through the tissue. Now she's afraid her blood test will show that she's still getting enough thyroid and if there's no cancer they still won't do anything to treat her.

So keep them in your prayers. Both of them have insurance issues so medical costs are also an issue.

Cheri

Laura, great pics. Happy Birthday.

No dancing for me tonight. DH is too sick. We're going to go next week.

So glad its the weekend.

Two concerns. I'd appreciate your prayers. A couple of weeks ago my DS who lives in Tennesse experienced retinal detachment in one eye. They put a gas bubble in her eye to force the retina back in place and after a few days fused it back but the gas bubble has to remeain in place for 6 weeks. She is wearing a pirate patch because the wierd distorted view she has exhausts her and makes her sick. She has to dictate her notes to her nurses as she sees patients.

She has RA and has been legally blind without her contacts and at only 56 developed cataracts. When they did the cataract surgery they replaced one lense (inside the eye)with for far vision and the other for close. The RA, which has come out of remission, caused a film to develop on her new lens which had to be lasered off and now this has happened.

She is the main financial support for her husband who is dieing by inches with congenital heart failure and enlarged heart. Her son had major slice and dice heart surgery to repair a congenital defect that had caused part of his heart to become paper thin. He was within days of dieing. He is doing well now but is finishing university at the age of 29. Her daughter has taken her time getting through university because of back problems from when she broke her back from a fall off a horse.

She's a wonderful doctor and human being but has really had a lot on her plate.

Also, my DD has struggled with issues stemming from her thyroid, which has had a goiter since she was a teen but blood tests have always shown her getting enough thyroid so they'd never do anything, even though she's struggled with weight gain and inability to lose it despite careful food intake, Constipation, exhaustion and mood swings and depression. She went in for her 6 month check up on it and the Dr. felt it and said it had changed and grown and she either had cancer or Hashimoto's (SP?) He took a biopsy in the office which was extremely painful. They had trouble getting through the tissue. Now she's afraid her blood test will show that she's still getting enough thyroid and if there's no cancer they still won't do anything to treat her.

So keep them in your prayers. Both of them have insurance issues so medical costs are also an issue.

Cheri

I will pray for your family. My daughter and I have Hashimoto's. My daughter's goiter was very larger a few months ago and the endocrinologist increased her medicine. That disorder comes and goes.....hyper and hypo....so many doctors don't treat it. We take medication. I hope she gets the treatment she needs. Hypo or Hyper can really make you feel bad.

Cheri, the info about muscle helping you burn calories came from DietandNutrition@EverydayHealth.com I thought you could just go there and get the information.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lori, I wish I could go to Las Vegas with you! Have fun!

Linda, yes the steps are hard to catch on to, but the instructor says as long as you are moving you are doing it, "it's all good"

Cheri, prayers for your family members. There is such a wide range in numbers for your thyroid counts that they never know. It's just a guess. I have 6 noduals that they are just watching. They aren't getting bigger just adding in numbers. Never felt a whole lot better with the meds, that is until I was diag. with sleep apenea, then everything fell into place.

Laura such beautiful pics. Your smile is so wonderful.

Great, wonderful snag on the decos. I just love falling into a bargin. I'm making the Walmart trip tomorrow. Got to go get my two weeks worth of Protein Shots.< /p>

Everyone take care.

laura K

Hey Gang

Julie - you and me in the same boat - I have been mia for so long

Cheri - Hugs & Prayers on family health issues - they sure have their share don't they..

Laura absolutely LOVE your wedding Pictures !!!! Yep men big babies when they are sick ;0)...

Well washing sheet - Bear & Angel go to the groomer tomorrow at 9 - I HAVE to go to gym - haven't been on the treadmill for a week -

Linda - Don't know how old you are, BUT the snoring drove my DD & I to separate bedrooms. Sadly, it was MY snoring and my beloved (now deceased) yorkie, Rambo.

Even tho we don't sleep together, still madly in love after 35 years. It's an option.......Joyce

Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?? I use a CPAP.. for about 5 yrs now, and no more snoring. DH however, sometimes keeps me awake with his!

Weather changes will definitely make the joints/bones ache!!

Laura - What a beautiful bride you are. Such a gorgeous setting for the wedding. A beautiful family and love the departure by boat. Where is the setting?