Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Yes, Apples, I have a DH and yeah, I understand. We'll have to plan a time to get together -- probably could meet half way. In the summer!! LOL. We have in-laws (DIL's family) in Britt, Iowa, close to Clear Lake (close to the Minn. border) so we could go there and then meet you somewhere and see both you and them the same weekend. We'll definitely have to plan that.

CBL Linda

Apples, thanks for the compliment on my exercise. Hopefully it's going to work and those 2 lbs. will be poof! Gone at my weigh in next Tues. Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot.

Yes, Apples, I have a DH and yeah, I understand. We'll have to plan a time to get together -- probably could meet half way. In the summer!! LOL. We have in-laws (DIL's family) in Britt, Iowa, close to Clear Lake (close to the Minn. border) so we could go there and then meet you somewhere and see both you and them the same weekend. We'll definitely have to plan that.

CBL Linda

We'll definately have to do that, Linda!

Thank you all for the compliments. I don't see the difference until I looked at that pic.

For those of you who asked, the leaves are made out of cement, formed over the leaves. Pretty easy and cheap to make. I seen one in Petosky MI in a store smaller than the ones I made for $100.00. Are those people crazy or what?

NY I found out I have sleep apenea when I did my study too. Like Laura said when you start your cpap it is like you are living in a different world. I felt so much better right away.

Laura K

Thank you all for all your input ......I really appreciate all your experiences in this area. It never even occured that this could be a concern. It was always my ex's health we were concerned with now its my turn.

It seems that I really do have severe sleep apnea and with about six weeks of treatment with a CPAP and only after that will I be cleared to go ahead with banding...so we are looking at March....which leads me to a whole new set of concerns......lol no suprise here.....

March is a really a bad month this year in regards to thinking about doing anything drastic especially a surgery if there could be possible complications.

Its really silly actually....however perhaps some outside input can help.....

In the beginning of the month is the holiday Purim....which means..alot of celebrations involving family, kids and freinds.

At the end of the month is passover which requires about a weeks worth of preperations and then 8 days of holiday....from two seders and multiple meals of cooking for and sitting and eating for hours at a time.....and in between alot of praying and sleeping.. lol

my surgery can either be in the 8th, the 15th or the 22nd. I have these choices. I chose the middle to be on the safe side.....lol However, my daughters birthday is the 16th and she has asked if Id be in the hospital on that day...hmmm.

The 8th....just might not make the 6 weeks from the time I actually get the CPAP sleep study and then mine ordered and working in time and I wont get the clearance again so that is taking a chance....which i do and get kicked off again....ill have to wait another month to sched as surgery dates fill up fast I was told.

The 22nd is the week before passover...which means...I will be doing ,...no cleaning, shopping, cooking, and shlepping to anyones house and seders?? forget it....not going to happen, unless someone else does all the prep and work...

this all seems really nice...

however as a single parent who doesnt have alot of money to hire full time help and have a big enough place to have people stay as well.

so the real question is....how long is recovery.....is one week enough to take off from work and one week to take it easy after...which then the third week I can begin preperations for the holiday ill be off that week.

Im thinking the 15th and hoping that I wont have to be in the hospital overnight...and have a week to rest and then go to work the following week and begin prep for passover with some help.

Help???

February was really good. I got used to Feb. lol I scheduled all around Feb....had my daughter taken care of and planned for all the what ifs......if it happened in Feb. March?? March is complicated lol. I suppose I shouldnt be suprised as my life is alway complicated...so why should this decision be any different?

wow. Help anyone? lol

Janet......Well, I tried to eat turkey and cheese for lunch....then a Fiber bar for snack. dinner was a Lean Cuisine fish, but all I could eat was the fish. I am having some stomach issues today. Oh, I did eat pretzels.....and too many. The weather is horrible here so no walking. I know, I need to exercise !

Janet, a week of liquids after a fill? Wow! That's a long time. I am getting a fill tomorrow. found out it's just 2hours before I can't have solids then, liquids for most of the day. Can have mushy for dinner.

Sparkle, take a deep breath. You'll be fine. Now remember everyone's experience is different, but I've read of many folks on here having surgery on Thurs. or Fri. and going back to work on Monday. Some have more pain after than others with the gas pains. And very few have to stay in the hospital over night, however, with your sleep apnea they may want to keep you over night. I know my doc does if you have that. I know your world got turned upside down with the surgery being rescheduled, but you should be okay with your dates and your celebrations. You won't be able to eat much but you should feel well enough. Good luck to you in your decision on the date.

LauraK, you should sell your leaves.

Well DH got home tonight, always miss him when he is gone. Don't think he has to travel next week.

Sparkle - I had surgery on Tues was back at work on Monday (desk job) and my insurance required overnight stay in the hospital - and I am glad I did - I needed the pain meds that 1st night - but again I don't think my pain tolerance is as high as others - alot go home that same day.. Truly dear there should be no complications and you should be up on your feet after a couple days - I remember by Friday I had company and was washing off the back patio - I wasn't moving super fast but I was moving...

Jewish :0) - I'm Catholic but my bff since I was 2 yrs old was Jewish - so I am a little familar with the holidays - sedar etc - plus I love the Peter & Rita Decker books that Faye Kellerman writes - Love Bagels & lox too ;0) - But gotta say my gf family weren't orthodox jews - I don't think they follow tradtions too much and I know they didn't eat Kosher either. heck she was at church more than temple and she celebrated haunkak (sp) & christmas..

Great - Yep his instructions 1 week each post op food plan - but hell I don't follow rules to well (did after surgery) but I will do liquids for the 1st day or 2 but then move to soft mushies.. No way could I do full liquids for a week - Once was enough..

Charlene - my dinner 4.5 oz steak 3/4 c butternut squash

Hugs about the weather and tummy issues.. I don't know the calories in the pretzels - Don't do them - will eat them if they are there but don't buy them :0)...

We must be getting you eastern/northern girls weather - I saw a glimist of the news - Rain next week with day time temps in the low 60's - I know that's summer for most of you but not us - that's true winter for us - Yea - I get to wear my sweaters a couple more times before I have to back up winter clothes..

Well gang I am pooped - I worked hard today - it was a busy day...

CBL

Sparkle - I had surgery on Tues was back at work on Monday (desk job) and my insurance required overnight stay in the hospital - and I am glad I did - I needed the pain meds that 1st night - but again I don't think my pain tolerance is as high as others - alot go home that same day.. Truly dear there should be no complications and you should be up on your feet after a couple days - I remember by Friday I had company and was washing off the back patio - I wasn't moving super fast but I was moving...

Jewish :0) - I'm Catholic but my bff since I was 2 yrs old was Jewish - so I am a little familar with the holidays - sedar etc - plus I love the Peter & Rita Decker books that Faye Kellerman writes - Love Bagels & lox too ;0) - But gotta say my gf family weren't orthodox jews - I don't think they follow tradtions too much and I know they didn't eat Kosher either. heck she was at church more than temple and she celebrated haunkak (sp) & christmas..

Great - Yep his instructions 1 week each post op food plan - but hell I don't follow rules to well (did after surgery) but I will do liquids for the 1st day or 2 but then move to soft mushies.. No way could I do full liquids for a week - Once was enough..

Charlene - my dinner 4.5 oz steak 3/4 c butternut squash

Hugs about the weather and tummy issues.. I don't know the calories in the pretzels - Don't do them - will eat them if they are there but don't buy them :0)...

We must be getting you eastern/northern girls weather - I saw a glimist of the news - Rain next week with day time temps in the low 60's - I know that's summer for most of you but not us - that's true winter for us - Yea - I get to wear my sweaters a couple more times before I have to back up winter clothes..

Well gang I am pooped - I worked hard today - it was a busy day...

CBL

You have deff made me feel more comfortable and squelched my concerns regarding the dates in between all the holidays. Now that this isnt something im going to be obsessing over..ill concentrate now on the getting the CPAP set. I have to go to the sleep center again for this...so hopefully one night this week.

Its funny that you write about your friend who spent most of her time in your church...when I was younger..I also spent alot of time in my best friends church with her...when we were little. Much more fun then my synaguage was. lol

You brought back some good memories! Thanks

Went to bed with DH at 10:00..... flipped through the channels waiting for my pain pill to kick in but now the pain has just gotten worse... So got up and to another half a pill.... I need to be up early tomorrow as DD got her schedule switched for the day so will get Mimi from 7 - 3...........Not a big deal but I'm used to sleeping till I wake up after being up late...... Just thought I would check in to see what everyone was doing...

NY, glad you are feeling a bit better about things...

Janet, that's a rigid schedule for a fill... I only have to do 24 hours of liquids... then just back to normal..... I'm thinking I need another fill, too..... Maybe .5...... Might get it before Florida...... We'll see what next week looks like...

Well, time for some solitaire and hopefully I will fall asleep soon... night all............

NY...you sound like you are feeling better about everything. I felt similar when I was told by my doc's office that I just had to wait 3 months for the surgery and then it got bumped up to 6. At first it upset me (1minute) and I accepted. It turned out to be a good thing cuz it gave me or time to wrap my head around what was to come.

My doc has his patients on solids b/4 and after fills. I could leave his office and go eat whatever I wanted. He moves patients up to solids about a week after surgery. They sure are all over the board with their rules.

I grew up Catholic, too. We LIVED at church. Went to a Catholic school...mass every morning. And, come hell or high Water, you were there for every Holy Day. I was taught by nuns and worked for nuns at our hospital at the age of 13. All I know is that they can really pinch! The pinching didn't do any good cuz I grew up to have a mind of my own and strayed away from the Catholic church and it's teachings. I believe but not just everything that is taught.

Julie...hope you got at least some sleep. I did. Felt good. Been up for a couple of hours but DH just got up. I love it when he can sleep in. Have steel cut oats on the stove. Made the entire bag this morning so I can throw some in the freezer. I ate some yesterday but was full for too long. Think I am going to have to leave them alone. I get too full and cannot get cals in.

DH is up for Breakfast. Later.

Julie...hope you got at least some sleep. I did. Felt good. Been up for a couple of hours but DH just got up. I love it when he can sleep in. Have steel cut oats on the stove. Made the entire bag this morning so I can throw some in the freezer. I ate some yesterday but was full for too long. Think I am going to have to leave them alone. I get too full and cannot get cals in.

Apples, I did not know you could cook steel cut oats and freeze them. How long do they last?

Apples, I did not know you could cook steel cut oats and freeze them. How long do they last?

The bag I buy has 1.8lbs and makes 15 servings. I have the little 1 cup Glad storage containers and put oats in them for freezing. I would say that they would keep for 2-3 months in the freezer. I take them out of freezer b/4 bed and they are ready to go. I also put the frozen ones in microwave on the defrost setting for about 5 minutes. I do add a little Water or skim 1/2 through heating in the microwave. It's a good way to do it cuz you are not making small little batches. Easy way to always have them on hand.

Sparkle, welcome....I was back at work 4 days later...but no lifting (supposedly) but I ended up doing a little of that. I was fine. The LAP band isn't horrible as far as surgery, at least I don't think so. Of course besides my tonsils, it's the only surgery I've ever had and I do not have children. As far as the food, you'll be fine. I cooked a meal for a wedding a week after my surgery (50 people) and really didn't have a problem with it.

Apples, I understand about the "lost" time. After I graduated from college (1993) I was lost because I didn't have that focus. Now I can't stand having my time taken away from me...I have a really hard time committing to anything over a long time. Weird.

Linda, you are doing wonderful with your exercise. I'm really impressed.

Julie, love the tractor. It's really good your DH has interests...beats him sitting around the house watching TV all day. My DH has all kinds of projects too....and most of them are sitting in the back yard...cars, motorcycles, etc.

Laura K....those leaves are really cool. How thick are they? What do you use to paint them with? Boy have you lost a lot of weight, you are doing great.

Laura...have fun in Miami! Hope your Dad starts to feel better and Nels stays feverless. If Nelson is donig good, what will you do while DH is at the conference?

I know I've missed someone, sorry....I'll try and catch up tomorrow. I have FNSC tonight and a hair and nail appointment tomorrow....so I'll me MIA again.

Last night I was caught up in another audio book and didn't check in....sorry.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Eva

Good morning everyone! Had a great night's sleep -- feeling really refreshed this a.m. Of course being able to sleep in until you wake up is wonderful - I keep thinking I need to set my alarm and get up at 5 so I get used to it, but when I do and I wake up the room is cold and I talk myself into going back to sleep. I am going to be in trouble come Tues. morning I'm afraid.

My dinner last night was grilled (Foreman's grill) chicken made into a salad with spinach, lettuce, Tomato, some black Beans, a sprinkling of fat free cheddar cheese and a few crushed baked Doritos with fat free ranch dressing and a little salsa -- really tastes good when you haven't had anything like that in a long time. Not something I do often, just once in awhile. It's the way I cure my Mexican craving. Hits the spot. Filled me up so much I passed on the popcorn last night.

Kinda gloomy looking out today -- suppoed to be in 30s again -- I do hope our severe cold is over for the year (boy am I dreaming). It's nice to see Patches of green in the yards although it looks so ugly while it's melting -- it is so dirty looking everywhere and all the cars witih all the salt on them - yuck. DH went through car wash and by the time he came home I could barely tell. That's sad.

Janet, yeah, your doc is very strict -- we are supposed to do liquids for 2 days after fill but I never did -- did the rest of first day (except most of the time I do eat my popcorn that same night) and would eat normal from second day on - just chewed better and was more careful for a few days. It's very weird how different every surgeon is.

Hope everyone has a great day. Gotta get going on my exercise and then need to get the house cleaned and GD is coming to spend the night. Busy day. CBL. Linda