Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what your PCP says. Its better to be safe than sorry.
1 day at a time - I hope it's nothing serious.

1dayatatime, glad you are going to doctor -- anytime pain in back is involved it could be a kidney problem, so please go and get checked out.

Thanks so much guys I will definitely let you guys know what they tell me. I was looking on line and webmd said possibly pancreatitis. I surely hope not because I do not want to stay in the hospital. Again thanks for being there to listen to me.

Morning, waiting for my baby to come.... Could be an interesting day.. She is feeling back to her old self and I am not!!!! But I don't have to do anything but keep her content for a few hours. I should be able to do that and if not...........call 911 (have friends on call in case of emergencies, like temper tantrums or such!!)

1 Day....... yes, please go to the doctor... Severe pain in my upper left quadrant is what started off my big mess here....... I've had a heck of a time!!! have them check you out good..... I'm getting better, but still have some pain...

Nicey, congrats on onderland.... Can't wait, but I did finally make it to the 2"s....................... I was 295 this morning... Losing weight while still weak is a bit scary, but I'll take it and hope for the best.. I'm trying to eat as well as I can....

LVJ....happy birthday.... missed just which day is the day, but good wishes to you.... the cake sounds great....

Time for my girl, so must say goodbye for now.. Everyone have a great day... Julie

1Day....wishing you the best and hope dr can figure out what is going on with you. If you feel they are not delving into this deep enough, go see another dr. Pain is an indication that something is going on in your body.

Long...congrats on more lbs. lost!

Mornin' to the rest of you girls. On the go today. Volunteer day at the hospital. Four days this week but don't mind. A couple of the days I put floral arrangements together at home and also baskets with gift items and tie them up with pretty bows. Have a bunch to deliver that I worked on yesterday and this morning. All the proceeds go to our hospice house.

Cold here today but sunny. Don't mind the chill as long as there is sun light. Makes my day!

Wishing everyone a great day and good food choices!

Hi Janet. I'm Annie from Rhode Island. I had the Realize band inserted 9/30/08. I have a total of 5.5 ccs in the band now but still no restriction (I do get food stuck sometimes, however). My dr. schedules every 6 weeks as he is soooo busy. I return to him next Monday and this time I am afraid to go as I have not lost any weight and may actually have gained a pound or two. I sure could use your help. My problem is sweets and they sure do go down easy! I had lots of will power in the beginning but have lost no weight the last 2 months. Any words of advice? Thank you so much in advance.

Welcome Annie !!! As you most likely know by reading my post - IMHO 75% of the work is up to you and you are so right about the candy - I had some Sunday night cuz I couldn't sleep (sugar is like a sleeping pill for me) I was so disgusted with myself yesterday- I worked extra hard at the gym - went tot he store and reloaded my pantry with good stuff to eat (healthy) Not that the candy was sitting in my kitchen I had to go hunt in GS room :w00t:

Suggestion - take one day - say Saturday where you allow yourself a treat - go buy ONE AND ONLY ONE candy bar - then sit down in a quite room and savor it - don't inhale it just savor it. In fact I love reese pb cups - I will eat one cup then save the other for later.

I also do sf pudding (dark choc) for my choc fix and fruit with lite whip cream (no more short cakes for me) last night I bought strawberries & blackberries - cut up the strawberries added the blackberries and a little splenda - and packed them in 1/2 c container and will have one for bf with my yogurt...

Good afternoon. Well my snowstorm ended up being more of a rain storm in my part of town. We got over 3" of rain which is unusual to get that much but they said if ti was snow it would've been measured in feet. They got more snow west of me. Today it's in the 70's and supposed to be 80's by the end of the week. Springtime in Colorado!

Holly I lived in Sandy UT for many years. Been to Provo a lot. Loved ProvoCraft.

Weight is down to 118 lbs lost. Only 8 lbs to go to get to my docs highest goal for me and 18 to a normal BMI. think I will go for the normal BMI.

I've been super busy, involved in a few things with church, volunteering at the hospital, my folks are coming to town later this week, then we are planning a 100th bday party for my grandma, then it's my sons bday, and then I leave on my cruise!!! Two weeks from Wed. I leave for Barcelona. Oh and tomorrow is my 30th wedding anniversary. So if I am scarce that is why. Just didn't want anyone to think I vanished. This place is very important to me. OH and also am speaking at the seminar on Sat. WHEW!!

Long Congrats on the lost lbs - WTG - Happy Anniversary - and yea for cruise !!!! I know how busy you will be from now and until a week or so after you get back - Heck I am still trying to play catch up

When you are up there speaking just think that all of us are in attendance and that you will be talking to us - Congrats on this too it's that you are such a great example of how to work your band

Hi everyone. Looks like all of us are having strange weather! Some good, some nasty like all of this rain that we are getting here in SE Michigan! Anyhow, I've been reading all of your posts everyday, but havent really contributed anything. Sorry. I went to my psych appt today. All went well. He is sending the letter out to me tomorrow so i will be able to have copies and have it on hand for all of the rest of my appointments. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! -Meredith

Meredith - All I really needed for approval from my insurance 2 yrs ago with sleep test - shrink visit - and got approval

Keep us posted...

CONGRATS! ON YOUR AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS!...............CONGRATS! and Happy Aniversary! Well, we would have left this saturday on our Hawaiian cruise, but you know we cancelled. We are still going to Hawaii in December. Both of us will be able to sit comfortably in our seats. I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Charlene - I know that you said you cancelled a trip but I didn't know it was to Hawaii!!!

Today started off with thunderstorms and has ended sunny and 75. Just the reverse of how my day went:eek:. My hubby is in Las Vegas this week so it leaves my daughter, dog and me flying solo this week. After I dropped her off at school, I did aerobics for 60 minutes - yeah. I have taken today and tomorrow off as vacation to get stuff done while hubby is away and kid at school. I got a lot of errands done and cooked dinner (fish and carrots w/broccoli). All was well, until my band said that is it..no more...and I dang it...had to have one more bite. AND the nightmare began, I ran into the powder room trying to hack it up and slimed all over. My dog was whining to go outside my daughter banging at the door and the phone ringing. Really...It all was going so well:mellow:

After 10 minutes of pain, it faded...I took the dog out cleaned up dinner and now getting ready to put my daughter to bed. I hope tomorrow goes better. I am defrosting Tomato Soup as to not get stuck tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone!

Claudine - I here you girl on that one more bite - I am almost 2 yrs out and still will do it every now and then..

How you can keep up with everyone I never know. Thanks for all information.Yeah I agree 1/2 cup for me is not eating..LOL

1day - some days I don't:tongue: Yesterday was busy at work then came home - went to the gym and the to do some grocery shopping cuz I didn't get to in over the weekend - heck by the time i got home put the food up - cooked 2 dinners and lunch for the week chopped the berries and fed the doges is was 8:30 when I sat down - I never made it to the computer :smile:

The band is a life long tool - and IMHO you can't eat 1/2 c for the rest of your life - I want to eat normal protions (1/2 c rice - 1/2 cup veggies and 4 oz of meat) that's normal...

sounds good to me. what great success you have had!

Barchedm - Welcome

Ok so I have been having pain in my upper left quadrant since Thursday. At first I thought it was just gas. I took gas x and drank alot of Water but that did not seem to help. When I walk, sit, stand it hurts. Laughing yawning it hurts. The pain seems to pierce through to the back.

I called my Dr today and he seemed to think it is a pulled muscle from working out with my trainer. So he wants me on liquids for 48hrs (which I don't know that has to do with anything) and no exercising for a week. I can walk but no jogging or lifting things.

I don't think it is a pulled muscle but since bathroom habits have not changed and the pain has been the same he wants me to give it some time.

What do you guys think? I actually have an appt with my PCP on Thursday just to see what they say, but I just think something is up

1Day - do you have your gall bladder - I know you say it's your left side - but mine hurt in the middle of my back.. Keep us posted

1 day at a time - I hope it's nothing serious.

Long - Lucky Dog, I need to go on a cruise.

Julie - you sound like you're feeling much better, that is great.

I hit the onederland, I haven't been in the 100's since I got engaged, that was 18 years ago. Onderland is when you are in the 100's right? Not when you've lost 100 pounds? LOL. Did my Zumba class tonight and actually kept up the whole time expect when squatting down, not too far, my knees just hurt too much.

Take care everyone,

Denise

DENISE

CONGRATULATIONS ON ONEERLAND !!!!!

Hi everyone! Apples, thanks so much for the bday song and wishes. I baked an interesting (but good) cake today. I bought a sugar free white cake mix and made it with 3 egg whites and a can of fresca. Baked it according to the instructions on the cake mix. It seemed to bake okay, but it was done a little earlier than it should have been. I didn't think it raised as much as a regular cake either. Anyway, then I mixed 1 box of sugar free raspberry Jello with 1 cup of boiling Water, forked the cake and poured it over top. Then I took a box of frozen raspberries and put some splenda in that to sweeten it and poured that over the top and refrigerated the cake. Then I mixed a box of sugar free vanilla pudding with 1/2 Cup of skim milk and let it thicken and then mixed it with a container of Fat Free Cool Whip. Put that on top and then grated a little semi sweet chocolate on top (very finely grated - used my fine grater - it was just a dusting). Anyway, took it to work as we have 3 b-days at work this week and it was a big hit. According to Dailey Plate, it was 3 grams of fat per serving and 150 calories for the cake then probably a few more calories for the pudding and cool whip, but not many I would imagine. It was quite good, very fancy and no one could believe it was sugar free and low fat. You could make the same cake with strawberry Jello and strawberries and black cherry jello with cherry pie filling. You could use the cherry flavors witih a chocolate cake. Yum, that sounds good. Anyway, thought I'd pass it along if you have company coming and want to try it. Julie, hang in there, just take one day at a time. That's what I had to do last summer and before long, I got up one day and realized how much better I was feeling. I know it may seem like that day may never come, but it will, I promise. Denise, congrats on Onederland -- you are doing great! 1dayatatime, glad you are going to doctor -- anytime pain in back is involved it could be a kidney problem, so please go and get checked out. Long, you have a lot going on, but you'll be terrific at the seminar on Saturday -- you'll be a huge inspiration to everyone who attends! Take care everyone! Linda

Linda - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Love the cakes -but they are danger zone for me - I am swearing off sweets (real sugar) for a while..

Morning, waiting for my baby to come.... Could be an interesting day.. She is feeling back to her old self and I am not!!!! But I don't have to do anything but keep her content for a few hours. I should be able to do that and if not...........call 911 (have friends on call in case of emergencies, like temper tantrums or such!!)

1 Day....... yes, please go to the doctor... Severe pain in my upper left quadrant is what started off my big mess here....... I've had a heck of a time!!! have them check you out good..... I'm getting better, but still have some pain...

Nicey, congrats on onderland.... Can't wait, but I did finally make it to the 2"s....................... I was 295 this morning... Losing weight while still weak is a bit scary, but I'll take it and hope for the best.. I'm trying to eat as well as I can....

LVJ....happy birthday.... missed just which day is the day, but good wishes to you.... the cake sounds great....

Time for my girl, so must say goodbye for now.. Everyone have a great day... Julie

Julie - Glad you are posting and on the mend

1Day....wishing you the best and hope dr can figure out what is going on with you. If you feel they are not delving into this deep enough, go see another dr. Pain is an indication that something is going on in your body.

Long...congrats on more lbs. lost!

Mornin' to the rest of you girls. On the go today. Volunteer day at the hospital. Four days this week but don't mind. A couple of the days I put floral arrangements together at home and also baskets with gift items and tie them up with pretty bows. Have a bunch to deliver that I worked on yesterday and this morning. All the proceeds go to our hospice house.

Cold here today but sunny. Don't mind the chill as long as there is sun light. Makes my day!

Wishing everyone a great day and good food choices!

Apples - busy day - but I know you - you have dinner in the crockpot - all this stuff done before you walked out the door.. You need to come and visit me for a week and get me on a timetable - so I can get stuff done :0)

hi my name is missy and i am 5'3" i wiegh 330 lbs. wieght has been a struggle my whole life. i did not want the ruin y operation so when lap band came to my area i looked into it and found it a good option for me. i am still two months from surgery but getting nervous. i can definetly use some experienced peoples support and guidance. do you have any pre surgery advice that might help? just having someone to talk to some times would be nice to. i am pretty scared it is surgery and they are going to leave this thing in me AAAWWWW. lol but any way look forward to hearing from you. thanks!

hi my name is missy and i am 5'3" i wiegh 330 lbs. wieght has been a struggle my whole life. i did not want the ruin y operation so when lap band came to my area i looked into it and found it a good option for me. i am still two months from surgery but getting nervous. i can definetly use some experienced peoples support and guidance. do you have any pre surgery advice that might help? just having someone to talk to some times would be nice to. i am pretty scared it is surgery and they are going to leave this thing in me AAAWWWW. lol but any way look forward to hearing from you. thanks!

Hey there Missy

Welcome !!!

I think we were all scared and excited at the same time

Ok this is the advice I was given in the very beginning and it has helped me so very much ....

#1 - THE BAND IS ONLY A TOOL

It's not the magic cure to our issues with food - it's not the quick fix or easy way out

It's not going to lose the weight for you - it doesn't make your food choices - it doesn't exercise for you - the only thing it does is provide restriction (and that can take a while) by limiting how much you can eat in one sitting - it has absolutly no effect on candy - milk shakes - liquor - Cookies - cake (all the high sugar/fat foods) we call them slider foods (slide right thru the band) you can still eat these things with no problem - no restriction.

Also the band does nothing for head hunger issues and imho thats where alot of our problems lie.

I am 21 months out - I will be physically full but still want to eat - our head hunger manifest it's self in to what we think is physical hunger - I battle still and most like always will with head hunger -

#2 This isn't a diet - it's about making a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating habits - eating healhty - low fat - limited sugar and refined carbs - The problem with diet's they don't work cuz when you go off them - and go back to eating normal - you gain all your weight back and then some... Ah I wonder if our eating normal is the problem here - oh that's a thought - Ya that's the ticket - for us our eating normal IS what got us fat in the first place

Yes for some just the restriction alone will allow them to lose some weight but not the amopunt that is needed to get healthy - we really do have to understand that we ate very unhealthy

I eat healthy 98% of the time - I do allow for treats 2% of the time - I exercised 4-5 times a week in my weight loss phase (I started 250 5'4 and was 52 yrs old) I started slowly - walking on the treadmill and every few weeks it got eaisier and easier - but you gotta stick with it - this too is a life time committment - not just while losing the weight but to maintain that weight loss too..

#3 - Keep a food diary - there are tons out there - dailyplate.com - sparklepeople.com - caloriecounter.com

losing and maintaining your weight is all about calories in vs calories burned - simple math.. I kept a food diary for 1 yr

Also if you can afford it buy a scale to weigh and measure foods so that you can learn what 4 oz looks like - what a serving size really is.. You won't have to do this forever but it's a great learning tool..

#4 Practice not drinking with meals or for 30 minutes after - practice taking tiny bites - chewing very very welll and eating slowly - also I eat off salad/dessert plates and 1 cup size bowls.

Ok there's a start - I gotta get back to work...

Hugs - Janet

Mrs. Bubba, I think I missed something What happen to you?

Apples, That is my concern something is wrong but I was having trouble someone listening to me.

1day - some days I don't:tongue: Yesterday was busy at work then came home - went to the gym and the to do some grocery shopping cuz I didn't get to in over the weekend - heck by the time i got home put the food up - cooked 2 dinners and lunch for the week chopped the berries and fed the doges is was 8:30 when I sat down - I never made it to the computer :smile:

The band is a life long tool - and IMHO you can't eat 1/2 c for the rest of your life - I want to eat normal protions (1/2 c rice - 1/2 cup veggies and 4 oz of meat) that's normal...

1Day - do you have your gall bladder - I know you say it's your left side - but mine hurt in the middle of my back.. Keep us posted

Indio Girl 55, my gallbladder was removed about 4 years ago. I wish it was that easy though.

Okay everyone,

I just came home from seeing my surgeon. He wanted to empty my band first but after talking to me and pushing around he just thinks I pulled a stitch in my port. But I asked him to do some blood work so he is doing a complete blood count, liver enzymes as well as checking the pancreas enzymes. I am glad because then that can rule out other stuff and then I will believe it is what he thinks it is.

Okay everyone,

I just came home from seeing my surgeon. He wanted to empty my band first but after talking to me and pushing around he just thinks I pulled a stitch in my port. But I asked him to do some blood work so he is doing a complete blood count, liver enzymes as well as checking the pancreas enzymes. I am glad because then that can rule out other stuff and then I will believe it is what he thinks it is.

1Day

I am glad they are doing those test... hows the pain now..

I might request and upper gi or fluro whatever they call it to ck the placment of your band if it continues...

Hugs Janet

1Day

I am glad they are doing those test... hows the pain now..

I might request and upper gi or fluro whatever they call it to ck the placment of your band if it continues...

Hugs Janet

The pain is still the same. I am going to get the results tomorrow and then I will go from there. I will keep you all posted.

Hey Gang What's Up Tonite!!!

Idol's on !!!!

Just got back from the gym - well really about and hr ago but had to answer some emails..

I did 3 miles with inclines up to 12 in 53 minutes... at about 1.5 miles I wanted to quit - but got the other 1.5 done - Yea me !!!

Tonite I a bbqing pork loin & chick tha I havemarinated in caribean Jerky sauce over night..

Todays food

banana Cheerios 100 c

One Pot Wonder - 300 C

WW Yogurt (white choc cheese cake to die for) 70 calores

Pork loin - rice - veggies - s/be about 350 (max)

snack popcorn 100 - fruit 100 - pudding 100

That's about 1100 for the day give or take 100c

Yes it's low but - I have been 138 - 139 - 140 for the last few weeks - I want to be 138 period - so I need to get my eating back on track along with my exercise (I will skip tuesday often) So M T W Sat are my gym days and I have to get this sugar out of my system..

1 day - yes we want to know what they find..

Well gang it's 7 - I need to turn on the BBQ will check back in a bit..

Glad to hear everyone is doing okay I am so looking forward to getting to onederland. 2 more lbs.

Well Dh finally decided and he came home with my dream car tonight.....a s500 mercedes benz......he completely surprised me and told me that I deserved 10 of them. He is an amazing man I was truly blessed when I met him 5 years ago. I was previously married for 17 years in a bad marriage. I truly feel blessed for finding the love of my life so late in life.

1day keep us posted on how your blood work comes out.

What I ate today:

B- Special K 1 cup 1/2 cup skim milk

L - Filet of Soul fish and carrots

D - bbq chicken breast, mixed veggies,1/2 baked potatoe

s - sugar free Jello on top of banana (yummy)

I am having lapband surgery May 4th and I am having some negative thoughts and was wondering if this is normal. I am trying to talk myself out of it but I want it so badly and have been in the process since July 08. I keep saying to myself that its not permanent and I know I'll have to have it removed and I keep thinking that I can't change my eating habits. I don't want to think these thoughts. Is this normal when you getting close to surgery day? :smile:

Thanks for starting this thread because we need some experienced ppl to help us through this.

Janet, I guess I need some tough love. I have gone 100 calorie snack crazy the last two days. I gained a lb back. I haven't journaled either. So, straighten me up! You know when I have a good weight loss then I believe the lie that I can go back to eating carbs again. No one sabotages me, but me. Okay, I am done venting this morning. By the way, I stink at pathwords!..........gonna try again this evening.

WOW WOW WOW!

Hi everyone~

Congrats on the onederlanders! I AM DREAMING OF THAT DAY! Glad to hear you guys that weren't feeling good are feeling better. Reassuring to hear others as frustrated as I am. Welcome to some new faces. I haven't been online much lately. Too busy finally putting myself on the list! And then being a mom and a wife.... I swear, eating healthy (shopping for everything, cooking healthy, etc...) and exercising is a FULL TIME job! I sometimes find myself slumping back into my old habit of being too tired too exercise, etc... and so I hired a really MEAN trainer at the YMCA! (She's not really mean... just makes me do things that my body doesn't like doing.. like lunges and squats). She is weighing me weekly, just to have one more check and balance in place. The first week we scheduled 3 x and this week, 2x. I might stick to that. The other days I can do something. This week again was really frustrating to me. Although I ate no more than 900 calories a day and exercised 5 times in 7 days ( I am talking SERIOUS exercise... 70 min. workouts with an average heartrate of 135 and max of 165, elliptical for 30 min and circuit training in between, lunges, squats, ect) ... I only lost one pound! It just makes me so mad that the weight isn't MELTING off like on the Biggest Loser! There have been some dangerous stuff in the house that my 5 year old begged me for at the grocery store the other day. (note to self... do not bring Nelson shopping again). I have yogurt covered pretzels (190 cal for 7 tiny pretzels!) and Entemann's chocolate Covered donuts (300 whopping cal/each). I did have 3 pretzels... then looked at the calories and closed the box. (I did include these in my daily count and entered them on the realizeband web site and everything!) (these are sold in the PRODUCE section!!!) IT should be outlawed. I sometimes have Mom guilt though. My son is adopted and does NOT have our genetics and is tall and thin and a VERY picky eater. He will skip Breakfast and lunch altogether if I don't insist on him eating something before school. I don't want to make him a member of the clean plate club like I was as a kid... but then he has to eat. And I prefer he eat his lean meat and veggies and THEN if he wants a treat he can have one. I have started just letting him not eat when he is obviously not hungry (especially on weekends). I think that is one of my biggest problems is that I never knew when I was truly hungry because we always ate on a schedule and because there were starving children in Africa! Yet, the nurse in me wants him to have enough nutrition for his brain to grow, etc. So many people say, he will eat when he is hungry. The thing is, he rarely wants to eat and then he wants goldfish only! I am sure the flip side to the coin would break my heart to have a chubby kid who I couldn't get to stop eating (like my mom had with me). I will tell you guys this... at night... when I get hungry and find myself in the pantry, the first thing I do is feed the cat a treat or two! Then go back to doing whatever I was doing. LOL. He is getting bigger, but I stopped snacking. ; )

Fill #3 is next Thursday! I wonder how much he will put in. I still don't feel any restriction really. However, twice while I was eating fast and didn't chew, I got the "Iron fist" feeling. I stopped.. took some deep breaths and it passed after a minute or so. I have not had any of the saliva pouring or hiccups or anything like that. Each of those times I had taken a big bite and didn't chew enough. I know this sounds nuts, but I almost don't want to tell my dr (even though I will) for fear it will make him put less of a fill in! I of course don't want TOO MUCH! But I am tired of going in for a fill and not having ENOUGH!

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

peasout~ Laura