Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet Wright

Phyllis Hand

You know Charlenes name - just put them in the search area - and then you will be recommeded pple by our friends - you can look at my friends - you will find alot (mostly) lapband pple in my friends.

Thanks just sent you a friend request. It's going to take me a while to learn this thing! haven't found the games yet.

Thanks just sent you a friend request. It's going to take me a while to learn this thing! haven't found the games yet.

I will log in - in a few - I will send you invites to pathword and farming parking wars and possum toss they are fun - you will see a place to bookmark them and then they will show up on the bottom of the screen

It takes awhile to learn it - but you will get it after awhile - just like lbt - it took me a while to figure it out..

Ok I am going to start giving tickets for offenses like eating unplanned treats or over doing a planned treat - or for making unhealthy food choices

OMG - That a brilliant idea - OK gang - I am going to give ticket (myself included) and depending how bad the offense was - we are all going to have to start exercise more to pay for those tickets !!!!

With every ticket you gotta exercise for an extra 20 minutes and just like a speeding the worse the offense the more you have to exercise :sad:

So how many pple did I just scare off with that one :)

You scared me!!! :) But can we have a get out of jail free card from you or at least have a pay ahead coupon for a future tickets. I did extra exercise today. I tried out my youngest daughters Wii fit Yoga for extra 30 minutes of exercise. It was fun but I think I will just use hers now and then instead of purchasing one.

Holly

April exercise 10/20

Banded 1/29/09

You scared me!!! :sad: But can we have a get out of jail free card from you or at least have a pay ahead coupon for a future tickets. I did extra exercise today. I tried out my youngest daughters Wii fit Yoga for extra 30 minutes of exercise. It was fun but I think I will just use hers now and then instead of purchasing one.

Holly

April exercise 10/20

Banded 1/29/09

No get out of jail free cards :)- Exercise in anticipation of over eating - ah - I don't know if that one will work - cuz you can't pre-burn calories - then that give you license to over eat - so no I don't think so :) - not that I want to make exercise a punishment just a something to add into your new lifestyle - if you wanta eat you gotta exercise - and we (fat chick's) can still have the tendacy to go back to our old ways - and once we get off track its so much harder for us to get back on ...

I played wii at my DS house last weekend - they don't have the fit part - just the game part -my 5 yr old gd kicked my butt..

TGIF everyone. I am down 2 lbs since last Friday - yeah. I have been sticking to eating Protein and veggies. Janet the ticket idea is scary...but maybe scare tactics will help us stay on the path.

The weather here is supposed to be nice and warm here this weekend. I am looking forward to it. Every since losing weight, I have been freezing all winter long and I am ready for some warmer weather.

Have a great weekend folks!

C.

TGIF everyone. I am down 2 lbs since last Friday - yeah. I have been sticking to eating Protein and veggies. Janet the ticket idea is scary...but maybe scare tactics will help us stay on the path.

The weather here is supposed to be nice and warm here this weekend. I am looking forward to it. Every since losing weight, I have been freezing all winter long and I am ready for some warmer weather.

Have a great weekend folks!

C.

Claudine

Yep we lose our insulation !!! I hope I am colder this summer :0) will help with the A/C bills :sad:

Congrats on your 2 lbs - That's great :)

I know that those losses help to keep the motivation going and yes staying away from carbs does help. I am far from an Atkins person - cuz I still do eat carbs/starches but not alot - and I don't count carbs in veggies or fruit..

Have a Great Weekend and enjoy your good weather..

Hugs

Janet

I will log in - in a few - I will send you invites to pathword and farming parking wars and possum toss they are fun - you will see a place to bookmark them and then they will show up on the bottom of the screen

It takes awhile to learn it - but you will get it after awhile - just like lbt - it took me a while to figure it out..

I have been gone pretty much since signing up so still have lots to learn. My son was helping me for a bit. Looks fun though. I've already reconnected with a few folks I hadn't talked to in a long time. Thanks for the invites (when I find them LOL).

My food for the day

BF - Kashi oatmeal 150 c

L - 1/2 c chick pot pie with just 1 bite of crust 200 C??

S - 2 oz of cold steak 170 C

D - 4 oz Fish - Spinach - Rice 320 c

S - 100 c popcorn - 1 sherbert cone - 16 oz crangrape jucie

460 snack

1300 cal for the day - that gives me 200 cal still to spend -(1500 -1900 is my calorie budget) - which will most likely be some oj for 100 - and more crangrape juice.. or a sf Jello pudding cup choc banana...

So No ticket's for me for the day :0)....

Eating on the lower end today - since I will be having a party and allowing for a few extra calories tomorrow -

My food for the day

BF - Kashi oatmeal 150 c

L - 1/2 c chick pot pie with just 1 bite of crust 200 C??

S - 2 oz of cold steak 170 C

D - 4 oz Fish - Spinach - Rice 320 c

S - 100 c popcorn - 1 sherbert cone - 16 oz crangrape jucie

460 snack

1300 cal for the day - that gives me 200 cal still to spend -(1500 -1900 is my calorie budget) - which will most likely be some oj for 100 - and more crangrape juice.. or a sf Jello pudding cup choc banana...

So No ticket's for me for the day :0)....

Eating on the lower end today - since I will be having a party and allowing for a few extra calories tomorrow -

How do you know how many calories you should be eating? So you have had the band for the long time how long did it take u to get to goal? what where your struggles?

Edited by 1day at a time

How do you know how many calories you should be eating? So you have had the band for the long time how long did it take u to get to goal? what where your struggles?

I have had my band for 21 month

- 7/17/09 will be 2 yrs

There are plenty of calculators where you input your weight height and activity level and it will tell you how many calories to eat to maintain that weight or lose or gain

I originally had one that said 1900 to maintain - but my trainer said no - that was too many - I think my doc said to add 100 calories week and see how you do.. It's trial and error really - and I am guesstimating - I am pretty good at it but it's not exact..

I got to goal 160 (was my original goal) in 10 months 5/8/08 that was 90 lbs lost - but I wanted 100 lbs lost and really wanted a normal bmi - I got to the 100 lbs in June 08 and on 7/24/08 I had a normal bmi (105 lbs lost weight 145 lbs) !!!! So 2 year 1 week

After that I just kept eating healthy and exercising and I lost the other 7 lbs - I really didn't keep track of it - it sorta just happened all on it;s own - I think 138-140 is my body's happy weight - a weight were I can eat normally enjoy a few treats and maintain - I think the very lowest I have gotten is 137 but have only been there once or 2 during the last few months and it's only for 1 day

Struggles - biggest one in the beginning and even today was knowing when I was physically full - I would sit after eating 1/2 cup and contemplate my stomach and how I felt -

I gotta say that was and still is my biggest struggle head hunger - which can and does manifest it's self into you thinking you are physically hungry even though you are full -

it's why food is our drug - we give it some and it wants more more more....

I do ok during the day - I get hungry yep - but for some reason during the day I can deal with it - it's at night where I have my problems - heck pre banding come home have 2 tacos - hr later 1 more with Beans - then 1/2 hr late fried cheese taco - and understand these tacos where full or grease avocado cheese - omg... Once I start eating at night it's very hard if not impossible to quit..

This is why I save my daytime Snacks for night time eating (my calorie budget)

Other than that - I gotta say it hasn't been that hard for me.. I think due to my age - having major surgery - I had my Ah Ha Moment - my fat was limiting my life - I was tried all the time - I ate & slept my weekends away - vacuuming the house would cause me to break out in a sweat.. I couldn't do anything without being exhausted..

Now I have more energy than my 18 yr gs..

Do I miss pigging out hell yes I miss it at times - but I feel to damn good to go back there - I still have treats - it's not like I am on a diet - I just changed my eating to lower fat - lower sugar and exercising -

I enjoy my healthy meals - I was never a fast food eater or big junk food eater - I just ate like I said very high fat - sugar - too big of portions and no exercise - I ate regular foods that I cooked just way too much of it..

At Christmas time it's tradition that I bake xmas Cookies w/my 2 Gd's - so how I dealt with this was I said no to ALL the treats in the office during the holidays - My reward was that I could have a few of the Cookies that I made with my GD's - it's was my trade off... That's how I do it -

If you want that 1 piece of cake tonite - then tomorrow you you gotta eat a little light and add a little more exercise in..

I had major issues with my family in 08and baby bro died - but gotta say during all these tragidites I didn't turn to food - it's still my drug of choice but I have found that it doesn't have the same hold on me any longer that it use to -

I quit making all the excuses at to why i couldn't do this or that - and I was great at it - "who in the hell said that 1/2 c of ice creams is a serving size" where in the hell did they come up with that - heck a serviing size is one pint ..

Hi guys,

Hey my Facebook is Denise French (Nashville network). I'd like to play some of those games. I didn't realize you could play games. I've reconnected with so many people from high school. It's funny.

Coconut rum, yum. I think I'll have one tonight. How many calories in rum? It taste good w/ Light Orange Tropicana drink.

Speaking of calories: 929 for the day + 1 rum drink.

B-protein bar 150; L-sauage patty 200, 1/2 c chili 97; D-chicken breat w/ cheese & squash 332; S-frozen granola yogurt-150. It that good?

A great place to get recipes is allrecipes.com, I think all our favorites recipes come from there. you can select your ingredients, do a search and voila!

Both of my SILs had their bands 5-6 years ago and no problems at all.

Wii dance dance revolution is good for exercise. I do that with my girls and you can build up a pretty good sweat and it's so much fun. Make sure you wear your socks though LOL.

Well that is about it and Julie I'm so glad to hear you are going home. A good nights sleep will do wonders because Lord knows hospital beds suck!!

Denise

Hi guys,

Hey my Facebook is Denise French (Nashville network). I'd like to play some of those games. I didn't realize you could play games. I've reconnected with so many people from high school. It's funny.

Coconut rum, yum. I think I'll have one tonight. How many calories in rum? It taste good w/ Light Orange Tropicana drink.

Speaking of calories: 929 for the day + 1 rum drink.

B-protein bar 150; L-sauage patty 200, 1/2 c chili 97; D-chicken breat w/ cheese & squash 332; S-frozen granola yogurt-150. It that good?

A great place to get recipes is allrecipes.com, I think all our favorites recipes come from there. you can select your ingredients, do a search and voila!

Both of my SILs had their bands 5-6 years ago and no problems at all.

Wii dance dance revolution is good for exercise. I do that with my girls and you can build up a pretty good sweat and it's so much fun. Make sure you wear your socks though LOL.

Well that is about it and Julie I'm so glad to hear you are going home. A good nights sleep will do wonders because Lord knows hospital beds suck!!

Denise

Good Morning Denise

I will send you a friend request.. Parking wars and farming and pathwords are my games and a little mafia too..

Yep you did good on your Calories...

I enjoyed the Wii but I don't know if I would do it at home - I just don't have time - and I'm not making excuses :0) cuz I already have my exercise schedule - see it's Sat morning and I was up at 5 so that I can get stuff done before I hit the gym this morning :0) ... It just cuz between lbt & fb and my tv show during the week I don't have the time to do the wii - well I guess I could if I wasn't on the computer so much - but it's a good transfer addiction and I get to make tons of new friends - and I love that - I think about you all so much during the day - You wouldn't beleive it.

Julie - how was it to sleep in your own bed or did you sleep in your recliner - how are you feeling today..

Well, Gang like I said I'm up a little extra early this morning to get stuff done - gym at 7 - then home shower, nails - shopping for tonites party and finish cleaning the house..

I will cbl - have a wonderful Saturday !!!

Denise - there are more than one of you in the Nashville network - so send me a freind request - janet wright inland empire network - and my avtar show up so you will recongize me :0)

Hello gang. I did alot better yesterday....no getting stuck it was so nice.

B - oatmeal

L - 1/2 cup chili with beaf

D - 3 oz sole, string Beans 1/2 cup rice

snack - sf Jello

The sole was great it melting in my mouth and I had no problems with it. I was so scared to eat. I made sure I ate very very slow took me over 45 min to eat my dinner .....but it worked.

Janet have a wondeful time tonight.

Everyone thank you for always being here for us new banders. Without you guys it would be very difficult.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Okay, Janet, checking in.........went to back dr yesterday........he told me not to walk on concrete till I build up my core muscles or I will be right back in pain again. Whatever, I am still gonna walk the neighborhood, but I have to start therapy on Monday. I'll learn some core muscle exercises.

Then I went to the GP.......I have a bladder infection.......I am allergic to most antibiotics , but I tried Levaquin. Wow,......thought I had the flu all night long. I'm afraid to take another one.

The fill gave me more restriction, but it is weird, I thought I would get stuck , and I haven't . I wonder if I could have stood to get more. Oh well, I go back the 14th for another fill. I hope I lose 4-5lbs by then.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend. It is pouring down rain on the Gulf Coast and I am watching Lifetime movies....kinda like it!