Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I lve reading everyone's postings, they are so motivating. I got banded about 2 years ago and had good success in the first 6 months but have been defeating my band since. I know it's phyco and I need to get back on the right path.

I lost 60lbs in the first year, (about half my goal weight) and have regained 15lbs over the last 4 months.

Although I have had some struggles I have also had success, such as using Nutrisystem meals when I travel to help with high Protein and Portion Control.< /p>

I hope you'll share any success tips you have had, especially with breaking the habit of flushing.

Thanks, John

Welcome back, Janet. It sounds like you had a fun trip. These teenagers really have me shaking my head. Two of my grandchildren are teens - GD is graduating from HS this year and GS is in 8th grade. We are still trying to figure out what motivates them... Love them dearly, but it's hard to figure out how to relate sometimes. I think they would probably sleep through the cruise, too. So glad you did not gain weight. I expected as much from you. I think you were bummed about the last trip you took and the resulting 3 pounds - determined not to repeat. I'm willing to bet you did not miss anything! Your physical exploits gave you all the excitement you needed!

Good to have you back.

Welcome back, Janet. It sounds like you had a fun trip. These teenagers really have me shaking my head. Two of my grandchildren are teens - GD is graduating from HS this year and GS is in 8th grade. We are still trying to figure out what motivates them... Love them dearly, but it's hard to figure out how to relate sometimes. I think they would probably sleep through the cruise, too. So glad you did not gain weight. I expected as much from you. I think you were bummed about the last trip you took and the resulting 3 pounds - determined not to repeat. I'm willing to bet you did not miss anything! Your physical exploits gave you all the excitement you needed!

Good to have you back.

JANET !!! WELCOME HOME !! THAT IS GREAT THAT YOU MAINTAINED YOUR WEIGHT ON THE TRIP...WTG !!

Charlene....prayers have been sent for your DIL and new baby boy. Anxios to hear how they are.

Joann...your quilts are GORGEOUS !!

Hi Everyone! Missed you all - again! I swear I haven't been avoiding the board. In fact, I've been doing pretty well since my last fill. 7 cc's in a 9 cc band provides me with that "sweet spot" f-i-n-a-l-l-y!!!!!

Ask me what did happen! No, don't, because you wouldn't believe it anyway. MY CEILING CAVED IN. After the earthquake 10+ years ago, we had the whole house redone and made safe, retrofitting, they call it. Well, we haven't had any major shakers here, but I was sitting in the family room about two weeks ago (You lose track of time when you're in total shock.) and I'm staring into the living room, because I hear a noise. I look up as the entire ceiling comes crashing down. Plaster, insulation, dirt, everything all over the place. I was hysterical, because if my grandson, if anyone, for that matter, had been in that room, they would have been killed!!!!!! The ceiling wasn't drywall, but plaster and cement!

Seems as though, my illustrious contractor, whom we paid to repipe, reinsulate, redo EVERYTHING took a few shortcuts!!! Insurance won't cover shoddy workmanship, so we are in the midst of trying to fight for a repair that was supposed to be taken care of way back then.

I don't know if it was nerves or a stomach virus but a few days later I just started having ALL the symptoms of a stomach flu. AWFUL! Well, there's two weeks of my life. Now I'm back and hopefully I can connect with all of you again and start living life a little less like a post traumatic stress survivor.

I'm going back to read all the messages I missed. Will talk to you all later.

Love,

Ellen

7 is heaven.

OMG ELLEN !!!!! How Terrible how scary !!! the repairs were done 10 yrs ago - I hope that contractor is still in business - go after his insurance - but going back that far is going to be hard - then go to the contractors state license board and file a complaint - you may get a itty bit of $$ from them... Hugs Hugs Hugs -

Welcome to all the new posters - John - what do you mean by flushing - drinking with your meals... Just don't do it !!!

Ok gang I ready the post earlier today - my memory isn't that good and tonite went to the gym... came home loaded the pic's and scanned some to - then had to catch up on my lucky #7 thread they were super chatty just trying to fill up pages for me to read when I got home :P !!!

it's 9 now I haven't eaten - and I really need to - so posting pics and will talk to you all in the morning...

More Pictures

And the last one - 2/07 Cruise where I could barely walk one lenght of the ships vs 3/09 Cruise where I repelled zipped lined swam with the dolphins - worked out in the gym- took the stairs and not the elevator (most days:lol:) Where I had more energy than the 18 yr olds !!!!

Caterpillar vs Butterfly !!!!

Wow, Janet, those pics are great! Looks like you had a fabulous time! That last picture (07 v. 09) says it all -- what a difference! Ellen, glad no one was hurt, what a terrible situation. Julie, hope your winter weather ends and you can enjoy some sunshine soon! Linda

Janet - you are a rock star! Great pictures, great body! Glad you had a wonderful time and did exactly what you wanted to this time around. No more couch potato for you!

Ellen!! How traumatic to have your ceiling fall down, right before your eyes! Bless your heart for not stopping right there. I would think house insurance would cover something on that. You were missed. Glad you are back and hopefully coping with it all.

Janet, lol your expression looked like the Water was cold when you hit it.. Love all the pics. But especially the Water one. Are you training for survivors??? You could win the million.

Didn’t make my exercise goal this month but did ok. Better than last month. I go in for another fill tomorrow. So, Tomato Soup day tomorrow. Onederland, here I come. Best wishes for all. Holly

March exercise 20/22

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

Good Morning Gang...

Thanks for the props... I feel so fantastic - there aren't enough words to describe how good I feel.

Charlene - How's your DIL and new Grandbaby ??

Holly - Ya the Water was cold :thumbup:- we were in the rainforest..

Took donkeys up then had a lot of climbing to do.. I would love to do survior - but don't think I have the people skills to do it and don't think I would like all the bug bites - and truly without the nutrition I don't think I could do all those challenges - Would like to do Amazing Race - but I dont know if I could bungie jump :P 20 out of 22 is very good that's 4 days a week - be proud - that's 20 more days than you did last year at this time...

Ok gang - I gotta get to work will CBL Hugs :biggrin:

Good Morning Gang...

Thanks for the props... I feel so fantastic - there aren't enough words to describe how good I feel.

Charlene - How's your DIL and new Grandbaby ??

Holly - Ya the Water was cold :mad2:- we were in the rainforest..

Took donkeys up then had a lot of climbing to do.. I would love to do survior - but don't think I have the people skills to do it and don't think I would like all the bug bites - and truly without the nutrition I don't think I could do all those challenges - Would like to do Amazing Race - but I dont know if I could bungie jump :biggrin: 20 out of 22 is very good that's 4 days a week - be proud - that's 20 more days than you did last year at this time...

Ok gang - I gotta get to work will CBL Hugs :cool2:

Janet, baby and DIL are better this morning. He weighed 6lb15ozs. He had a little Fluid on his lungs so he was in the NICU this morning. DIL passed her kidney stone last night so she is feeling much better. I haven't held him yet........maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for the good wishes, Everyone. I really appreciate all the support!

Janet, your pictures are absolutely fantabulous!!!! Thank you for reminding us that our goals have so much to do with fitness and health. Wouldn't it be great if we all get to a point where we could do these kinds of things together? By the way, you look incredible and you look sooooooooo happy?

Charlene, I'm hoping that DIL and child are doing well. It had to be scarey for you all. Please know that prayers were always coming your way.

Lori, SIZE 10 jeans! Like I said, "Would I even recognize you if I saw you again?" You are doing so much and so well. WOW!

Holly, good luck with your fill. This last one has made such a difference for me. I truly believe I started this journey this month, not 8 months ago when I was banded. Tomato Soup isn't so bad.

JoAnn, I've missed a lot all these months. Did you do the quilt behind your picture? It's beautiful. It seems like such a short time ago that you were talking about having your surgery. Look at you now!

Linda, thanks for the good wishes. Have you lost 50+ pounds since January? I am sooooo jealous and so motivated.

John, welcome to the board. I've been where you are, but this is the place to come to turn it all around. Also, "tweaking your band" helps a lot too. I never thought I would WANT to be tight, but now I know why the band is there!!!

Julie, I have yet to wear pants with a zipper. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Hope your weather is better and that spring is on the way.

Hi Kathy, Hi Phyl. How are you doing? Have to catch up on your previous posts. Missed you.

HI Emma! I don't think we've met. Nice to meet you.

OK, I'm really trying to catch up!!!!!!!!!! So nice to be back.

Talk to you all later.

Love,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

Nice to meet you. I am new to this post and still a beginner on the journal of weight loss. I am so sorry to hear about your ceiling. That sounds horrible. Thank God no one was in that room. I hope you could find the contractor and get this resolved. Keep us posted on it.

I have one more good news to share: I weighed myself again this morning and I've lost all the additional gained pounds. So I am now back to 217 lb again.

Still have one concern: I am three weeks two days post op now. I eat around 4 OZ of fish, half cup of tofu and 2-3 OZ of soft cooked vege each meal. Is this too much? Would this much food extend my pouch? Someone told me that we should not eat more than one cup otherwise we could extend the pouch and cause a slippage. Another person told me that since I haven't had any fills yet, thus I don't have a pouch yet.