Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

What a crazy ordeal we had here last night. DH was carjacked at gunpoint!

Dear Lori,

Thank God your husband is OK! I don't know what to say, except that I'm planning on saying a lot of prayers of thanks that he made it out of there safely.

Thanks for the words of welcome. It's nice to be back and nice to be feeling like my band and I are in control of my life again.

Feel better. I'll write again soon. Have to go and put my grandson to bed.

Love,

Ellen

Long, so glad your husband is okay and that you are there for him to lean on... It must have been an awful experience for him... Congrats on the weight loss... Funny how things come along to make you take stock of what's really important... food is way down on the list... Try to get your rest and recharge your battery.. Julie

Just checking in. Long, how are you this morning? You and your husband have been in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care!

Janet, well, that little challenge has been sobotaged by stuff beyond my control. It has rained most of the week....NO WALKING. My son had shoulder surgery and I started cooking for him. (HE is staying with us). I WILL get back on track because I get a fill on Monday and I need a loss on the scales. OKay.....enough excuses. You know, if I didn't have all of you LBT peeps......I wouldn't have anyone to share band stuff with..........Thanks!...to all of you for help.

Apples , Long, I put the coke in the roast........boy it was tender.

Good Morning Gang

How is everyone this morning....

Yes I'm up early - My little Angel doesn't know it's Saturday..

1 week to go til my cruise:thumbup: - was suppose to get my hair cut today - but my hair dresser called yesterday she's sick so I won't go til next Sat... Now just waiting for gym to open at 7...

Well, last night I ate 3 mini muffins to many !!!! So this morning the rest of them went in the trash !!!! I ate 3 then went back and got 3 more for a total of 6.... Not good....

I wasn't that bad calorie wise (bf - yogurt - lunch cobb salad - dinner fish/rice/spinach - snack popcorn and fudgecle)

It's the fact that I said screw it I don't care I want those muffins - I wanted to eat - really to go to sleep - sugar makes me sleepy and I tend to eat sugar at nite that's when I crave it the most... I had no control - so better in thee (trash) than in me...

So this morning I may just have to do 4 miles - to make up for those extra muffins - may just add 1/2 mile - we will see - I'm still not awake yet - sitting here w/my coffee..

Just checking in. Long, how are you this morning? You and your husband have been in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care!

Janet, well, that little challenge has been sobotaged by stuff beyond my control. It has rained most of the week....NO WALKING. My son had shoulder surgery and I started cooking for him. (HE is staying with us). I WILL get back on track because I get a fill on Monday and I need a loss on the scales. OKay.....enough excuses. You know, if I didn't have all of you LBT peeps......I wouldn't have anyone to share band stuff with..........Thanks!...to all of you for help.

Apples , Long, I put the coke in the roast........boy it was tender.

Good Morning Charlene.....

Well raining does make walking a little hard - so that's not an excuse - and truly I find that the week I don't exercise as hard or at all is when the scale drops the most - don't ask me why - some one gave a reason once (scienctific) but I don't remember what it was....

How's your baby boy doing - enjoying his mommy time...

My friends know about my band - heck I'm on TV so everyone knows - but it's diff here - only pple who have been banded understand our trials - Like I have always said only a fat chick can understand another fat chick - I gotta say that I am truly amazed at the freindships that I have made here that are going to last me a lifetime... Who would have thought 2 yrs ago I would be on the interenet meeting new pple - then meeting them in person....

Long - You and your family have been on my mind all night - Hugs & prayers.... xxoxox J

Long, glad your hubby is safe. God works in mysterious ways. I can empathize with you and your hubby. A couple of yrs ago my DD and her family was staying with me while their house was being finalized. DSIL went down to the corner station for something. Anyway it was pouring down rain and he seen a kid (teen) asking for a ride in this direction. He didn't think anything about it and gave the kid a lift. (distance to the station 1 mile) 3/4 of the way here the kid pulls a gun and wants his money. My SIL had spent what he had on him. He told the kid that and the kid started to get agitated and my SIL gave him his watch and cell phone. The kid got out of the car and took off on the side road. But the police here couldn't do a whole lot about it. Said this was the 3rd or 4th time this kid has done this. He finally got busted a couple of weeks later at the station when someone else called the police on him. Anyway it really shook SIL up along with the rest of us. SIL wouldn't let DD or me go out after dark even together.

If you can take on anymore, I would love for you to me my buddy. I am scheduled to get banded on 6/3. Started 244, current 230 goal is 160. I am on my second week for Optifast 800. I ate through all my bars and had to pick up some comprable.

Hello Marlinda- You dont know how happy I was when i came across your thread. Im from derby,ct and have been looking for someone from ct who could help and become my buddy/mentor through all this. I'm in the beginning stage of the lap band process. I havent even found a doctor yet. Well the one doctor i did call told me that i have to go through some testing before they will see me in their office. Is this true? I feel as if they should see me and then referre me to the different types of testing. Please help me out, just have alot of questions and concerns. PS i hope everything went well for you and your lapband.

Thanks

B

Hi Everyone!

Lori, I've been thinking about you non-stop. I'm still stuck in this naive belief that this "stuff" is not supposed to happen, but it does and it doesn't just happen to someone else! It happens everywhere. OK, I'm showing my age, when I say, "What is this world coming to?" When I grew up in New England, we left the doors unlocked; we played outside; we walked to school; the police didn't give tickets at Christmas time, they wished everyone a happy holiday and gave them a warning; people came to the door with cakes when someone new moved in and carjackings were absolutely unheard of.

Hope you and hubby take it easy today and stay close. He was so blessed to come out of this OK. Please concentrate on that blessing today.

Lori, I forgot to congratulate you on your weight loss. Congratulations!!!!! Have you posted any new pictures of yourself? :thumbup:

My grandson just inserted the smiley face and wants to do another. So here's another from him. :w00t:

Have to go now, but will be back soon.

Love,

Ellen

Janet, thanks for sharing your story about the muffins. It makes me realize that if someone who's been as successful as you still deals with the issues everyday, then I shouldn't get depressed or feel all is lost when I have to climb my own mountains.

Love,

Ellen

OMG Lori - how freaking scary - Oh I am so glad that that cop came by and I agree - God protecting your DH - How is he - I know he's a man and has to act all brave - but when my DS got carjacked and shot at last yr it scared the crap out of him..

So one got killed but the other one got away????? Oh Hugs GF - how awful !!

Congrats on that weight loss - That's fantastic... I will have to ck out your ticker - you are doing GREAT !!!

OMW 112 LBS GONE - WTG !!!!

Doing fine this morning. The other bad guy didn't get away, he was shot too, but didn't die and was taken to an area hospital is all I know. they haven't realized his identity yet. And now the media is making it sound like there's too many questions regarding the incident. Both bad guys had a gun on DH, the one that was killed they said had multiple gun shot wounds and it's unclear if the bad guys fired their weapons. HUH? So are the cops supposed to wait to be fired at first? They had a gun to DH's head! DH thought the cops showed incredible restraint before shooting. I guess since this one is personal I am a little more opinionated! I for one am glad they did what they did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not glad someone is dead, but I'm glad they saved my husband and the bad guys didn't win this one and get away to harm someone else.

Long - it's good to hear from you this morning. I hope things begin to calm down for you soon. You have been in my thoughts all night. My DH was upset, too... I've never worried about being out alone at night, but he has begun to object recently. We've even had incidents during the afternoons at local malls and other retail parking lots - new for this area... DH works at a large sporting goods retailer - in the hunting department. He is amazed at the increase in gun sales among ordinary people who are concerned about their families' safety. I can't say I blame them.

A big WTG on your continuing weight loss! Especially considering your stress level these days. In earlier times you might have been eating everything in sight. I know I would be! Keep it up, GF!

Joann, DH's incident happened in broad daylight at 4 in the afternoon. They had done an armed robbery about 2 blocks from my house and were fleeing that when they hit a curb and some trees, taking out their front tire and were driving on the rim when they tried to carjack DH. We just went through that intersection and DH was pointing out where everything went down, could see the marks in the street and stuff. Scary stuff. DH got a new hunting rifle a month or so ago since his jammed and was unrepairable. The Bass Pro sales guy said that gun sales were really up as well as ammunition sales, they attributed it to the election and change in power in the White House. All I know is that the ammunition for his new rifle doubled in price since Oct. to Jan or so. As for my losses, I can't figure it out, I have had a few extras here and there the past week or so but the key word is few, in the past I would've binged, the band prevents that. Also have only worked out once in almost 2 weeks so I guess that supports what Janet mentioned earlier about losing more on non workout weeks. But that doesn't mean the workouts are stopping by no means. I will for sure be back at it by Tues. My parents are leaving by then at the latest.

Ellen, I did post pics in this thread a while ago when I hit 100 lbs lost, so if you are catching up you should see them eventually. It was probably a month or so ago.

OMW...how am I EVER going to catch up with all of you? Stepped away for a couple of days (trying to do things ahead of time so when I leave for Vegas for a week, I don't have to worry).

WELCOME BACK ELLEN! I've missed you! Sounds like your life has been a struggle the last couple of months and you came through it with only a 4lb gain? Not so bad. Happy to hear you are back on track and do things for YOU for once. It's so important. I did not get that until about 1/2 way through my weight loss journey. I know the most important thing for me to do for myself is 7-8 hours of sleep (I think I need to talk to that mother of your, Long!). So happy you are back in our group.

Long...how frightening! So happy DH came through it unscathed. Also, looking forward and wishing for you to get back some normalcy in your life. I bet you would just like an evening of sitting on the couch with DH? Congrats on the continued weight loss through all of this.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Ours is a working one. Yep, getting ready to get in the field. Will be May 1 - May 15 when we finally get in but lots of shop work, etc. b/4 that time. Our snow drifts are still pretty high but 30 degrees today and they are shrinking.

Just got done baking chocolate chip/sour cream bars with butterscotch frosting. Neighbors did a remodel on their kitchen and are painting today so going to take them over. Also have a stew in the crockpot that I will take. Do unto others............that's the way our neighborhood is.

Still struggling and not gaining. I have NO clue why and wish I did. I am really having a tough time getting the 2000-2500 cals a day that I believe I need to get a little of my weight put back on. scale has moved in the direction I didn't want it to...down two pounds. Damn! (sorry). Soooooooooooooo...putting two extra scoops of cappacino mix in the coffee, extra gravy on the meat, ate a huge bar that I made today, just really, really staying on task and it's hard work. Who would a thought???????????????????? Thank God I kept my boobs. (able to salvage them out at 36DD). At least I don't look terribly scrawny. DH says I look wonderful and he would be the first to be honest with me. DH sees what I eat each day and is also amazed. Like some of you told me a couple of weeks ago...maybe my body just likes it here at this weight? I feel good, been checked out a few times by doc and he gave me the OK. Just perplexed.

Edited by Apples2

Lori, I just saw your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!!! You look so young. You have a great waistline! Wow! Dr. Phil couldn't do it, but you did!!!!! Congratulations!

Love,

Ellen

Hello Marlinda- You dont know how happy I was when i came across your thread. Im from derby,ct and have been looking for someone from ct who could help and become my buddy/mentor through all this. I'm in the beginning stage of the lap band process. I havent even found a doctor yet. Well the one doctor i did call told me that i have to go through some testing before they will see me in their office. Is this true? I feel as if they should see me and then referre me to the different types of testing. Please help me out, just have alot of questions and concerns. PS i hope everything went well for you and your lapband.

Thanks

B

Barb - Marlinda hasn't posted on this thread since she posted that post asking me to be her band buddy... I'm not in CT - but California :0) But heres some answers to your questions#1 - I agree you should see the surgeon and they shoud tell you what you need and help you get it set up.

Janet, thanks for sharing your story about the muffins. It makes me realize that if someone who's been as successful as you still deals with the issues everyday, then I shouldn't get depressed or feel all is lost when I have to climb my own mountains.

Love,

Ellen

Ellen- Nope - Don't get depressed you are not alone - I am no super woman - I struggle with food daily- I want that candy bar everytime I am in the check out line - I am hungry often - I don't always want to go and exercise - I struggle - but I guess I know that if I do eat that candy everytime I am in the check out line and if I skip too many exercise session - I won't feel as good as I do now about myself - So that keeps me on track most of the time

Doing fine this morning. The other bad guy didn't get away, he was shot too, but didn't die and was taken to an area hospital is all I know. they haven't realized his identity yet. And now the media is making it sound like there's too many questions regarding the incident. Both bad guys had a gun on DH, the one that was killed they said had multiple gun shot wounds and it's unclear if the bad guys fired their weapons. HUH? So are the cops supposed to wait to be fired at first? They had a gun to DH's head! DH thought the cops showed incredible restraint before shooting. I guess since this one is personal I am a little more opinionated! I for one am glad they did what they did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not glad someone is dead, but I'm glad they saved my husband and the bad guys didn't win this one and get away to harm someone else.

Long - it's always diff when it's your family member involved - I learned that one a long time ago - if those pple who are complaining about the cops - where the ones with the gun to their head - they to would be counting the cops praises.

Jhave only worked out once in almost 2 weeks so I guess that supports what Janet mentioned earlier about losing more on non workout weeks. But that doesn't mean the workouts are stopping by no means. I will for sure be back at it by Tues..

Long No the workouts can't stop all together - its just that if for a week you don't get it in - that;s the week that the loss will show up - Yes you have to continue working out - that and our eating healthy are things we have to do for the rest of our lives

OMW...how am I EVER going to catch up with all of you? Stepped away for a couple of days (trying to do things ahead of time so when I leave for Vegas for a week, I don't have to worry).

WELCOME BACK ELLEN! I've missed you! Sounds like your life has been a struggle the last couple of months and you came through it with only a 4lb gain? Not so bad. Happy to hear you are back on track and do things for YOU for once. It's so important. I did not get that until about 1/2 way through my weight loss journey. I know the most important thing for me to do for myself is 7-8 hours of sleep (I think I need to talk to that mother of your, Long!). So happy you are back in our group.

Long...how frightening! So happy DH came through it unscathed. Also, looking forward and wishing for you to get back some normalcy in your life. I bet you would just like an evening of sitting on the couch with DH? Congrats on the continued weight loss through all of this.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Ours is a working one. Yep, getting ready to get in the field. Will be May 1 - May 15 when we finally get in but lots of shop work, etc. b/4 that time. Our snow drifts are still pretty high but 30 degrees today and they are shrinking.

Just got done baking chocolate chip/sour cream bars with butterscotch frosting. Neighbors did a remodel on their kitchen and are painting today so going to take them over. Also have a stew in the crockpot that I will take. Do unto others............that's the way our neighborhood is.

Still struggling and not gaining. I have NO clue why and wish I did. I am really having a tough time getting the 2000-2500 cals a day that I believe I need to get a little of my weight put back on. scale has moved in the direction I didn't want it to...down two pounds. Damn! (sorry). Soooooooooooooo...putting two extra scoops of cappacino mix in the coffee, extra gravy on the meat, ate a huge bar that I made today, just really, really staying on task and it's hard work. Who would a thought???????????????????? Thank God I kept my boobs. (able to salvage them out at 36DD). At least I don't look terribly scrawny. DH says I look wonderful and he would be the first to be honest with me. DH sees what I eat each day and is also amazed. Like some of you told me a couple of weeks ago...maybe my body just likes it here at this weight? I feel good, been checked out a few times by doc and he gave me the OK. Just perplexed.

Apples I have missed your daily menu :thumbup: It's cuz you are so darn active - that's what it is - you alreay were go go go before the weight lost - well not you must be in super gear..

I lost the boobs - deflated to the max - like the rest of my body - but I wear the sag well - it my badge of honor for all the work it took to lose the weight - I'll take the sag over the fat any day..