Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey everyone ~ FINALLY, today was my last day at work until Mar. 24th. Thank God! I don't think I could have handled one more day, without committing suicide or homocide. I'm going to veg out all night and then tomorrow, work on my paper and pack for my trip on Saturday. I need a break. I feel like a weight/mountain has been lifted off of me, just for awhile - that's all I need - a few quick breaths of air and I can make it.

I got my first fill today and back on liquids, then mushie and back to food. Everything went well - course I really don't know what to expect.

Janet - I'm fine, just a little melt down, but I see a little light shining through the horizon. Well everyone have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.

Hey everyone ~ FINALLY, today was my last day at work until Mar. 24th. Thank God! I don't think I could have handled one more day, without committing suicide or homocide. I'm going to veg out all night and then tomorrow, work on my paper and pack for my trip on Saturday. I need a break. I feel like a weight/mountain has been lifted off of me, just for awhile - that's all I need - a few quick breaths of air and I can make it.

I got my first fill today and back on liquids, then mushie and back to food. Everything went well - course I really don't know what to expect.

Janet - I'm fine, just a little melt down, but I see a little light shining through the horizon. Well everyone have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.

Sharon

Glad to hear you had a better day and now going to have some time off - We all need time to recharge...

Glad no issue with your fill - that's good and hopefully it will give you some restriction -

I understand melt down - I was just concerned - now feeling better - didn't want all that crap overwhelm you so that you would go and eat a bag of candy or gallon of ice cream :0)

Good Morning:

Am I the first on? I been up with a chest cold. Haven’t exercised for a few days because of it. Last night on the news it said if your sick from the neck up go ahead and exercise but from the neck down skip it. I think I will do some weight lifting at the least. Linda sorry about your fill drama. Mine went good but I was sore and bruised for next few days.

I am worried I have been eating more than usual last two days I have had 1400 calories each day. Healthy food though.

Have a good Friday the 13th. Holly

Banded 1/29/09

Exercise 7/22

Good Morning:

Am I the first on? I been up with a chest cold. Haven’t exercised for a few days because of it. Last night on the news it said if your sick from the neck up go ahead and exercise but from the neck down skip it. I think I will do some weight lifting at the least. Linda sorry about your fill drama. Mine went good but I was sore and bruised for next few days.

I am worried I have been eating more than usual last two days I have had 1400 calories each day. Healthy food though.

Have a good Friday the 13th. Holly

Banded 1/29/09

Exercise 7/22

Good Morning Holly - I was up at 4:20 (my little fur baby had to go potty and she sleeps w/me and can't or should I say won't jump off the bed - wakes me up to take her out) I got on line but ck'd out where the long term parking is at the Port of Los Angeles - programed my navigation system - figured out what tips and parking is going to cost... Now I'm at work - getting ready to start my day !!!

I think going to the gym when you don't feel well is really up to you and how sick you feel - I didn't go a week ago wed when I 1st came down with whatever I have/had - I have gone with head cold - thankfully haven't had anything major sickens wise since being banded.

Calorie - 1400 isn't that bad and feed a cold - starve a fever :thumbup: - or is it starve a cold - feed a fever :thumbup: and sometime those extra calories will bump up the weight loss..

Well - I didn't have my fish last night ended up having eggbeaters (1/2 cup 60 cal) and bacon (4 slice 70 cal) and a little cheese 70 cal) popcorn & fudgecicle... and 3 mini muffins.. made with applesauce & egg beater - 140 cals

Hope you feel better Holly - I know that this cold allergies is a pain in the tush - but gotta say its almost gone...

CBL:wink:

HI Friends,

It's been MONTHS since I've posted and I must admit that I've missed you all. Life got so hectic here that I could hardly breathe. Hubby ill; parents here and ill on and off; still taking care of my grandson. Somewhere in there I got lost. I didn't go for fills; I didn't take care of myself and I didn't check in here where I could have gotten support.

Well, I don't know what happened this week, but there was a turnaround. I bottomed out emotionally and just couldn't take being everything to everyone anymore. I made an appointment for a fill, told my parents we needed more help in the house and told hubby that I needed more TLC. (Brave of me, indeed.)

I went for the fill and told the doctor that he REALLY needed to listen to me. I have NO restriction and haven't had any since my band surgery. I could eat two Bagels, if I chose, and not have the least little problem!!!!! He finally heard me and I now have 7 cc's in my Realize band. I've lost 5 pounds in two days, which I know is mostly Water weight, but it sure feels good.

It's like I'm starting all over again, but that's fine. I must admit the band must have done something, because through my whole ordeal I only put on 4 pounds. Good, but I finally want more for myself.

Well, I have to run. Not everything has changed. (LOL) Later I'm going back to read all the posts I missed in these last few months. I'm just going to leave my computer on at this web site and keep coming in here whenever I can.

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Ellen

P.S. First lesson learned: If I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anyone else!

Welcome back Ellen. You are right. You have to take care of yourself first before anyone else. Your back on track and that is awesome.:thumbup: Keep posting so we can help you any way we can.

HI Friends,

It's been MONTHS since I've posted and I must admit that I've missed you all. Life got so hectic here that I could hardly breathe. Hubby ill; parents here and ill on and off; still taking care of my grandson. Somewhere in there I got lost. I didn't go for fills; I didn't take care of myself and I didn't check in here where I could have gotten support.

Well, I don't know what happened this week, but there was a turnaround. I bottomed out emotionally and just couldn't take being everything to everyone anymore. I made an appointment for a fill, told my parents we needed more help in the house and told hubby that I needed more TLC. (Brave of me, indeed.)

I went for the fill and told the doctor that he REALLY needed to listen to me. I have NO restriction and haven't had any since my band surgery. I could eat two Bagels, if I chose, and not have the least little problem!!!!! He finally heard me and I now have 7 cc's in my Realize band. I've lost 5 pounds in two days, which I know is mostly Water weight, but it sure feels good.

It's like I'm starting all over again, but that's fine. I must admit the band must have done something, because through my whole ordeal I only put on 4 pounds. Good, but I finally want more for myself.

Well, I have to run. Not everything has changed. (LOL) Later I'm going back to read all the posts I missed in these last few months. I'm just going to leave my computer on at this web site and keep coming in here whenever I can.

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Ellen

P.S. First lesson learned: If I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anyone else!

Ellen - HUGS AND WELCOME BACK !!!!

Yep - it's all about you and if you don't take care of yourself - you can't take care of others - and care givers need support...

I'm so happy you are back !!!!

Hugs Janet

Well I am on my 4th day post op of the band. All went well except for the shoulder gass stuff- I am confused however not that I am on fluids- don't know how much I should drink Soup or Water. My past I was a guzzler and I wonder if I had some specific amounts it might help me. My stomach stlll feel s really bloted and they also fixed my hernia- when I drink soup I hear my stomcah making all kinds of noises. I am already fighting off th emental hunger vocies but am not sure how much Fluid is too much?

ANy advice welcomed and thanks for being there!

Well I am on my 4th day post op of the band. All went well except for the shoulder gass stuff- I am confused however not that I am on fluids- don't know how much I should drink Soup or Water. My past I was a guzzler and I wonder if I had some specific amounts it might help me. My stomach stlll feel s really bloted and they also fixed my hernia- when I drink soup I hear my stomcah making all kinds of noises. I am already fighting off th emental hunger vocies but am not sure how much Fluid is too much?

ANy advice welcomed and thanks for being there!

Hi Marty

How much can you drink/eat of your soup 1/2 cup a 1/4 cup a whole cup? I was on full liquids (cream soups) when I got home from the hospital - I ate about 1/2 cup at that time - everyone is different - I am surprised that your doc didn't give you instructions - did you get a binder or anything - if so - pull it out and ck in there - My doc gave me a binder with all my instructions on each food phase etc...

I had bad gas pains too - have you tried the melt in your mouth gas x strips?? They help and so does walking.

And yes you are hungry that's normal - being on liquids isn't easy cuz we all what to chew foods - but please follow your doc's instructions as you are healing and you do not want to damage your band while your stiches (holding the band in place) heal...

I don't know if any of you have seen this - but thought I would give you all a heads up - Post from Alex from last night - IT ONLY MEANS THE SITE WILL BE DOWN SUNDAY NITE....

LapBandTalk.com is Moving!

LapBandTalk.com will be migrating it’s service to a new infrastructure over the weekend.

Lately, LapBandTalk.com has experienced a large increase in traffic. We’ve optimized the current servers to run as good as they’re capable of, yet the constant increase in traffic requires us to upgrade to our new infrastructure.

The new environment will allow us to grow with our traffic. Instantly. We have spent many weeks designing and testing the new infrastructure and are confident that your experience will be more consistent, and greatly improved.

We will begin the transition this Sunday at 12:00AM EST, at which time LapBandTalk.com will become unavailable.

The entire migration should take between 4 and 6 hours, and will be fully operational on its return.

Once the move has been completed, we are going to activate an e-mail address for bug reports. Should you notice any issues with site loading, posting, uploading, chat, etc. we urge you to report the issue to bugs@lapbandtalk.com with full details on the issue, as well as a URL if available.

Supporting Each Other,

The LapBandTalk Team

Alex

- LBT Founder

---------------

Banded in NYU by Dr. Ren

7/17/03 257 Lbs

Currently 156 Lbs

Edited by IndioGirl55

Ellen, Welcome back!!! I've missed you!!! Am so glad you are putting yourself back out front. Yes, you must take care of you so you can care for others!

What a crazy ordeal we had here last night. DH was carjacked at gunpoint! Just as they carjackers got him out of his car with a gun to his head some off duty officers just happened upon the scene and ordered DH to the ground and started firing at the bad guys. One was killed not sure about the other. I don't feel the officers was a coincidence but God's provision and protection for DH and am feeling truly blessed today to have DH home and all in one piece. Our car still has police tape on it and you can see where they dusted for finger prints. This is on top of the added stress of my parents visit, Grandma moving and me getting sick wtih a chest cold/cough. I am just exhausted and have plans for a good nights sleep tonight. On the bright side, I have lost 7 lbs in the past 8 days! Ever since my tweak of a fill last week I've lost a pound a day everyday but one. I am just thrilled after my month of not losing and am 113 lbs down now! I will be back checking in more regularly after Tues. next week when life returns to normal (I think).

Ellen, Welcome back!!! I've missed you!!! Am so glad you are putting yourself back out front. Yes, you must take care of you so you can care for others!

What a crazy ordeal we had here last night. DH was carjacked at gunpoint! Just as they carjackers got him out of his car with a gun to his head some off duty officers just happened upon the scene and ordered DH to the ground and started firing at the bad guys. One was killed not sure about the other. I don't feel the officers was a coincidence but God's provision and protection for DH and am feeling truly blessed today to have DH home and all in one piece. Our car still has police tape on it and you can see where they dusted for finger prints. This is on top of the added stress of my parents visit, Grandma moving and me getting sick wtih a chest cold/cough. I am just exhausted and have plans for a good nights sleep tonight. On the bright side, I have lost 7 lbs in the past 8 days! Ever since my tweak of a fill last week I've lost a pound a day everyday but one. I am just thrilled after my month of not losing and am 113 lbs down now! I will be back checking in more regularly after Tues. next week when life returns to normal (I think).

OMG Lori - how freaking scary - Oh I am so glad that that cop came by and I agree - God protecting your DH - How is he - I know he's a man and has to act all brave - but when my DS got carjacked and shot at last yr it scared the crap out of him..

So one got killed but the other one got away????? Oh Hugs GF - how awful !!

Congrats on that weight loss - That's fantastic... I will have to ck out your ticker - you are doing GREAT !!!

OMW 112 LBS GONE - WTG !!!!

:scared2::eek::crying::eek::heart:

Haven't you had enough drama for one week????

Good Grief!! Carjacking!!! You oughta drop 10 lb tomorrow!!

That's too scary!

36_6_12.gif

OMG!......I am so glad your husband was not hurt. How scary for him. What is up with all this crime? The guy they caught the other night near our neighborhood not only carjacked someone that morning, but he also had kidnapped and murdered a sales clerk from Catherines. Girl, I will pray for your husband and you. That kind of ordeal is hard to get out of your mind. Please take care of yourself!

Long - I'm with Phyll - don't you have enough drama right now? Bless his heart - your DH must have been so scared. Thank God those cops were in the right place at the right time. Take special care of him, Long - he needs to know how special he is to you.