Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what about gas?????? help!

I am embarrassed but have to ask. Has anyone been experiencing the gas down under? I'm not talking about the gas right after surgery either. I don't think it's what I'm eating and obviously real concerned and embarrassed about this. Someone told me that she's heard this with gastric bypass patients, and that people take something that really helps control the gas. Anyone there who can help. Thanks

i wish i could help, but i am in the same boat. i have tried gas x strips and pills, rolaids multisymptom, nothing works so far. i feel for you, though!!!

I am about 7 weeks post op and have the same problem... it is terrible!! I am so afraid that this will be an ongoing issue for the rest of my life, like some of the postings that I have read here. It is so embarrassing, I just want to crawl under a rock sometimes!!! I have only tried Phazyme, but it really doesn't help that much.

Maybe one of you veteran bandster can answer if this is the way it is going to be??:wink2:

I took 2 gas x strips today before a jazzercise class. Thank god it worked. The fun ny thing is someone else let it rip and noone turned or looked around. Just ignored it. But believe me it was so on my mind.

My mother takes beano for gas and swears by it. I'll have to try it.

I HAD the same problem spoke to my surgeon who advised when people normally need to empy bowles -- should say it is a sign that people need to empy their bowles it is common that this happens, he told me too eat more fibre and i take benefibre and eat prunes every day or every second, no problems since.

16 days post-op -- I'm having a somewhat similar problem, not gas expelling from "below", but that full feeling in my chest. Happened yesterday about an hour after lunch, I wasn't really sure it was gas (thought maybe I'd eaten too fast and my food was stuck) and I didn't have anything with me at work to take, and it went away after about an hour. Then lastnight I woke up in the middle of the night with the same full feeling in my chest. Since it had been hours since I ate, I was worried, and wondered if I was having a heart attack.... but I stood up to go to the bathroom and as soon as I stood up I let out a big burp and the pain in my chest went almost completely away and was gone within about 10 minutes. I think I'm going to have to start experimenting with some of the gas relievers on the store shelf!

I get gas when I'm stressed, when I eat certain veggies, with Peanut Butter, some cereals, etc. Seems that it is now just part of my life. I like GasX strips. I believe I may be buying stock in the company :(.

My problem right now, and I believe its gas, is that I feel like I have to burp and I get this tightness in my chest but I can't. Within the hour I'll get this terrible pain in my left shoulder that I can't stand. Any suggestions?

My problem right now, and I believe its gas, is that I feel like I have to burp and I get this tightness in my chest but I can't. Within the hour I'll get this terrible pain in my left shoulder that I can't stand. Any suggestions?

sometimes if I sit up straight and lean forward, kinda crunching my tummy up, it helps me burp. I have the same problem. Sometimes it lasts half the day and I feel like I can't eat a thing!

I have so much gas they are gonna start callin me Exxon! I get the kind that doesn't want to leave my body and lingers and cramps for a while.

I get the WORST shoulder pain I have ever felt in my life. It feels like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder and digging the knife in. I am so glad that I found this thread, because I was just about to start my own. I have tried Pepcid AC, Tums, GasX strips, walking....nothing works. It seems to get worse after I eat, and then improves just in time for me to eat again. It feels worst when I take a deep breath. I have been trying to pay attention to which foods cause the worst pain, but at this point everything seems to cause it. Last night the pain was so bad I had to go to bed, and I was crying. My mom massaged my shoulder for a few minutes and that made it feel better but as soon a she stopped the pain came right back. Then, all of a sudden the pain was gone. About five minutes later I had to *ahem* pass gas about 5 times and then I felt fine. I just dont know what to do to get it to stop. Will I have this forever? Help...its just so painful!

I'm first day out and mine is merciless

just ask my poor hub..

so far I've tried Mylanta, gas-x strips and still my tummy looks like a basketball and I could probably bounce a 1/4 BRICK off of....

Home Remedies for Gas - My Home Remedies - Home Remedy Forum

I was just looking at that web site might try some of it

once my band heals

I know for sure I'm going back into yoga

Some posters here are confusing the different types of gas. The post surgery gas in your sides and shoulders are not what OP was referring to. Lets talk about those is different threads (of which there are hundreds).

OP was asking about the gas below (lets just call it what it is: farting). Like OP I have become a fart machine and I really would like some good answers. I've tried beano but it makes me feel awful. I've tried eating the Protein foods first followed by the veggies but the results aren't much different. I've had to cut way back on milk even though I never had a problem with it before. Now if you put some milk in me you do not want to be standing behind me.

Any other suggestions for THIS type of gas would be mucho appreciado. :lol:

I thought what we were talking about was flatulence

which I found out at the hospital

that apple juice is NOT my friend

I could actually SEE my stomach bloat before mine and my hub's very eyes