Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for June 17th

Wow, so I talked to my doctor's office today and my surgery is scheduled for June 17th. (I'm a teacher and finish June 13th.) I'm scared, excited, nervous, anxious. I'm a self pay patient and hadn't even considered this surgery until the middle of April, so this has all been REALLY fast. I have nutrition class on Monday and my physical on Tuesday...then it will be on the high Protein diet. I'm at the point where I just really don't know what to feel...it's too many emotions at one time. I've enjoyed reading all of your stories, they are very inspiring. Does anyone know where I can find a good list of foods to have in the house for after surgery (or do you think they will give me one). Thanks so much!

:scared2:

Jennifer

7_5_142.gif Congrats! Ask your Dr. about after surgery. I have found out all drs. are different. My dr has a strick regement of 2 weeks of liquids and broths and popcicles and a few protien shakes if needed. 2 weeks of thick liquids such as creamed Soups and tomatoe juices and baby food consistancy foods, then 2 weeks mushy or cut with your fork foods, So I have all sort of Soups and brothes, jellos and puddings, cottage cheese. I blen my own foods for the thick liquids. Just talk to your dr. I am self pay also so things do move quickly! Bless you and good luck on your journey

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

17th here too! I am so ready!!!

I am pretty sure they will give you a food list at your nutrition class.

Congrats on your date! I am a teacher too, and had my surgery on May 15. I had two weeks sick leave, so it has helped. There is a list of suggested* foods on the nutrition/food thread. My dr. had me on a 2 week liquid diet, and then 1 week of liquid post op and now I am on mushies.. loose oatmeal, Jello, pudding, creme Soup... It's not so bad, it will be easier for you since you won't be at work. I too, am self pay, so it does go quick. I started on 2/29 and my surgery was 5/15.

Good Luck!

Hey there Jennifer,

I'm a teacher too and my date is also June 17th! I could have had it done this month, but I didn't want to do it during the school year. My nutrionist gave me a list of foods I could eat pre-op and post-op until I'm healed. I have a hand-written calendar and list that I'll be typing up this weekend. If you want to see it, I'd be happy to send it your way when it's finished. I'm so list-oriented, I feel like I want a calendar and list taped to my fridge to remind me exactly what I can have and on which days.

We are out of school on June 3rd, so I'll have a few weeks to fret!

Donna

Hey Everyone! Donna, I'd love to see your sheet once it's typed up. I'm completely a list person as well...how neat that three of us will be being banded the same day. We'll be able to compare progress and stories :scared2: It will be great to have someone exactly at the same place I am!!! Thanks so much to everyone for all of your support and help!

Edited by iteachurkid

Wow there are alot of us teachers getting banded. I am suppose to get my date next week but it is suppose to be around the same time. Good luck to you all. Are you guys as nervous as I am. One minute i'm fine and the next minute scared to death. Let me know how you do. I'll be praying for all of you.:scared2:

Wow there are alot of us teachers getting banded. I am suppose to get my date next week but it is suppose to be around the same time. Good luck to you all. Are you guys as nervous as I am. One minute i'm fine and the next minute scared to death. Let me know how you do. I'll be praying for all of you.:lol:

This sums me up in one sentence...I feel the exact same way. I wasn't planning on telling people I was having the surgery, but now having a date, I found myself telling a couple people at work. I figure I can come back in September and (hopefully) have people wonder what happened to me :biggrin:

Hey there Jennifer,

I'm a teacher too and my date is also June 17th! I could have had it done this month, but I didn't want to do it during the school year. My nutrionist gave me a list of foods I could eat pre-op and post-op until I'm healed. I have a hand-written calendar and list that I'll be typing up this weekend. If you want to see it, I'd be happy to send it your way when it's finished. I'm so list-oriented, I feel like I want a calendar and list taped to my fridge to remind me exactly what I can have and on which days.

We are out of school on June 3rd, so I'll have a few weeks to fret!

Donna

I would love to have the list too! I don't get to go to the nutritionist until next week.

This sums me up in one sentence...I feel the exact same way. I wasn't planning on telling people I was having the surgery, but now having a date, I found myself telling a couple people at work. I figure I can come back in September and (hopefully) have people wonder what happened to me :thumbup:

I am not nervous or scared, I am super excited! But I wasn't going to really tell anyone either. But I figured they are all going to notice & who cares if they know or not. Not one person has said something negative about it. Even if they do, it is my health that is at risk by not doing it. Everyone has been very supportive. I can hardly contain my excitement about it anyway.

I am also scheduled for June 17th!! I'm very anxious about the liquids but, we have to do it. My Dr. is 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mush and then gradually easing back to the high protien. I am only taking off from work 3 days and then working from home 2, so technically I have a week to get myself back into shape. This will be great for the teachers who have the summer to recoup and settle into to the new routine. God Bless us all and Good Luck!!

Vinnie, congrats on your surgery date. June 17th will be my one year bandiversary. It's been one of the best years of my life. A definite journey...one I'd take over again in a heart beat! I wish you all the success in the world! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!!

:thumbup:

Jennifer