Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. Got my lapband in January. I have had four fills and am seeking help to know what is normal or not. I find that I haven't been losing weight since my last visit and can not eat solid foods well. After a couple bites I get a golf ball feeling and eventually throw up. I end up wanting only liquids and they are ussually milk shakes and other drinks high in calories.

I believe that I probably need an unfil, but am worried about going back to gaining.

Any advise or support would be great.

hello First question is how long has it been since your lst fill??

maybe if it's only been a short time to do like the full liquid diet with purred meats. But if has been a while I would definitely call your doctor

cause it may be to tight. I'm a newbie but have several close friends that have had these problems and what the doc did. Good Luck I hope you fill better soon.

Sheenah:thumbup:

What made you feel like you needed the fourth fill? What size band do you have? How much do you have in your band now?

It does sound as though you are too tight, but without more information it is hard to say whether things will work out by themselves or not. Like sheemac says, when was your last fill?

Support: Congratulations on losing weight thus far. Keep believing in yourself!!

Advise: Get an unfill. You need solid food. Keep a journal and slowly work on changing unhealthy foods into healthy, just as tasty food. Enjoy a treat in small quantity every so often! Your band will not make you thin. Your food choices will. Surround yourself with positive reinforcement.

It has been two months since my last fill. I'm not sure the size of the band. The nurse that did the fill mentioned something about me having 6.75 towards a 7.0 maximum. When I left the fill I couldn't stop throwing up - so I immediately went back and she took out .25 (I think).

I think I will call my doctor and ask these questions.

Before I got the last fill - I felt like it was just right, and was losing about 2 lbs a week. But with my unsureness and only having 3 fills I thought I probably would need another one. It seemed I could eat too much -- I couldn't eat bread but I could a little flat bread. I could eat chicken and tortillas. Now I can't even get a bite down without sauce and chewing to death.

Thanks for all the responses and support - I will call tomorrow.

I went to the docter today and talked with the nurse. I found out some information that was helpful. I have one of the new bands that holds 10cc. I had about 5.9cc in it. We did choose to take a little out. But, we did discuss that it is probably my inability to change my eating habit.

I realized I need to learn to cut down on servings, chew really well, take the time to plan my meals and tenderize meats. After the appointment I went to the store and stocked up on quick, tender, and easy meats to help when I"m working and too busy to get the right food.

I'm re-reading my nutritional book that the docter supplied. I hope to recomit to my determination to lose weight. And I will probably go back for another fill, once I get my habits under control.

Good news - I had lost another 6 lbs in the last 8 weeks. So I'm still losing and not gaining. I just need to take this more serious than I have. The lap band is NOT a quick and easy fix. NOTHING IS!!!! :scared2:

Hope this helps someone else........