Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone up for a Nike+ challenge?

i'd love to set one up and invite people ...

soooooo - who has the Nike+ system and wants to kick my @$$ in running?

errrr ... i mean try (yeah, that's what i meant) to ....

you dont have to be a runner (i dont run 80% of the time)...

what kind of challenge? most miles in X days???

thoughts?

You pick the challenge...and I am in! I think whosyadaddy was going to get this too...but I don't know if I want to compete with him! We would have to add our miles together!

now how did i know you were going to be the first to reply ... :cool2:

i'll set up the challenge now, im going to make this invite only, so i need your nike+ name as well.

it is salsa1877

Of course I was going to be the first one to respond.

1. I need the challenge

2. I am incredibly competative

3. I don't have a life and am hooked to LBT.

Actually my students are working on "busy" work today! Bad teacher today...Oh well 1 day out of 180 is not too shabby

Edited by salsa1877

ok ... i just invited you.

this week was my REALLY CRAZY BUSY week at work, but im finished ... YAY!!!

you may want to go back and edit your post to remove your email address. :cool2:

LJM -- Not to sound ignorant (even though I am :cool2:) but what is a nike challenge? Is this something that only those who are more fit can do? I just started the couch to 5K today and LOVED it! I'd be interested in finding out what you are talking about. Thanks!

I am going to have to kick it into high gear because I am going to have at least a 4 week hiatus for the TT. But this challenge should get my back.

I told DH about this and he said "damn...I'll never see you now. You will be running, and running, and running." He knows how competatitve I am!. Thanks for starting this it's the kick I need too!

missy,

you have to have the Nike+ system. more info can be found by going to nikeplus.com :cool2:

not ignorant at all ... :thumbdown:

salsa, i made it longer than i initially thought cause of your TT and it conveniently ends the day after the Chicago marathon ... :cool2:

salsa, i made it longer than i initially thought cause of your TT and it conveniently ends the day after the Chicago marathon ... :cool2:

Thanks for thinking about that...but you get an automatic 26.2 miles! GRRRR...Only supposed to run 4 miles tonight, but I might have to do more. See the juices are flowing!!!

ok...I am an idiot...I was trying to get my runs to show up and then I realized that you are not starting the challenge until Monday night.

You sneaky thing...my 12 mile run is on Sunday!

Edited by salsa1877

sorry salsa .... i didnt think of that ... :cursing:

want me to see if i can edit it?

Nah...this is about YOUR Tuesday! I will make up for it...only 3 weeks left of work and then I have all day to run/walk!

Plus it will give some others a chance to join!

Can a pre banded WALKER join you?

I would be honored if YOU let me.

You're an inspiration but you've read me say that to you before!!

I love the Nike+ and just got a small pocket for the sensor from Marware....if it is accurate(and my sensor has it's moments) people would not have to purchase the Nike+ sneakers. A savings despite still needing the nano.

Anyhoo, If you can tolerate a low mileage pre bander..let me know.

I just blogged yesterday about how nice it was to see people I didn't know join a few of the challenges I put up on Nike+. Makes me feel there are others out there in my shoes....so to speak.

I also LOVE the grab the link featuer that lets us post or mail the days progress. VERY inspirational.

Can a pre banded WALKER join you?

I would be honored if YOU let me.

You're an inspiration but you've read me say that to you before!!

I love the Nike+ and just got a small pocket for the sensor from Marware....if it is accurate(and my sensor has it's moments) people would not have to purchase the Nike+ sneakers. A savings despite still needing the nano.

Anyhoo, If you can tolerate a low mileage pre bander..let me know.

I just blogged yesterday about how nice it was to see people I didn't know join a few of the challenges I put up on Nike+. Makes me feel there are others out there in my shoes....so to speak.

I also LOVE the grab the link featuer that lets us post or mail the days progress. VERY inspirational.

I am sure LJM will invite you...but watch out...she is vicious! On my blog she tried to get me to "take a few weeks off!" AHHHH the nerve!