Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else still wish to be "voluptuous"?

I was actually wondering..if anyone besides myself pictured themselves at the end of thier weightloss as still a bit chubby? I think we all have a picture of the size we want to be in our heads. Maybe Im weird..but I actually want to be around a size 14 when im done. Im a very big girl..(tall, big structure) and I really dont think I would look that bad at that size.

When my partner and I were comparing notes on what we wanted to accomplish..hers was somewhere around a size 10. Mine was about a 14-16. Still, where I could fit into normal clothes..but not where I was "skinny". I like curves.

So what do you see yourself at, your perfect weights? Just curious =)

-Kendra

Yes i really want to keep curves...the thing is im so fat right now, i have no hips....im like one of those big M&Ms puppets u c on the commercials(do u guys know what im talking about?) So basically im like a circle with arms and legs! I want to have curvy hips and nice round booty and some leg u know. I would hate to b super skinny.....not attractive at all to me.

Curves are IN! My DH doesn't want me too skinny. He said something about loosing my butt (as if!) and I promised him that I could weigh 110lbs and I'd still have a big butt. HA! As for me, I see me at my goal weight 145, but would be happy just to be below 160 comfortably. This is still very curvey and womanly, important to both me and DH.

I have NO desire to be "skinny" -- not that THAT could ever happen!

But I was actually just thinking about this as I got dressed this morning. I've always been fairly well-proportioned and as long as I stay that way I'm happy to lose as much weight as I will. But lately I've noticed a little changing of my proportions--as my hips get smaller my stomach has slowed down in shrinking (two kids, doncha know) and I'm starting to see the future: slender legs and a rotund tummy. Hmmm. Not so sure I like those proportions!

I know this is normal for women and comes with life experience and aging, but if keeping some extra weight on my hips and chest area will make my waist look smaller by comparison, I'm happy to do it. :)

Yep I do want to keep my Curves I think a women with Curves is more attractive.

I think around a size 14 to 12 is good..

Hi Kendra,

I believe perception of what is sexy has a cultural aspect as well. I am Puerto Rican/Italian and the women on my fathers side of the family have always been full figured. Latin men like full figured and voluptous woman. As long as I am a brickhouse (solid), I can live with being voluptuous. I dont think there is anything attractive about a saggy baggy size 14/16 where everything is loose and jiggly. Thats why I work out and will be having plastic surgery. I want to be happy with my clothes on or off. I dont know if a lot of people know this, but Marilyn Monroe was a size 14.

I started off in a size 28/30 and now wear a 14 on bottom and 12 ish on top. I still have a big butt and big thighs, small waist (imagine that!!) and a 38 C on top (down from a 46 D). Most people tell me I look fine now, but I think I could lose a little more (maybe 10 pounds plus 12 more from plastic surgery) This would put me at a weight of about 158-160. This would still be considered slightly overweight for my height which is 5"6".

Also, in some cultures like the Arabs, they see a plump woman as a sign of wealth. A thin woman means that you dont have enough money to feed her prooperly. So I guess its all in perception. I went on a trip to Bahrain and the men there thought I was the best thing since hummus. They were offering me jewelry, yachts and vying for my attention because I was obese.

So anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the most important part is that you are healthy and happy and I dont see anything wrong with wanting to be voluptuous.

babs in TX

334/180/170

HAHA HA HA HA! Too funny! For some reason Pat, your comment remended me of that cheesey pick-up line in the late 70's... "Hey Baby, what's your sign?" ---my answer? "Dangerous Curves Ahead"

Yep - I believe that I'll definately still be a curvy chick. As a matter of fact.......although I'm a heterosexual happily married woman, I find curvy women to be the most "attractive" if you will.

When I see them I think to myself, "I want to look like that!" Even a size 16 would be absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to get there!!!!

As I kept gaining weight my husband always would say that I looked healthy and he loved the way I looked. When he sees pictures of when I use to be thin he says I looked sickly so yes In certain cultures to be curvacious is greatly appriciated..

I just thought all my brother inlaws on my Husbands side are married to very curvy women. Now I am the smallest of them:) go figure

Hi Kendra,

I dont know if a lot of people know this, but Marilyn Monroe was a size 14.

Also, in some cultures like the Arabs, they see a plump woman as a sign of wealth. A thin woman means that you dont have enough money to feed her prooperly. So I guess its all in perception. I went on a trip to Bahrain and the men there thought I was the best thing since hummus. They were offering me jewelry, yachts and vying for my attention because I was obese.

So anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the most important part is that you are healthy and happy and I dont see anything wrong with wanting to be voluptuous.

babs in TX

334/180/170

Actually, I wasnt aware of that fact. Marilyn is the poster girl of curvy. Wow.

I really like what you wrote about the different cultures. Its true...My fathers side is Italian, and they seem to prefer the curvier women. My mothers side is Irish, and they prefer..well curvier women LOL.

People were offering you jewelry and yacts? O.o! Where do I sign up for that lol. Thats amazing to me..I would love to visit a place where they find the chubbier women to be a thing of beauty.

Also, congrats on your weightloss! From a size 28-30 to a 14! wow. Thats great. I was once at a size 30..what a difference!

-Kendra

Curves I don't mind, it's these dang rolls I have a problem with, LOL.

Here here! lol. Thats pretty much where I stand with it. It would be nice just to be er..well balanced? To wear clingy types of clothes without looking like im smuggling pound cakes under my shirt. =P

Yeah, when I wear clingy stuff on my bottom half I look like a walking tub of mascarpone. (I thought that sounded sexier than cottage cheese.) I don't want to be thin, just healthy looking. Curves, yes. Bony ass, no. Like I'm in any danger of that...