Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you sometimes NOT like the changes you see in the mirror?

I apologized to my hubby a few weeks and told him that I was sorry that we would still be having sex in the dark even after I lose weight because it probably still won't be pretty site. Thank God he loves me for me and not my body. It does make me mad for letting myself get like this though.

What a great man you have there :out: And what a strong woman he has! Dump that self-abuse - what's past is past. You're on the path to reclaiming yourself. Be proud, sistah!!! :D I know I'm proud of you! (and confused....what' this "sex" thing people keep mentioning :wink2: )

<snip>

God knows I could actually hide Jimmy Hoffa under my boobs without a bra on, so going without one is *not* an option unless I want to be arrested. Lately, I've been wearing the Le Mystere Dream Tisha ones. Even though I'm still wearing a 40G (yes, as in 'Gadzooks'), and I'm only 5'2", it's more a function of rolling them up and sticking them in there than anything else. They're lightly lined, but not so much that they add any, uh, girth. It's just enough so that everything kinda, um, evens out under t-shirts.

<snippydoodle>

Oh, and about the ones at Target that look like the spendy ones at the mall. On Gossamer is the manufacturer. The regional manager at Nordy's told me that. Shhhhh!

-m

Marisa, LMAO. Your posts crack me up :( The LB Balconettes are the ones I have to roll up and stuff the girls in. Problem is, my girls are soo hell-bent on kissing my belly button that they pull down on the shoulder straps no matter how tight I make them, and they slip during the day. Ahh one day it'll all be a comical memory.

Thanks for the tip about Nordstrom's. I will try them next. I found Wacoal fit my body nicer than Le Mystere, but I will try them again. I was going for pure comfort (my "weekend" bras) and not lift.

Who is On Gossamer?

Definitely. I still have DD cup breasts, but Ive lost ALL the volume in the top of them. I have to wear a bra with padded sides, to push them up and together beause au natural, I have this really awful look because of the utter flatness of the top of my breasts - my chest (ribs and sternum) stick out FURTHER than my boobs do. I am definitely getting this fixed, next year.

And my ass, oh, boy. Its sitting on the back of my knees. Its my worst feature, its pretty saggy. I got out of this with no loose tummy skin, but I really need a butt lift. That'll never happen though, I look find clothed and I can live with that. Not many people look that great in a swimming costume.

My sternum does that too! Do you stand there in the mirror and put your forearms over your boobs and think "I could pass as either 13 years old or a boy"??

Just me??

Oh and why cant you get a buttlift? If my hiney doesn't do something impressive after a TT, I might do implants. Although I'm meeting with 3plastic surgeons in the next 2 weeks and will see what my options are...I might be a candidate for a full body lift. Some of the work I've seen in butts after a BL is just freaking stunning!

This sounds weird but....what a pity you don't need a Tummy Tuck :smile: hehehe!

Kate-

On Gossamer is another company that makes somewhat high-end lingerie. There's another spendy manufacturer that was making stuff secretly under Target's name, but I can't remember who it was (I got pretty friendly with the Nordy's manager for a while and she'd give me good dirt ;) ).

I'm honestly afraid to look at anymore body parts after yesterday's escapade in the dressing room at the Gap. I got out of the shower last night and was drying off with thoughts of doom in my head. I just kept thinking to myself that if I could do it fast enough, and get my jammies on, the flab might not catch on that it was out in incandescent 'daylight'.:eek::)

You should definitely go get fitted at Nordy's and THEN go to Nordstrom Rack at King of Prussia. Can I just tell you how freaking jealous I am that you have one near you?!! That's actually the closest one to *me* and it's two hours away.:sneaky:

Perhaps once I'm closer to my goal, I'll have to plan a roadtrip and we can meet up for a non-lunch lunch!:sleep:

BTW, Jonathan is also a writer. No wonder I like you! :)

Oh, and congrats on the 100+lbs. You're kicking ass and then some!!! Go Kate!!

-m

Knee Brows???? Please elaborate. I probably have them, or will have them because my legs were and still are so heavy. I'm guessing that a knee brow is if you have skin hanging from your thigh over your knees. I just checked. I don't have them yet. I still have about 40 pounds to go so I'm sure they're on their way. Maybe I'll have to get a wetsuit for the summer - not!

The nutritionist told our support group that we should all get full-length mirrors and study our bodies in them and say only good things about how our bodies look. EEEEEWWWWWWW!

This thread is so blanking funny. :rolleyes: It's probably not funny to someone who's not sagging all over yet, but it is hilarious to me.

Sue

Knee Brows???? Please elaborate. I probably have them, or will have them because my legs were and still are so heavy. I'm guessing that a knee brow is if you have skin hanging from your thigh over your knees.

DING DING DING! We have a winner! lol

Yes, the knee brows suck because they show THROUGH thin pants. Considering the alternative, I guess I'll keep them though. :rolleyes:

It was a class with the nutritionist at the hospital. She went very in depth as to the new way of eating that will be required with LBS and GBS. She also brought supplements from various companies for us to try.

Lol. Long2bFree,

All I could think of was a 3 hour nut class, possibly a phyche evaluation! I thought you were joking..lol. Though maybe they put you through the ringer.

oh my!

This whole thread is cracking me up.

I stil don't know what knee brows are, but I think I prolly have them.

:confused_smile:

<snip>

The nutritionist told our support group that we should all get full-length mirrors and study our bodies in them and say only good things about how our bodies look. EEEEEWWWWWWW!

This thread is so blanking funny. :tt1: It's probably not funny to someone who's not sagging all over yet, but it is hilarious to me.

Sue

I probably would have given that nutritionist a few suggestions of my own if s/he came at me with that idea.:confused_smile:

I do have to admit that I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one feeling more than slightly betrayed by my sack o'skin. I sometimes wish that we could all just sit around and laugh about it in person, though. If for no other reason than it would be a hell of a lot easier to stop having explain the snorts to my husband while reading.:tt2:

Legster, have you seen the pants that they sell on the Spanx site? Spendy, but they have Spanx already IN them (and I think they probably go pretty far down the leg, but have a looser 'pantlike' covering). If I wasn't so freaking short, I'd be all over those babies. I saw something almost identical on the Lands End Overstocks site last night. I'm almost intrigued enough to order them. I'm just kind of holding off on buying any clothes for as long as I can. Considering that I have a full wardrobe from roughly 22/24 all the way onto 12 in some stuff. *sigh* Kinda brings to mind that old song "High Hopes", huh? Except I get stuck on the line with the goat. No. Wait, it's a ram, isn't it. Christ, I can't remember which kid I'm yelling at, but I remember Frank Sinatra lyrics. You know, I definitely need more calories.:tt1:

Anyway...

Long2BFree, yes, when I saw the 3 Hour Nut Class, the very first thing that came to mind was that you couldn't *possibly* be spending an afternoon with my in laws. They never would be in a classroom together.:tt1: :tt1:

hugs to all of ya, Girlies!

-m

Edited by dancinglamb

Legster, have you seen the pants that they sell on the Spanx site? Spendy, but they have Spanx already IN them (and I think they probably go pretty far down the leg, but have a looser 'pantlike' covering). If I wasn't so freaking short, I'd be all over those babies. I saw something almost identical on the Lands End Overstocks site last night.

I may have to check that out. Thanks! :confused_smile:

Before losing some of this poundage, I was pretty solid. My fat wasn't really saggy, dimpled or lumpy. Well it is now!!!!! the skin on my boobs is all puckery. I can pinch it up and hold it, and it looks like a tennis ball inside of a tube sock. Gross. But that can be remedied by my bra. I found and EXCELLENT one that does everything I want it to. $56.....but hey, it has an IMPORTANT job! I don't think I'm going to have an excess skin problem on my tummy or butt. My arms are another story. I look at them in the mirror and I gross out. It's just not what I expected. I asked my husband about PS and he wasn't opposed to it. Now I just have to wrap my brain around that.

Now for the mirror. I'm 48. 49 next month. Not a spring chicken, but when I was fatter I always looked much younger than my age. Most people thought I was 35 to 38. The plump in my cheecks filled out my lines and wrinkles. I've lost a lot in my face and neck, and I'm having a hard time dealing with looking at an "older" version of my younger thin self. I can now see crows feet around my eyes. My neck is puckery like a chicken. I also have a couple lines radiating from my upper lip. I have frown lines around my mouth. It all happened so fast and I didn't have time to get used to the idea. while I enjoy not having a double chin anymore, It's actually quite distressing. I may be thinner, but I'm starting to look more like my age.

I found and EXCELLENT one that does everything I want it to. $56.....but hey, it has an IMPORTANT job!

Aubrie, do share about the bra! Which one is it?!

And have you tried any of the stuff like Philosophy's The Present or Smashbox's Photofinish? It's stuff you put on under your makeup and it somehow deflects light so it kind of hides your pores and minimises your wrinkles. I just started using the Philosophy one a couple days ago and I'm really loving it. I got it at Sephora for about $25.

I know that we're supposed to love ourselves no matter what, but you know, sometimes I think it might be, well, a little easier if we liked what we saw just a bit more. :thumbup:

If nothing else, I guess there are always dark sunglasses and some good lipstick, right?:crying:

-m

Oh Folks,

This has been the best laugh that I have had in weeks! Thanks so much! I am not banded yet but can really relate, especially with the "Girls" thinking that their BBF's are my kneecaps. I have been thinking about getting a full length mirror--hopefully I will be able to keep my sense of humor as I watch my body sag to my feet. ;-)

This post is the best!

I am a girly-girl and love all the scoop on product info. I just love beauty products and getting the scoop on good bras!

I have tried the philosophy products and they are great.

One product I love - especially any over 50 like me - Dr. Denesse on QVC. Her products are amazing.

Nothing better than a Sat. night cuddling up and doing my nails, watching girlie movie and doing a facial, etc.

It really helps us bandsters feel good about ourselves, don't you think?

I definately feel your pain about the saggy skin. I used to have firm rolls of fat everywhere. While I am very glad for the loss of fat, I am depressed about the sagginess of my birthday suit. I knew there would be some sagging - but, gee whiz I was not ready for this. Also, when I wear a shaper I am amazed at how the edges of it are so visible on my now squishy skin. Rats! I'm already saving for PS.

As for the bra, I posted about my favorite bra in the Nov 2007 forum. I LOVE the Lane Bryant balconette bra. Holy cow, it's like someone is walking behind me and holding each boob up in front of me. I cannot believe how high they are hoised up. My posture is fabulous when I wear it and I feel SASSY. I think I look 10 years younger when I where it. My boobs do NOT lay on my chest wall like they do with all other bras. Plus, it has great sides with 4 hooks to keep the "side boobs" in their place. I suspect I will be ordering that bra from Lane Bryant no matter what size I eventaully get down to. I LOVE it!!!!