Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I am 4 days post op and just now got around to getting on puter to tell my story...I arrived at the hospital at 9:00 was taken to surgery pre op at 9:15..started iv around 10:15 and found out I wasnt scheduled for surgery till 12:30...dr came in and he had an emergency so i was bumped back...didnt start mine till 2:20...hubby said it took 1 1/2 hrs...dr said I had lots and lots of scar tissue but everything went just fine....went to recovery and sent to room at 7:00 pm...didnt sleep good at all the first night as I had remendous gas pain.....next morning 7:30 took downstairs to do a upper gi series to make sure Fluid was going down and all was ok...back to room at 8:15 and put on clear liquids...dr came in around 11:15 and said everything was good and I was freee to go home...got home around 3:30 slept off and on most of the afternoon....woke up saturday feeling pretty good ...rode with hubby to take daughter to take dance pics back home and on the couch....sunday was even better...still lots of gas pain.....laid around watched movies and monday morning was evern better...just feel extremely tired....i have no energy...i am not and have not been hungry since surgery.....dr has me on full liquids but hubby has to make me eat as I dont feel hungry..so I manage to eat a couple ounces of Soup or sf Jello or a sf popsicle...having a hard time drinking all the Water im suppose to drink....anyways,,,thats enough for now as I am tiring very fast....hope to talk to yall soon:lol:

I am glad I am not the only one. I was banded on the 15th as well, and had so many plans of things I would do on my sick days. I have no energy. I am getting in all of the fluids, I am taking the Vitamins, but I do something and then want to sit for an hour or so. Everyone is telling me to call the doctor, but I think this must be normal.

If you can stomach a Protein shake, that will go a long way towrds getting your energy back. I was totally not hungry either when I came home, but I just set a timer and had my little cups of Protein Shake every time it went off and that helped a lot too. Also, get up and walk around as much as you can, even just around the house, that will help some with the gas, but unfortunately that has to mostly just run it's course!

Congrats to you on taking this huge first step!

Alisa

I was banded on May 15th, too! I have been having a hard time getting in all of the liquids/protein, too.

I also feel kinda' tired and weak.

Oh, and T.O.M. started today, otherwise known in our household as "punctuating". Not bad, no cravings to speak of, just don't feel like dealing with it.

follow your first mind.... My Dr. told me clear liquids for the first 2-days then full liquids for 2 weeks.. including creamed soups... baby get u some cream of chicken Soup and sip it and trust me u will feel better.. I had no energy AT ALL and my mother came to me in a dream and told me what to do that would get me feeling a little better and i did it.. and it worked... but u have to trust yourself also... That is a lot to ask.. that someone stay on just clear Fluid for 2-weeks.. call and see if u have the instructions right....

i go to the dr tomorrow and he said more then likely he is going to put me on pureed mushy foods cause i did clear liquids for 5 days preop and now full liquids for5 days...i have tried the cream of chicken and also the cream of potato...both are good...i just have to make myself eat it cause i am not hungry