Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inner Thigh Exercises?

Im not even banded yet but I have lots of hangging skin in my inner thighs. I dont want this to be a problem for me when i do start to lose weight. Any ideas on some at home exercises that I can do?

Thanks

Hi TrishS,

I would really recommend Water aerobics and you should start even pre-banding cause it helps you mentallly as well as physically while you are waiting for the doctors & insurance processing to take place. It's a great help and part of getting your head preped for being banded. But I really love the way it makes my skin tone-up. It is hard to believe but the best way I can describe the benifit is the way all the cellulite all over my body ... is gone. However, resently I got the flu, passed out, and hurt my knee which caused me to have to be out of the pool for three weeks. In that time I lost the intense muscles which I had worked hard to obtained. But I know it will come back as I get back with the program. I wish you well as you find what exercise works best for you.

Always,

Judy

Trish, there are lots of leg exercises you can do that will help. The best one that works all your muscles are squats. But start slow! The first time I did them I swear, the next day it felt like I'd gone skiing. If you've ever gone skiing you'll know what I mean--every single muscle in your legs and butt hurts!

Start with your legs spread apart, a little wider than your hips. Looking straight ahead, bend your knees until your legs are bent at 90 degrees. Try not to lean forward or look down; you want to keep your back as straight as possible. Then stand up. Do this as many times as you can, but slowly. Even if you can only do it 4 or 5 times you'll probably feel it in the morning. To occupy your hands you might want to hold something in both hands in front of you.

Eventually you'll want to get up to 15 repetitions, two or three times in a row. with a 2-minute or so rest between sets. As you progress you can hold a weight between your hands to add to the difficulty. It's a phenomenal exercise that really works every muscle in your lower body. Good luck!!

Judy- Oh how I want to try Water aerobics, I want to look for a gym that offers that in my area. I going to be banded in 10days.. and just wanted to start with something simple for now.. I cant do to much jumping around or much... Im very heavy for my frame size and Im afraid I will break something. Thank You for the idea of Water aerobics... I hope I dont scare anyone wearing a swimsuit LOL

Alex- I never knew that a simple squat would help inner thighs.. I tried a couple just now to see how it would feel.. belive it or not it made me take a deep breath... as though I was about to get tiered lol .. Yes Im that out of shape... I would have to take this very slow, being my knees whould take a beating with the weight it has to hold.. I heard a few pops in my knees as I went down... ouch i hope i didnt hurt anything. Maybe I will start off slow as just 5 in the morning and 5 at night.. Hey its a start and thats what I need I start..

I dont think my 1 situp a day counts.. Sit up out of bed.. Lay down in bed=1 situp LOL

but I really what that sagging of my inner thighs gone.. or at lest smaller, again, I dont want that problem to worsen after I do start losing weight!

Trish I do this exercise and it seems to help.

Standing beside a dresser or a chair grab a hold with your hand for support. Lift your leg out to the side then bring it in and cross over your foot that is on the floor. Make sure you hold in your stomach (don't hold your breath just pull in your stomach) while doing this exercise. I do it for a count of 5 to 10 for each leg.

Another exercise you can do while lying in bed or on the floor whichever is easier. Lie on your side. Take our top leg and bend it over your bottom leg. Lift the lower leg while keeping your stomach pulled in this will help stabilize you. I do this for a count of 5 to 10 for each leg.

Perfect! I like those... I tried both... lol (before i post back you know) these will work great with what Alex's squat one ... I want to try to get in two reps a day once in the morning and once at night.. I think it will help me. Thank You again

PILATES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!