Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! I think I've stretched my pouch

I have had three fills and the third went too far and I had to have it removed at the ER. The problem is, I can eat quite a bit. Much more than I used to. I've been banded for 6 mos. Have I stretched out my pouch? If so, can I do anything to shrink it back?? I was thinking going back to straight liquids and see if it would shrink. Can anyone shed some light? I'm really scared. I haven't lost weight in 3 months!! In fact, Ive gained 5 lbs. I'm so depressed. I just hate myself right now.:biggrin:

I am right there with you!! I had my second fill this past weekend only to later have it removed in the ER!

I needed that fill, but my body didn't agree. I hope when we try again it will be successful because my appetite and ability to eat is slowly creeping back!!!!!!!!!!

I have an amazing story for you---I was banded November 15, 2007. I have had 13.25 cc put into a 14 cc band....and Have NO RESTRICTION. finally, last week my doc sent me for x-rays and low and behold, my band has come un-snapped. Everyone in the office, hospital, and neighborhood is absolutely baffled because they have never seen this happen before. They have to go in, deflate the flat band and then re-position it, re-snap it if possible or re-place it if necessary. It is a freak show!!!! I am really glad however because it is not me!!! I kept thinking something was wrong with me because I have lost 8 lbs. since January. Anyone ever heard of this happening????

NO, I have never heard of that! But, thanks for giving me one more thing to worry about. (LOL) I'm just kidding. I can't believe that would happen!

I'm so glad to hear others are going through the same thing. I will start back on liquids for a couple of days and let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks,

canary queen

Seriously, there is a webb site--5daypouchtest.com--it has a 5 day plan to "re-new" your pouch. If nothing else it really does do a very fine cleanse and makes you renew your commitment and re-assure that it will work. I did it about a million times (not really) but it was really good for my body and really for my head.....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:OH me , thanks queen Jane for this site ! i love it, am going to start immediately with this 5 days plan !!! hopefully it will help me to break my plateau:cursing: !!!!!! Ladies ! if u know few helpful sites please don't hesitate to listed down:thumbup: ! thanks in advance

Banded on : 10th of April

lost so far:20 lbs

Plateau since 2 weeks :w00t:

canary queen

i can relate, i had my surgery on nov 19,2007 and lost in the beginning but havent lost anything in 3 months either, i do admit that for two months i ate kind of bad but for the past month ive been exercising 5 days a week and eating better and no weight loss, i lose 5 then gain 4 and its been like this for months. i am eating around 1600 calories a day and when i was eating 1200 i lost. i just find it hard sometimes to eat only 1200. let me know how you are doing and if you find something that works your not alone

andrea

Does it seem like your metabolism slowed down after you had the surgery? I know that doesn't make any sense but it just seems that way to me. I feel like my metabolism has slowed way down after surgery. I don't lose as easily as before surgery. Even though it is easier to not eat it seems like more of a struggle to get the weight to come off.

I have heard of the band coming undone only because my surgeon told me a story of a lady who had it done in Mexico. She had 14cc of Fluid in a 10cc band. Her dr's office just kept filling the band b/c she wasn't feeling any restriction. He checked her out to see what was wrong- and low and behold it had just come undone.

Now, the part that I'm confused about:

(I am not trying to be rude, I'm just very concerned)

Why on earth is anyone eating 1600 + calories a day? Isn't that way too much? I know I haven't been banded yet, but my doctor is really strict on how much food intake you have. After week 3- 4 oz of food per meal 3x's a day and then only Non-calorie liquids in between. No snacking... He even gave us a travel scale!

I don't understand when I read about people & their non-stop eating and the over eating... why risk stretching your stomach after all you've been through??? Why go back to your old eating habits? Haven't you adjusted to your new ways yet?

This makes me so nervous about the whole thing...

Yvonne72- You say "why would any one....." My friend, I truly hope that you don't go through an extended period of "non-loss". As long as you continue to see the ton-age leave you, you are re-enforced and gung ho to stay the course. When you go for a long period (actually a couple of weeks seems to start "stinkin' thinkin'"), it becomes pretty damn tempting to slide back to that nasty (wonderful) slider food-- "Adjusted to your new ways yet...."--sure you adjust but trust me, you never forget the taste of Ben and Jerry's. Sure a spoonful will fix the crave but stopping at one is the trick.

I do not in way think I will be perfect throughout this process... what I'm concerned about is long term sabotage.

I met a man at the Weight Loss Center that I go to. He had his band put on over a year ago. He has lost 83lbs. He was complaining because he had a fill a week prior and he felt it didn't do the trick- so he was coming to complain and raise hell- (these were his exact words)

OK- fine- get another fill... but he just kept going on and on about how he's gained 20lbs and is tired of his band not working for him.

So I asked him, "Do you exercise at all?"

his answer: "why should I, I have a lapband, I shouldn't need to"

then I asked him, "Do you eat healthy food?"

his answer: "no- I don't like it"

I had to walk away as he started complaining about exercise and nutrition. I was done listening to him at that point.

I am morbidly obese and I did not get here by eating healthy and exercising. But I know these are the only ways to be successful. I've been doing both for the past 8 months, but with my PCOS- it has been impossible for me to succeed. For Me- This is the reason for getting the band. I have no other choice at this point.

Hey canary queen--try upping your protien intake. Over the years and the diets I have done, I found that if I can up my protien by drinking high protien drinks--you can get them at Dietdirect.com or at your local health food store--it really helped to keep it coming off. You can get them that are low in calories and high in protien and some even have Fiber incorporated!! And yes I do think your metabolism "gets used to" a smaller amount and just stops burning--at least that's how it feels.

hey guys..

I am getting discouraged before I start....and dont tell me that I need to work on a diet.. etc.. I have been doing that for years .. that is why I was going to try to lap banding..

but now I am beginning to have second thoughts..

Irene:wub:

Edited by soldouthippie