Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Cottingham in B'Ham

Hi,

I am going to have surgery with Dr. Cottingham at Carraway on 5/21/08 and I just wondered if there were other bandsters on here that could share any information about him or Carraway? I really like him so far.

Hey, I had surgery the same day, How are you. I used Dr. Cottingham to. I like him and I have done okay. I have had alot of gas and dehiaria, but I think it is getting better I learned to sip on Water alot. I have had alot of problems taking my medicine but I think it is better today. I forgot yo call on friday did you call.

I called on Friday for appt. but then Machele called me today to re-schedule it because he's not going to be there on Friday. I am seeing him tomorrow at 3. I am doing ok. It feels like my port is sticking way out, and it's still really sore. Other than that I think I am doing ok. :sad:

I called yesterday and My appointment is for Monday, Mechelle told me all the the things with my meds. are just because I wasnt getting them down good so she told me to go to puddings and mashed potatoes that was a change. It wasnt as good as I thought is would be I wish I would have just eat the pudding, It was the best. I also can have applesauce and I am sure it will help. I cant tell where my port is. I hope you have a great appointment. Let me know how it goes.

I hope you are doing ok. I didn't go yesterday, it's a 2 1/2 hour drive and I was not feeling up to it. I was feeling weak and washed out all day. I don't know what was up with that, but I re-scheduled for Tuesday. I feel like my port site is just sticking way out, especially in the afternoon. I can tell when I lift or move a certain way that it's pulling those muscles. I guess that will go away as the muscles heal. I am doing ok. I like to fact the weight is coming off. :wink2:

:( Hey, How are you, My friend that had the surgery in january said that it is notmal for your port to stick out. She let me feel where her port is so now I know that that is normal. I have had three really good days now I am figuring out how to take my meds. Dr cottingham called and talk to me. about the things going on and it has helped. I just have to watch drinking fast with my meds our it will flush my meds straight through me so I know I have to sip on my drink. I have lost aobut 15 pound by my scales and I feel good. Keep in touch.:thumbup:

HEY, WENT TO DOCTOR HE TOLD ME i WAS DOING GREAT. I CAN START EATING A LITTLE MORE. TOLD ME I COULD BE FILLED AT 4 WEEKS IF NEEDED. LET ME KNOW ABOUT WHAT HE TELLS YOU. HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER. I LOST 15 POUNDS.

I saw him today. I had only lost 14 ounds on their scales. He said that was great. He said that was like bypass weight loss. I go back June 24 and see if I need a fill. I am feeling so much better the last few days. I am ready to start eating a little bit more mushy food. I tried a bite of chicken on Friday, and it didn't want to go down, so I don't think I am ready for solids yet, but that's ok.

I'm glad to hear you are doing ok.

Glad you are doining better. I hope you continue to get better I finally eat a little solid food, Eat made me feel better. You have to remember

to really jew your food to a mush and not drink our it will go straight thru you. I am walking a half a mile and hope to be up to 1 mile next week. I think you are doing great. Hope you are walking it helps. keep me informed about your progress. I fogot to ask if I could go to the pool and do my exercises. I have some back problems and it helps to walk. I exercise in the pool because it makes you wieghtless. well hope to hear from you soon.

Hey, how are you doing? I had an appointment with Dr. C for Tuesday, but I had to change it due to a meeting at work. I will go the 1st and I guess he will determine if I need a fill. Let me know when you go back, and how the fill goes if you get one. I am not starving, and I have only thrown up twice, once when I accidently ate a peice of lettuce, the other time when I ate some ground beef that was in a Tomato sauce. I am eating pretty much solids, but I am really watching what I eat as far as calories. For me, I have been drinking 3-4 bottles of 20oz of Water each day, and I think that is really helping. I am also walking about 2 miles a day or 30 minutes a day, and I feel really good. I hope you are doing well. talk to you later.:redface:

I had surgery Feb 5th with Dr C. I absolutely adore him, He has been fantastic and very supportive. I've lost 62lbs since then. I just went in last week for a fill, and now have a total of 2cc's in my 4cc band. I would recommend him for anyone. his entire staff is great, and I had no complaints about carraway medical, which is where my surgery was as well.

I liked him from the start. I had gone to the seminar for Dr. Miles and Schmidt on a Saturday in Feb. and I just didn't like the fact they made a copy of your insurance card when you came in the door. Dr. Miles was nice, but after the seminar when I was trying to make an appointment, it was going to be 6 weeks before I could get an appointment, and they were scheduling them in 15 minute intervals. (I'm thinking if I have to wait 6 weeks for 15 minutes of the Dr.'s time, he's just too busy for me). When I left that seminar I felt like I had been to a time share selling seminar (Just my opinion)

I called Dr. Cottingham's office on Monday, he was having a seminar on Wed. I went, I called on Thursday and got an appointment for the following week. Since I have BC Federal, I didn't have to wait 6 months, so everything went fast enough. I am very happy I chose him and his staff. Carraway was great too. I didn't have one problem there.

Hey, Glad you are better. I had a appointment yesterday but I missed it. I had a death in the family my stepmother passed away. My dad is having a bad time and I am spending alot of time with him. I have to go next monday to see If I need a fill . I am doing good, I think I have lost 22 pounds that is what my scale are saying. I feel alot better I can not eat corn it makes me very sick. Glad to hear there are more people on this site I also like Dr. C. I went through the 6 month thing and it went by very fast. I have been so busy I hope to start walking again very soon , I love to walk. Well got to go hope to talk to you soon keep in touch. Again glad to hear from you GREAT JOB ON YOUR WIEGHT LOSS.

Hey Dukester, I am sorry for your loss, I'm sure that's hard on you and your family. It's probably also hard to avoid the food that people always bring when there is a death... just hang in there. I have an appt next Tuesday at 11, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank You, It is hard but things will be better in time. We know she is in a better place she had been sick for along time but they had told us 2 weeks ago that she had lung cancer and it was the fast growing kind. It was really hard but she is in no pain know. Again Thank you, and let me know how your apppointment goes and I will let you know about mine.