Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 6th is the day!

hi girls

i cant believe how quicly the time is passing June 6th is coming mighty close for us it will be here before we know it .Well one more week unitl i start my Optifast have you girls started yet?

I am very anxious, and keep eating my "last suppers" :Banane53: I am required to begin a low carb diet on the 23rd. I plan to use high Protein Shakes and have small meal in the eveningl It will be good for me. :biggrin2: I have a lot of food allergies, like milk, oats, eggs to name to major ones, so that makes it difficult when I start the Protein and any diet, I can't have the cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, etc. :blush:I have to be very creative I plan to eat mostly chicken and fish. I understand chicken can get stuck, so I am going to try different things with fish. Any ideas?:welldoneclap:

hi Cathy

that would be hard for you .A lot of people do say chicken is too dry after surgery ,you can always cook your chicken with a Tomato base sauce .I dont really eat a lot of fish , but i suppose you can steam it or put it in the oven with tomato based sauce or a lemon sauce.ITuna always good easy to go eat ,ts hard i know i didnt eat wheat or dairy for 2 years as i would break out in hives everywhere i lived off rice noodles was very boring.i will makes sure i eat something yummy on Sunday as for the next 18 days following that its Optifast and not much else.Good luck with findinf some recipes you can always have google recipes for after lap band [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Recipes-Life-After-Weight-Loss-Surgery/dp/1592332269]Amazon.com: Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You (Healthy Living Cookbooks): Margaret Furtado, Lynette Schultz: Books[/ame] At this link is a book about Recipes after weight loss suregy your surgeon should also be able to give you some ideas as well Good luck

thanks Cathy cant wait just to start so i can get my head around it i am sure i will have a few withdrawals nerver try to give up smoking and food at the same time very difficult i must say good luck to you

hi all

Well June 6th only two weeks away girls finished day 5 op Optifast cant say its been enjoyable so far .Hope you are all doing well .Let the countown begin

I went to my last consult with the surgeon today! It is ready to go! Dr. Kramer will do my surgery and he will be proctored by Dr Jamie Ponce! One of the world experts in banding, actually represents Realize. I will get the new Realize band, which has less complications, they say, and better port, better restriction, less erosion.

I won't need to spend the night:thumbup: in the hospital unless there are complications. I was concerned about that, I am most fearful of MRSA from the hospital, and you are in less danger if you don't stay there. The nurses can carry it going from one room to another.

I am so excited! I begin my 2 week low carb diet today, so I stopped and got my last Sonic burger with a bun. I think I will have a "bread funeral" :biggrin2:tonight. I will take a beautiful roll and a slice of bread and have a funeral! :thumbdown: Just kidding... but the thought just cracks me up! I better have a double funeral and have a second casket for cookies! :sad_smile:

I do think I will be so happy to have my new body and be able to see my feet that I won't miss the stuff. Actually the more I get away from it the less I miss it! So! here is to protein! Long live the Protein shooters! :cool2:

Edited by cathychatts

Cathy, I'm having my band on the 6th by Kramer/Ponce too! Wonder who will go first!! LOL! Good Luck! See ya in recovery!

Hey Erv! Great! I don't know if I would rather go 1st or 2nd! :) I wonder how many they are doing Friday? :eek: I was told that I would have a time tomorrow by noon. Did I see you in the office on the 24th?

Cathy, I may have seen you on the 24th. My appointment was at 9am and saw someone as I left coming in...was that you?

Eating my Jello....wishing it was a steak!:)

Good Luck! I hope to go home Friday too. I used to work at HVMC, so I hope I don't come home with a new tattoo from some of the tricksters that know me....:eek:

My appointment was at 10, I didn't see anyone as I came in because I was helping Janet carry her stuff in. There was a man in the office at the same time as me. Are you male or female? he said his surgery is on the 6th also. Was that you?