Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Month Anniversary Check In

We will all hit our one month "bandaversary" this month, so let's use this thread to check in. When you hit the one-month mark, post how much weight you have lost, non-scale victories (NSVs), and just how you are doing. Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Hi there! Saturday was my 1 month, and so far I have lost...Nothing!

I only post because I know I am not the only one out here who is not shedding the pounds like crazy...its not an instant fix, is it.

I am seriously looking forward to my fill!

On the bright side, this was a big hurdle to accomplish, just the act of the surgery itself, and I am thrilled to have this behind me. Now I am looking forward to the long run, the 1year, the 2 year...its a much brighter future than I was facing before I considered this lap band. Another bright side, the surgery was text-book perfect, the recovery was speedy, and I rode my bike 8 miles yesterday with my kids and hubby! My scars are tiny and almost gone. I know this will work for me, and I am not feeling impatient or disappointed, despite not losing 30 lbs this month :thumbup:

Edited by Alicia99

I had my 1 month anniversary on 5-2-08 and I am happy to report I am down 15lbs!!!! And I got my 1st fill today, yeah!!!! This should only get better!

Linda

Congrats everyone my one month is on the 18th, so I'll be posting then! :-)

Surgery was 4-8-08...Today I weighed in at the doctors office...and I'm proud to say I lost 11 pounds since surgery for a total of 52 pounds. I'm now able to cross my legs and not just at the ankle, I'm no longer on bp meds and my thyroid med has been changed too. Just these things alone make me soo glad to have had my surgery. I only wish I had done it years ago. I'm feeling terrific! I get my first fill in 2 days.

Hi everyone. One month bandiversary. Surgery date 4/8/08 (Hi Carol from Joliet). Had first fill appt. Had barium swallow. (I have the Realize band). Have optimal restriction w/o fill! I have not really been in "bandster hell" like others have been describing. Down 13 pre op, then 10 more. total of 23# gone forever. No longer take IBS meds. Have not had any diverticulitis flare ups and hemmoroids (sp.) TMI.... are quieted down. Life is good. No regrets. Next fill appt. June 5th...hope the "phantom restriction" continues. One mystery tho. went to gyno appt. yesterday a.m. bp was 120/70, GREAT, at "fill" appt. bp was 150/90 WTH??? That's a HUGE discrepancy. Anyway, got to start taking more frequent bps at home. Clothes getting baggy. :frown:

Dr. Trace Curry, Cincinnati, OH

self pay, surgery 4/8/08

Hi Carol from OH!

My husbands cardiologist told us that your blood pressure is constantly changing. Did you know that you can take your bp on your left arm and get a different reading on your right? Glad to see things are improving for you too!

My 1 month isn't until 5/14/08 however I am very excited to share that I am down 18 lbs since surgery with a total weight loss of 25 lbs. I feel so good! I have noticed that the last week my weight has somewhat plateaued. Is anyone else experiencing this?? I hope it doesn't stay this way! I am doin really good, and not eating alot sooo it better change!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Guest Leslie2Lose

It has been four weeks to the day of my banding. My one month Anniversary will be 5/10/08. I'm proud to say I'm down 31 pounds (lost 8 pounds pre-op). This week I hurdled through a two week plateau. I was down 2 pounds this past Saturday and yesterday was down another 5 (total of 7 this week!). I know I'm in the healing time so I'm thrilled to have lost anything. I was expecting to stay plateaued until my fill (May 22nd). <<doing the happy dance>>

NSV's

• Smaller Clothes - Went from a 18/20W & sometimes 22/24W to a 14/16W.

• food Cravings Are Gone! - I no longer crave food all of the time. I no longer bing. My life isn't consumed with eating. I now focus on living.

• The "Shelf" Is Gone - the shelf I used to have for my arms to sit on, when I sit down, (upper stomach) is gone. Which means my boobs are now bigger than my stomach. Wow!

• Sex - My drive is back. It has been gone for SO LONG! I hated the way I looked. Loathed would be the correct word. I'm getting some of my confidence back!!!

I'm looking forward to NSVs that are yet to come! I feel so much better than I did two months ago. I really do feel like a new person.

I was banded on April 21st, so I'm a little behind you guys. I'm still on soft foods, but after two weeks, my appetite is BACK. I have never felt sick or really had any discomfort althought I have followed the rules and eaten small meals. Now I seem to want more food! I've lost 13 pounds since being banded and don't want to gain that back. I don't get my first fill for another two weeks. How did you guys handle being hungry?!! Jan

Hello everyone - this is my first post. I have been reading everyone's blogs for a while to get some encouragement and some answered questions and I finally figured I should join.

I am 1 day away from my 1 month mark (banded April 9th 2008) and I am down 26lbs. The first week was awesome - I was down 18lbs but I know it was mostly Fluid. Now I am going for my 1st fill on May 19th but I am not feeling that hungry. Is that normal?

I also wanted to see if anyone is having issues with bowl movements? I feel like I never have to go and I used to go at least once a day, if not more. :confused2:

weight.png

Guest Leslie2Lose

I also wanted to see if anyone is having issues with bowl movements? I feel like I never have to go and I used to go at least once a day, if not more. :confused2:

Nyyankeegirl - First of all, Welcome! :biggrin2: My BM has changed since surgery - (4/10). I used to go once a day. After the gas subsided (thank goodness!), I'm now a couple times a week. I eat A LOT LESS than I did before. I think this contributes to the difference.

I was banded on April 21st, so I'm a little behind you guys. I'm still on soft foods, but after two weeks, my appetite is BACK. I have never felt sick or really had any discomfort althought I have followed the rules and eaten small meals. Now I seem to want more food! I've lost 13 pounds since being banded and don't want to gain that back. I don't get my first fill for another two weeks. How did you guys handle being hungry?!! Jan

Hi, we our on the exact same boat. My Surgean is going to let me get my fill on the 30. I can't wait.:lol: