Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do Fills Hurt...please Tell!

i know you have probably had this thread a million times before but ive still not found out by anyone if fills hurt!!

im no wimp and im certainly not scared of needles ( i have my ears,nose,eyebrow,labret,tongue,and navel pierced!)

but still im a little concerned about getting a fill, im hoping for one when i see my surgeon in october, my port is inbetween my boobs (sternum) and you can really feel it underneath my skin, i can imagine it to hurt when they injected it, can anyone tell me if it will!!???

thank you!

I just had my first fill last Monday and really, it was one little prick and that's it. The hardest part was being able to tell when it was filled enough. I would drink 3 gulps, my doc would fill a lttle and then I would drink 3 more gulps and he wanted me to tell him the difference. I think I eventually hit it right, at 1.5cc, as I can only eat a small amount, but Water still goes down fine.

Good luck!

oh good, im glad it dosnt hurt that much, where is your port?,

didnt they numb the area before injecting?, im sure i heard that some people have it numbed first.

My port is just under my sternum and the doc didn't numb it at all. It's really no worse than a blood test or flu shot. Actually, now that I think about it, flu shots hurt more...

It fills more like a push then a prick. like someones using a knuckle to press against your port.

glad its not that painfull, i must seem like a bit of a wimp...if i can go through childbirth have 14 piercings and an operation....im sure i can handle a little prick!!! thanks all!

I will not touch that line,,,,,,I will not touch that line,,,,,,,

"I'm sure I can handle a little prick............"

I will not touch that line,,,,,,I will not touch that line,,,,,,,

Vampy, I'm really surprised that someone with 14 piercings would be worried about a fill!! I'm a total needle-phobic and I'm not worried. :)

I hate the little pricks, though... :)

llbcurtis shame on you!!!....ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone, thanks bandaid, ill go have a look, i know its hard to believe i was worried about a littlt PRICK ( stop it llbcurtis !!!!!! lol) when ive so many piercing...but i was, i feel much better now so thanks....and llbcurtis has just made my day!!!