Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IT'S OFFICIAL: I am at the lower half of the 200's!

Wow!

I am on cloud nine today! My scale registered at 249.8 pounds! I am OFFICIALLY in the lower portion of the 200's, as well as now having less than 100 total pounds until I reach goal.

When was the last time I'd actually seen the 240's? Hmmm... Gosh, I really don't know. I'm sure it was right after Hubby and I started our lifelong journey together. I gained weight like crazy after we got together. So then, that would be a good 14 years. OMG.

To his credit, he never complained. Not until I was told I have HBP, then he let me know it was time to get healthy. Bless his heart, he is doing it all with me! :thumbup: He has lost about 10 pounds himself. He wants to lose maybe another 15-20. He did get over to about 205, but he is 195 right now.

The best part of all of this is, I really don't feel like I'm struggling all that much. My portions are truly small, and I pretty much eat what I want. Mostly I try to make as healthy choice as I can, but not always. Nope, not perfect by any means, but I'm not going to bang myself in the head like I used to. I just simply get over it, move on and continue with the right thing. I don't tend to gain weight rapidly like before either, when I would go out on my "binges". I'll pretty much just hang around the same weight I am at that time, and then when I'm ready to lose, I do. I can't really binge much anymore anyway. I mean, I know of the little ways to get around the band already for being a newbie, as they were mentioned to me by my nutritionist, but for me, that was good to know. So I know what to avoid doing.

I know as I reach goal the weight won't be so nice to just melt away, but that's ok. I'll deal with that demon when the time comes. Right now, I'm just going to smile and enjoy all my (not so) hard work! :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong though, I do my exercises, rain or shine - NO EXCEPTIONS! I mean, I am doing a little something here... :)

Congratulations. You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

Congrats! You're doing such a great job. You're my role model.

Yeah!!! Thanks for sharing!! It is nice to hear about the great thing this band is doing for us. And to help us remember, when it is not going so great, that we have to Celebrate our new lifestyle!!

And good for you for excersising!!!

Thanks everybody! You are so kind!! :)

I just like to share the good news because I am so excited to have gotten my band. It's one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Working on becoming healthy has brought out more than just health. I also have become much more outgoing. In fact I have been doing lots of training at work. I work for Cal-Fire and this summer I will be called out to some major fires to help with payment processing for the firefighters. It will be pretty damanding, and I know it's not something I would have been able to pull off had I still been at my largest.

I have in total since my heaviest weight lost 80 lbs. That is a lot of weight to carry around, especially now that I see I have about 99 more to lose. I often wonder how I was able to do that and why it took me so long to come out of that fog of denial. I think the fact I was diagnosed with hypertension really woke me up because we've had a family tragedy with it. I've seen that it is very dangerous and it CAN kill you...

Anyway, stay strong VV's. We are all in this together. Take care!

Congratulations and wow! We have so much in common. We're at the same weight. Have about the same left to lose. My dh is losing weight too, though he doesn't really need to. I've been pondering about when the last time was that I weighed about this much. I honestly am not sure. When your weight is going up and up and up, who wants to weigh often and keep track? Not me. So I remember from several weight loss efforts where I was, but other than that I'm lost.

I don't feel like I've been struggling too hard and I keep saying that I know that as I get closer to goal that it will get harder.

The only thing I can't say is that I'm on the exercise wagon just yet. I'm active (I run a daycare), but haven't gotten much formal exercise in.

It's fun to read someone's post and really be able to relate.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa, it really is nice to see someone with the about the same circumstances as myself. That is what is so great about this forum. You are bound to find a few around that have similar backgrounds and roads to travel.

It's funny you mention the scale. Long ago I used to weigh-in daily to make sure I'm not gaining too much and it really would keep me in check. However, I was young and though I knew it all, so I didn't keep the weight off in the most healthy manner. Then one day I just said, whatever! and stopped checking my weight. Before I knew it I was in sizes only carried in special stores. I was scared at that point to weigh myself. When I finally did step on the scale, due to health problems as a result of not taking good care of my body, I was shocked. I had even lost a whole dress size at that point, so I know it was at least 10-15 lbs. more at my highest.

Well, since I've been trying to be as healthy as possible, I do still weigh in every day, after morning relief and naked of course. I figure if I do it at the same time every day I won't see any weird fluctuations. It works for me to keep me in line, and I know that isn't for everyone, but if I didn't, I fear I won't work as hard.

:lol:Hey Lil Miss! Way to go!! I knew you would do it! See you are an inspiration to all of us!!:biggrin: I am so happy for you! I have 10 more pounds to go before I reach my first dream goal!! Woo Hoo! I have been trying to be a good girl and not cheat..cuz I think my nutritionist has that same secret book your's does!!:biggrin2: This last fill I think has done a lot for me..don't feel the hunger like I did and I knew you were reaching for that ONE derland goal!! Great going! Happy, Happy, Happy for you!!:thumbup:

Queenie, you are always so optimistic, and I just love that about you! Thanks so much, I look forward to your posts, they are a joy to read.

Truth be told, I know I said it doesn't feel like I have to work hard for it, but I really do. I mean, I had surgery for goodness sake! I workout nine hours per week, and no leisurely stuff either for someone my size. I think I'm just glad I started my routines long before my surgery, a few years even with the exercising. It just was never enough and I realized I needed help with my food intake. I always ate too much at my meals! Not in a bingeing type of way, just my portions were huge (especially now in comparison). So I know my band is working for me now!

And you girl are rockin' it too! Good for you!! Together we will get there. I'm so happy for you that your fill is doing its job, I know, there is nothing better than having the perfect restriction... at least for the moment. :thumbup:

Queenie, you are always so optimistic, and I just love that about you! Thanks so much, I look forward to your posts, they are a joy to read.

Truth be told, I know I said it doesn't feel like I have to work hard for it, but I really do. I mean, I had surgery for goodness sake! I workout nine hours per week, and no leisurely stuff either for someone my size. I think I'm just glad I started my routines long before my surgery, a few years even with the exercising. It just was never enough and I realized I needed help with my food intake. I always ate too much at my meals! Not in a bingeing type of way, just my portions were huge (especially now in comparison). So I know my band is working for me now!

And you girl are rockin' it too! Good for you!! Together we will get there. I'm so happy for you that your fill is doing its job, I know, there is nothing better than having the perfect restriction... at least for the moment. :laugh:

:rolleyes2:Gosh, thanks! But actually you deserve every compliment I can see because of your drive and your resolution to combat this head on and I have to admit that I enjoy your posts as well! :smile: I am really happy for you since losing all these extra pounds will definitely help you battle those fires that seem to happen in CA quite often! :sad: Your hubby deserve congrats too! Send him my best as well! :smile: That's great that you have your partner helping you side by side!!:w00t: My hubby is like Jax's, he doesn't want me to get too skinny (is there such as thing??:tt2:)! :biggrin2: All the VV's are doing so great!:smile2: I can read these posts for hours and sit here imagining how many beautiful smiles are popping up when they step on the scales! :smile2: AWESOME!!:w00t: Keep up the good work~I am proud of you!!:thumbup: