Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice On Diet

hi, ive lost 42lbs so far was banded on 4th june 03,

im happy with the rate of loss so far but was wondering if i could speed things up a bit,

ive noticed alot of people on here talking about protien and carbs etc,

i actually dont eat that much different to before i was banded, of course i dont eat much junk food nor do i have Snacks in between meals,but i eat normal meals just a lot less of it... but was interested to see if i ate more protien etc if it would make a difference to my loss, any advice would be appriciated!

I have insulin resistance (borderline diabetes) so I think the higher Protein, lower carb way of eating just makes me feel better and probably helps my blood sugar. I have heard people say it helps the weight loss, too. I guess you could always try it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Nancy

You've lost 42 lbs in 3 1/2 months and you want to speed it up?

If I were you I'd keep doing exactly what I was doing and not change anything.

Lori in PA

Originally posted by sprtsmom

You've lost 42 lbs in 3 1/2 months and you want to speed it up?

If I were you I'd keep doing exactly what I was doing and not change anything.

Lori in PA

i totally agree with Lori.

your doing great with your weightloss. you do want to give you body the time to adjust to loosing all that weight lolss

thanks for all your advice, like i said, i know i am doing well so far, but as i am eating normaly i dont think im eating as healthy as i should be, i was just wondering if the high Protein low carb diet would make me feel better or be healthier than what im actually eating now...ive actualy not lost any weight for a few weeks now and i think i need a kick start....or a fill..if my surgeon will give me one!