Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

French vanilla - without Protein Shakes I would have died. I tried to do without this week as I can now have creamy Soups. It is not going well so I am going to break down and buy the Protein bullets. I think you should consider doing this also as you need the protein and it is so hard without a protein powerhouse in your diet when you are on liquids. My daughter works at Vitamin World and there they are called whey Liquid Protein sold in boxes of 12. I am following the advice of someone on this board and getting grape flavor to get me through the rest of my liquid days.

Hey French Vanilla,

I'm 3 weeks and 3 days out and started creamy stuff this week, as my doc has 2 weeks Clear Liquids,,,it's frustrating cuz they are all different with the diets!! But the first 6 days are the hardest with the hunger, when you move into the second week, your hunger will abate quite a bit as u adjust to less food and the ups and downs of carbs that we are used to with a regular diet. I have not felt too hot either cuz I think I got into heavy ketosis on Monday, headaches, lightheaded, dizzy and grumpy!! But try to get the 60 grams of Protein in daily(with mootopia if your doc allows, it has extra Protein and a little carbs), that will help a lot and when you get to creamy Soups that should make you feel better too! Hang in there girl, I know it's hard, in fact, I was not prepared AT ALL for the amount of hunger I was going to feel afterwards, and it has been one of the hardest parts for me! Finding this forum and chatting during the day or whenever I felt weak has REALLY helped also, there are a lot of great folks on here that will help us! Let me know how you are doing!

Take care,

Bluefish62

Darie

San Antonio

I just read through the past five pages and wow I can't believe that 305 other people changed their lives this month. I am so proud and excited for everyone as I am myself.

I have had a good week, moving to full liquids tomorrow. Have my post op appointment and am looking foward to seeing how much I have lost. My incisions are healing nicely and expect for discomfort where the port is I feel great. I am having the hardest time getting comfortable at night. :thumbup: . I am also able to drink more than I thought. I just had some creamier Soup than I have been and there is some discomfort in the chest.

BEST NEWS OF ALL...I left the hospital last week without my blood pressure medication, today I had it checked and it was great and tomorrow and am hoping to hea that I can continue not taking it!!!!!!!

ALSO My finance is going in tomorrow morning for his band. We have to be there at the ass crack of dawn and since it takes me an hour or so to fall asleep and it is already 11 and many of you are wondering when she is going to stop gabbing I will say Good Night and Happy Start to a wonderful and healthy new life!!!!!

Great Kiki on not needing your BP meds. I also had a drop (to normal and below while in the hospital. And when I got home, I never did have a high reading and haven't taken mine since the 2nd of June! So I guess thats cured!! Good luck to your fiance on his surgery. Thats great that you are both going to be going thru this together. Hope you are both wonderful supports for each other. Thats what makes it work!!

Hey French Vanilla,

I'm 3 weeks and 3 days out and started creamy stuff this week, as my doc has 2 weeks Clear Liquids, ,,it's frustrating cuz they are all different with the diets!! But the first 6 days are the hardest with the hunger, when you move into the second week, your hunger will abate quite a bit as u adjust to less food and the ups and downs of carbs that we are used to with a regular diet. I have not felt too hot either cuz I think I got into heavy ketosis on Monday, headaches, lightheaded, dizzy and grumpy!! But try to get the 60 grams of Protein in daily(with mootopia if your doc allows, it has extra Protein and a little carbs), that will help a lot and when you get to creamy Soups that should make you feel better too! Hang in there girl, I know it's hard, in fact, I was not prepared AT ALL for the amount of hunger I was going to feel afterwards, and it has been one of the hardest parts for me! Finding this forum and chatting during the day or whenever I felt weak has REALLY helped also, there are a lot of great folks on here that will help us! Let me know how you are doing!

Take care,

Bluefish62

Darie

San Antonio

Im doin a little better today, but i keep havin sharp pain when i breathe in to deeply im assuming its gas pain, also my stomach wants to burp it comes all the way up but wont come out???!! LOL :thumbup:

French vanilla,

Did they give you an incentive spirometer to use when you got home? It is a little plastic tube you place in your mouth and inhale through to help keep your lungs clear? Sometimes with all the pain, we don't inhale as deep as we should. This helps keep your lungs clear while your activity is down and makes your chest not hurt so much either. It is an exercise designed to make you cough though, which can be a little uncomfortable. It has helped me a great deal though.

If they didn't give you one, you can also get a straw and blow through it or blow bubbles or even a party horn. It may sound silly, but it does help with some of that chest pain, or it has for me anyway.

French vanilla,

I feel for you. I have just finished TWO weeks of clears. The first few days were no problem.. it was the end of the first week that I was going crazy. I was about ready to throw broth at anyone who told me to 'eat some broth if you're hungry"..

The middle of the second week I was much better again and I found my grumbling tummy subsided. I was just excited to see the pounds come off everyday!!... When I was going mad I had a great mantra!.. try it!!.

Look at whatever food it is that is tempting you (or grossing you out.. ie BROTH) and say.. "I AM STRONGER THAN YOU.. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME EAT YOU'..

You can do this in your head if you fear family members will call men in white coats!! it DID work for me.

Am on puree now.. still quite loose puree but enough substance to satisfy.

I posted two recipes for broth (french onion and Chinese chicken).. yummy! got me through..

take care and all the best.. three weeks out of your life is marginal in the grand scheme of things and HEY!>. I didn't have sugar free anything or Protein drinks!!... (they haven't heard of that here in Spain! )... so you do have a larger range of clears than I had..

You go girl!! you can do it!

thanks soooo much for your replies i feel better already!!! talkin to people who have been through it really helps,big hugs to all!

:thumbup:Jazzy Junes! :frown:TOTAL 308 (WOW)

All the June Bugs are Banded!:) The list has completely flipped!

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink, Wiskeypie

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe,

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz, HildaM

bananalama.gif16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36, bluefish62

Banane21.gif 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

Banane43.gif 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

Banane27.gif 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

Banane30.gif 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

Banane27.gif23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

Banane10.gif 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

Banane43.gif 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjeanm, Becqui

Banane21.gif 26

Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b, SkinnieMinnie

Banane30.gif27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1, NewHere37, tootwohot, KeyRN

Banane10.gif 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71, LilyLily

I am finally starting to feel better, lapband wise. The intense itching is not quite as bad. I am till having quite a lot of port pain (which I understand is normal) I am still having the gas (or, according to my doctor, not gas) pain...though nowhere nearly as bad. :thumbup:

My newest thing, though, is I have something called a seroma. It is down right above my belly button (the only place on my entire abdomen that does not have an incision) A seroma is a pocket of Fluid under the skin. It is quite swollen and painful. :redface: This was from the hernia repair done the same time as my band. My doctor does not believe in draining these. The previous repair I had done I developed one of these, and my surgeon at the time had a drain put in. I am just hoping this does not last too long...I just want to be better.

I have not been on here in a while and i just wanted to say congrats to everyone.....today makes one month for me....i got my fill on the 11th and i am surprised i don't feel any different than before the surgery....i notice a little restriction but so far all foods are going down perfectly fine......but i am working out 3 days a week and trying to move it up to 4x a week....i have 2.6cc in a 10cc band and i will defiantly be going back in two weeks for a second fill...so congrats all

:smile2:Jazzy Junes! :)TOTAL 310 (WOW)

All the June Bugs are Banded!:crying: The list has completely flipped!

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink, Wiskeypie

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe,

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz, HildaM

bananalama.gif16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36, bluefish62

Banane21.gif 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk, C5711, Lady77

Banane43.gif 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

Banane27.gif 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

Banane30.gif 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

Banane27.gif23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

Banane10.gif 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

Banane43.gif 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjeanm, Becqui, nutter0223

Banane21.gif 26

Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b, SkinnieMinnie

Banane30.gif27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1, NewHere37, tootwohot, KeyRN

Banane10.gif 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71, LilyLily