Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing 100 in a year?

nikki anything is possible! depends on how much someone has to loose, how much they are willing to make good food choices and how much they're willing to exercise to get there :lol:

I totally agree it is possible. A good exercise and meal planning regiment works for me. I have now become obsessed with exercise and working out, and love the feeling afterwards.

Absolutely positive Nikki. I don't think it can be done without alot of exercising too. I haven't been banded a year yet, but I started a pre-surgery diet three months before surgery and I've lost 125 in 12 months.

Best wishes for your hundred in a year.

Sue

It's absolutely possible. I've lost close to 110 in about 9 mos. Exercise is the key component to it.

yes it is possible...work hard, be honest with yourself, and exercise!!!!

Good luck

My honest answer would be - depends #1 on how much you're willing to work at it, and #2 how much you have to lose. If you only have 100 lbs to lose, getting there in a year is going to be much tougher than if you have 200 lbs to lose.

My daughter lost about 100 lb in a year, without much in the way of exercise. I have had less to lose, but have lost 68 in 10 months (counting my pre op diet time) and ride my bike 5-10 miles a day for exercise. It is definitely doable.

Yep, I did it.

Then I gained some back after needing an unfill, so my ticker doesn't show it. However, I made it from 272 in May 07 to 171 in Feb 08

Most of you mentioned the importance of exercise which I am glad to see. However, what kind of exercise and how much have you all found to be effective in helping you shed 100 lbs in a year? My doctor recommended one our of walkinga day (no distance suggested). Just bought a Pilates machine that was the Today's Special Value Saturday which actually arrived today. Now I'm scared. I know I'm not physically ready to start traing because my surgery was on 8 Apr. It'll be waiting on me

Edited by Godshelp

when i first started i was about 400 pounds, so much exercise was nearly impossible.

started on the treadmill for 5 minutes, next day i went 7, then gradually increased time and then speed then finally incline.

i then went to the elliptical machine and bike.

about a month after my surgery i started with a personal trainer, still go to one now.

now i am training for a marathon in October (Minnie marathon - 15K - is this weekend), i plan to walk/run it ... walk 2 mins/run 1 min or as long as i can..

get out and do it, increase it and challenge yourself. PUSH yourself a tad farther than you think you can go.

I started with 10 minutes a day. I slowly increased my time, I was on the treadmill or the ellypitical.

Like LJM just said, the key is to always set goals that stretch you just a little further than what you can do today, and then work to meet those goals.

You can work on increasing time, strength, ability, all a little bit at a time.

Everyone had to start somewhere. You'll do GREAT!