Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm failing my band....so someone PLEASE kick me in the butt!!

Its been 9 months(ish) since I got banded and for the first 7 months I went gun-ho and lost about 60 pounds or so but now I'm stuck...and BAD!

I'm coming here to confess my "sins" and hope that I can find my motivation (so if you see it could you point it back in my direction I really think its lost!! and I miss her!). Anyway, about 2 months ago I began the process of selling my house, buying a new one, leaving my husband and living a lone. Somewhere in there I lost my motivation. I went from working out 4-5 times a week to maybe 1-2 times...I had a personal trainer that I saw at least once a week..now I'm broke and can't afford her. I was excited about the thought of buying new clothes as I was shrinking...now I dread that because I know I can't afford to buy any new clothes.....I was excited about having a new "normal" looking me...now that idea scares me to death because now I'm going to be judge for who I am and not what I look like and that frankly scares me too.

I know that I need to get back on the bandster way of life...I need to go back to following my bandster rules (I can't find my "bandster" book of rules!! ugh..lost it in the move). I'm trying to get back to the gym but don't know why my lazy butt won't go............................

thanks for listening to this rubbish...now please someone...kick me in the butt and tell me how to find my motivation!!!!! I'm looking for her really hard!

KICK! KICK!

Gwhite. Hang in there. Things will get better. You can do this!!! Be proud of yourself for what you have already accomplished. Snap out of it and get back on the program. Good Luck!

gwhite - You are okay - I am banded same as you - and I have only lost 35 lbs and I know that most of that is lack of planning on my part but I have had 7 fills and still not at my sweet spot, but you know what - I am happier then I was a year ago and oh so much more healthy. We will make it !!!

You can do it!!!

Think of your weight loss as ridding yourself of the old. For every pound - your getting rid of the old you, the old house, the old habits, the old emotional scars. You have to lose all the old stuff so the new you can bloom; so you can shine!

We are all here with you!

gwhite,

Has anybody told you lately how amazing you are? How brave you have been to take the steps you have taken? What an amazing gift is this body we live in? You have already done things that some people live all their lives without doing. In 1999 my husband died of lung cancer and I lived by myself for the first time in my life at age 50. It can be frightening or it can be an amazing opportunity, you get to make the choice. Don't kick yourself when you are down, just pick yourself up and get going. Goodwill, Salvation Army and others have great clothes you can wrap your creative side around, it doesn't take much money to create a stunning outfit. Be as kind to yourself as you would be to someone you love. You gotta love yourself first, it's a rule.

Blessings,

Sally

I agree with "my turn" and "a great need" posts! They nailed in on the head. You don't need to be kicked in the butt. You need to be inspired and know that others care about your success and journey. Once you know that everyone is behind you, it's easy to succeed. :crying: Keep the faith! It's going to work.

Working with the band is hard. It takes planning. Meals, shopping, figuring out when and where and what kind of exercise to do.

You have a lot on your plate right now and you probably just can't dedicate the effort and mind set to all these things at one time. Moving, no husband anymore, selling house, etc. Ok, so you slowed down or slid backwards on the band thing. Tell yourself that is over now!

You don't need a trainer to work out. Walk out the front door and walk. Find a walking path or trail and just go. You'll proably find you can use the time while walking to plan other things out or just clear your mind.

Clothes: Go to a consignment store or Marshalls or Target. They don't have to be expensive. Consignment stores have lots of clothes that other people might have worn once or twice and some still have tags on them. You know when you buy something "new" someone before you probably tried it on, so what's the difference?

You've been banded for nine months and have been doing well, you don't need your bandster rule book, you know the rules!

do I have to come over there and kick you in person? LOL

P.S. Do you need a fill?

Hi, I usually just read and learn from other people's experiences; but when I read yours I felt compelled to respond. I've been banded for 11months and have managed to loose 50lbs. I've been stuck here for over four months now. I lost three more then gain seven and just started loosing again. There are different reasons why we keep gaining or stuck, mostly for me I found it’s because I rarely exercise and have not been eating right; (and I have one reason for the other for this behavior). Although in my mind I always feel am eating right, until I religiously started to note what I was eating. I started logging my food on sparkpeople.com. I feel this site to be a great motivator. It tells me my caloric intake and gives me easy exercises I can do. The other thing that’s been helping me is walking now that the weather's nice. I sent out an email looking for walking buddies and got some responses. Am however thinking of walking alone sometimes because it gives me time to think of stuff. Try to leave the house and walk somewhere because staying at home for me makes me eat more, am constantly hovering around my fridge. Life's not easy but you're doing the right thing by asking for help. You can never get lost when you ask for directions. Good luck to you and I wish you all the best.:crying:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

HEY!!!!!!!!!

SNAP out of it you know what the problem is you feel depressed because your are leaving your husbant and probley feel as though its hard to start over! well guess what babes you have alrwady come this far and have done SO well...... you do not need a trainer ( even though it is a plus) you need to set you mind right. you have done a great 1st step reaching out to people and asking for help! you need to get off your butt and do this for you!!!! rememeber true strength is show when things get though! it takes alot of strength for all of us to go threw this! snaps to everyone on here! I KNOW YOU WILL FIND YOUR WAY :crying:

im here for you

I think you are a wonderful person! You made a very tough decision in being banded and you have put in countless hours of hard work since. So what if you lost your way? It's a new day and you can put all of that behind you (you have already done so by moving) get rid of the old and bring in the new!

I really got off track and gained a few pounds. I stopped exercising because I could always manage to find something better to do. I started to slip back into my old bad habits and somewhere along the way started to care less and less. It took my daughter (who is 11) asking me if I'd lost it or what. Those were here exact words "mom have you lost it or what?" (She is a very respectful kid, she wasn't being smartmouthed when she said it) She reminded me that I had to work very hard to be banded in the first place and that she loves me and thinks I am wonderful and that I should start thinking so too. I coulda hugged the snot right out of her! It took her brand of 11 year old brutal honesty to get my head right. I have had a fill since losing my way and things have gotten back on track. I have lost about 6 pounds since and feel great! Things will fall into place for you, you just need to believe in yourself and remember why you did this to begin with. I believe in you! :crying:

Hi gwhite. I can't add anything to these great responses you recieved. I do want to say I am very sorry you have had such difficult challenges lately. There are a lot of people here pulling for you. You have had great success so far and I think you will have great successes with your weight in the future. Maybe a small fill would be helpful. If nothing else it will help you to focus on eating with your band as a tool. I agree that it has taken great courage to make these changes. It just takes some time to recover when a person has extreme changes in their life. Hang in there and know that we at LBT care.:smile2:Tina