Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am Amanda in NC, and I'm still very early in this process; won't be attending my seminar for about ten days. I haven't made up my mind about whether to do this or not, but I did want to introduce myself and send out a thanks to the creators and members on this site - you all have been so incredibly helpful in helping me understand what it's like to actually live with a band! I have been about a size 22 for 15 years, since college, and while I've married a wonderful man and had two amazing kids at that size - well, I'm kind of done with it. It aggravates the arthritis I have due to an old ankle injury, and I suspect it's holding me back professionally as well. (Not that anybody at work will admit to that.) So I will probably be just a lurker for a while, since I don't have much experience to share.

I would be interested in talking to anyone who's been through the process with Dr. Enochs in Cary, NC and Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC. I'm pretty sure BCBSNC will cover me (I meet all their criteria in their medical policy posted online) but I still would enjoy hearing others' experiences. I'm interested in hearing if you were required to complete a doctor-supervised weight loss program first. I've never done an extended physician-supervised weight loss program, although I've tried phentermine twice in the last 10 years, prescribed by local docs, but I developed a tolerance each time after about two months and I didn't stick with it. Thanks to everyone!

Hi Amanda

I am new to this web site too and am just learning my way around it. It is great!! I have been thinking about surgery for a year and now I have my date. Best wishes to you, Becky

Hi Amanda, and welcome to LBT. We are glad to have you join us. You will find a wealth of information here that will be helpful to you in your decision. Also, check out the local North Carolina forum, as you will probably find others there that have used the surgeon you are considering.

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any questions, we are glad to help in any way we can.

Hi Amanda! Good luck on your journey. If you have any questions, ask away! There is a lot of information and support here. Keep us posted on your progress!

Hi Amanda. Sounds like we are from the same area. I live in Clayton and work in Raleigh and plan on using Dr. Enochs. I've read a couple of threads of people that love him and have great things to say about him.

I'd love to have someone close by to go through this journey with. Let me know if you're interested in chatting. Good luck to you.

mpope@smithdebnamlaw.com is my email.

Hey girl. I'm from Raleigh. I'm looking into getting specifically the REALIZEBand at Pinehurst Medical Center.

I'm attending a seminar next month but I'm right in the middle of switching jobs, so it might be a little tough to do with new insurance kicking in and taking time off to go to doctors appointments.

I hope to get the surgery, cause I really need a change in my life. I can't stand to look at my self in the mirror anymore. I've tried dieting for a while now.. nothing works. That's why i've decided to do this.

I hope your surgery goes well!

I wish you all the luck.

If you ever wanna chat, it would be cool to have a fellow NC to talk to.