Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

I used the Vitamin 3 oils on my 3rd degree leg burns and boy it you don't think that'll take scars AWAY, not just lighten them, your wrong. Anybody that has they're doubts, look at my burn pics I posted. Wow, did it ever work.

What are "vitamin 3 oils"?

I'm pretty sure she meant Vitamin E oils!

BTW, just a word of caution before ya start putting vitamin E oil on your skin....it can cause a wicked allergic reaction in a number of people; so be sure to check a small area first!!! I know this from experience....I can't use vit. E on my skin at all.

Yes, I mean Vitamin E oils.

I had one of the best plastic surgeons in the world and you can ask Amy, she couldn't even tell I had been burned. They do awesome wonders. I mean after skin grafts and neck surgery, foot surgery and now my scars from this surgery already look fabulous. I use the oil, my surgeon, (burn) said it's the best, but you can buy it in lotion form, butter form and capsules and probably other ways too.

Does it work on scars that are not new and fresh? Also, does it help reduce keloids?

Thanks.

Awesome, I think I am going to head out to the drugstore today then. My scars from my band don't bother me too much, but I have some really bad ones on my breasts from when I had reduction surgery about a million years ago. I have always hated them. It is definitely worth a shot and I have nothing to lose but the ugly scars.

Thanks Kim, I have a Walmart close to work, so will run by there on my lunch hour tomorrow.

One of my incisions is infected. I have been trying to put peroxide on it and then triple antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. Do you thing this is wrong?

Honestly, I wouldn't be trying to cure an infection at home by myself. If I were you, I would contact my doctor immediately.

i would contune to put triple antibiotic ointment and a bandaid on it the peroxide i'd stop for a little bit, also dont keep the bandaid on it all day, let the cut dry out, infection like wet dark places, so maybe in the morning or b4 you go to bed take the bandaid off clean the cut with soap and Water, dry it with a towel and let it dry out for maybe an hour or 2.

yeah I've been wearing a bandaid to bed at night but during the day it's open to dry. It's not a horrible infection but it does have some puss coming out of it and it's not a sealed together incision like my other 4. The lapband center said to keep putting the ointment on and see how it does.

[ATTACH]6058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6060[/ATTACH]2 pics of me and my scars ill get better 1 tommorow you kinda can see my insulin pump on the lower right side looks like a circle

Obviously the bandages are still on. I took this myself, and I had the hardest time holding up my shirt and aiming the camera. It didn't occur to me to take off the shirt. The largest bandage is my port. It had stopped bleeding by then but I was too chicken to take off the bandage.

There is also some blue ink in a couple of places. I think the doc must've gotten bored and decided to draw on me. :cool:

(I hope the pics. aren't incredibly giant sized)

ScarsCloseupsmall.jpg