Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 4-23, on liquids and really weak...

I only have to do a two day liquid diet before sugery tomorrow, and I feel AWEFUL! Today is my second day, but after surgery this will continue for two weeks on full liquids. I feel tired, sloshy, like I could roll away in a river, headaches, weak, and irritable. I feel like I'm not eating enough maybe? I got Protein Shakes yesterday and have yet to have one this morning, I had carnation instant Breakfast so far. Is this normal? I'm STARVING on top of all this! I know after surgery when maybe you don't feel 100%, it's easier to not wanna eat, but I have two little ones, and feel like if this weakness and blah feeling last until I start mushies, I'm going to need a lot more help that I thought with my kids. All I wanna do is sleep right now, I'm so tired.....I really need some help, if this is normal fine, but damn I feel terrible!

This is normal. I felt horrible my first three days on a liquid diet. It is really hard. I have been on a liquid diet for 1 1/2 weeks, had a couple of cheats but moved on from it. If I didn't have food issues, I wouldn't be here. My surgery is this Friday. Do you have any support that can help you with the kids? See if you can have someone mind them while you get some sleep. I have been tired, irritable and weak but I know this is only for a short time. Hang in there. It is a long and worthwhile journey. Take care.:)

try to have one of your Protein shakes, the carnation instant breakfasts taste good but are no comparison for an actual Protein shake, the carnation one might have 5 or 6 gms I think where as the other has 20-30gms usually, I think you'll find with the additional Protein you'll feel far more satiated, also in the weeks post op, for at least the 1st week you will not be hungry at all, I was not hungry for 2 full weeks and would have to force myself to have some Soup or yogurt, I was on a liquid diet for 3 weeks post op, and it actually was far easier than I could have imagined.

I was banded 3/25 by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon, just take it 1 hour at a time.

Hi timetoband me,

Try and hang in there. I have 14 days of a liquid diet..... I do agree that you really need to try the Protein. I think that has helped immensely. I have found the Atkins shakes to be pretty decent and they have 15 grams of protein!

Take care and best wishes tomorrow!

:glare: I'm in my first of 2 weeks for the Pre surgery liquid diet. I starve easily too. I'm allowed a mid-morning snack of cottage cheese or something like that, but it barely carries me over. I can also have a mid-afternoon snack, and a light dinner of vegies and 4oz of protein; so by evening I'm okay. My surgery is the 30th and I have to confess, I've had a bad day so far. I've eaten way too much today and it's only 4pm. I've got to get back on track. I'll just have my Protein Drink tonight instead of dinner. I really like the Slim Fast Low Carb, in the blue and white can. Really good.

Edited by dbowers

I started liquid on Saturday. I do have to say Sunday and Monday were bad for me. Today, I am better walked a mile after lunch (slim fast low carb with added whey protein). I will have Protein only for dinner. This coming Saturday it will be liquids only until surgery on Monday the 28th!

Hang in there....Are you adding any whey?

Maria

I'm new to this. I don't know if I even know how to use this forum but I'll give it a try. my question is I'm filling out the form to try and get approved for the lap band. Any suggestions on getting that form filled out right so I can get approved?

My preop diet is going to be starting in 7 days....should I be worried about driving and working while on this diet. I am allowed cottage cheese, sf jellos, sf pops, and Atkins shakes. I wonder how weak I will be since I get Migraines if I dont eat??? I am really concerned about being able to be ok with only liquid diet.< /p>

I think everyone has hit the nail on the head ... Protein really does make you feel better and more importantly full. I've been on a liquid diet for a week 1/2 (surgery is 4/29) and the more protein I get in a day the better I feel. My doc requires a minimum of 60 grams a day but really suggests a 70-80 gram range. I had a really tough day on Tuesday....just like you...really tired with no energy. I had been good with my protein intake so my husband suggested the treadmill. It was 7PM and the last thing I wanted to do was get on the treadmill but I did 30 minutes anyway. I felt like a new woman afterwards. Totally got my second wind and ended up wide awake until midnight. So maybe a little exercise might give you the boost you need.