Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I was banded on the 16th and everything went really well. I was in minimal discomfort, no vomiting just the usual gas pains. So I am on day four and according to my doctor I have to stay on Clear Liquids for another 2 days. Problem is, chicken broth, Vitamin Water and Jello is not cutting it. I ended up having a quarter cup of a slim fast drink and a pudding cup. Do you think I could have screwed myself in a moment of weakness? I am consuimg everything slowly but I was so wasted from little/no nutrients that I had to do something. Now I feel about a hundred times better but I worry I could have screwed myself.... HELP!

I know I know I know how hard those first few weeks are but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important that you follow what your doctor told you! You are only 3 days out from surgery and your band is new and there is still a lot of swelling and you shouldn't take ANY risks, especially this early!! Please call your doctor and see what other options there are if you are feeling this bad. I drank a liquid Vitamin drink and that helped a TON!! Ask your doctor about gatorade maybe? I had that too. I am sorry if I am sounding harsh but these early days are crucial. Plus you have to get in the habit of a lifetime of changes that if you don't follow it how you are supposed to, could result in horrible complications at any time. Trust me, I have been there and it's no fun.

I know how hard it is but hang in there. Think about why you did this to begin with. It is worth the discomfort to begin with. Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Suzie :tongue_smilie:

Everyones post op diet is different. I was allowed to have Tomato Soup. Did you have any problems after you had the shake and pudding? I am sure you didn't hurt yourself but just get back on track tomorrow. you can always contact your dr. and ask him if itis ok to introduce something else. I got a Protein Drink from GNC called iso pure. it is a liquid like gatorade and it has 40 grams of Protein. That helped.

I have not be banded yet but it is scheduled for the 5th of may, my two weeks of post-op includes slimfast Protein shakes, not any variety that specific one, so I believe you did alright. Just stick to the liquids untill he say mushy foods. I always say if I could be on a liquid diet I won't be phat in the first place.lol..Can't wait to be in your shoes, scared a few times this week but am better since I found this site.

Shee:thumbup:

I would call your doc to clear it, but with what you ate, I would not freak out. I was on full liquids two weeks after surgery, which included : creamy Soups, sugar free puddings, sugar fudge pops, and sugar free Jello. Basically, I was permitted to eat anything that I could suck thru a straw, lol. You did not eat anything that would totally screw your bad, so I think that you will be ok. Call your doc, and then just remember that tomorrow is another day. Suck it up, and then start over. You can do this!!!!

Thank you, yes tomorrow is another day. But it made me feel SO much better to have something in my system so maybe I will call my doctor and see. Their are so many different versions of the liquid diet, some include Tomato Soup and milk but mine does not. I will try again tomorrow. I would think that if I screwed something up I would feel it but I guess thats just an assumption. Nothing has changed in my tummy, still just a bit sore and a bit of the gas pressure in my chest and shoulder. I went for a walk to see if that would help but nothing so far.

Thanks for the encouragment!