Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had to laugh.

I started my job at Linens-n-Things on Monday. If you aren't familiar with it, it's basically exactly like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Someone actually came up to me today in the store (I was restocking some items) and asked, "Do you work here?" It was all I could do to not say, "No, I'm just wearing a white t-shirt, khakis, and a big-ass red apron with Linens-n-Things printed on it and pushing around a giant hamper full of crap for fun." Unfortunately, all I'm allowed to say is, "Yes, how may I help you?"

Haha the opposite is always happening to my best friend. He is a very well dressed, well groomed, attractive, built, straight out of GQ gay 18 year old. Whenever he goes into stores, like banana republic, heritage 1981, gap, hollister, abercrombie, etc, people ALWAYS come up and ask him for a different size, or to let them in the fitting room... its pretty funny sometimes but he is always embarrassed when he has to direct the people to someone who actually does work there. We usually leave the store after that lol.

I started my job at Linens-n-Things on Monday. If you aren't familiar with it, it's basically exactly like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Someone actually came up to me today in the store (I was restocking some items) and asked, "Do you work here?" It was all I could do to not say, "No, I'm just wearing a white t-shirt, khakis, and a big-ass red apron with Linens-n-Things printed on it and pushing around a giant hamper full of crap for fun." Unfortunately, all I'm allowed to say is, "Yes, how may I help you?"

Haha. That's the trouble with working retail....you're not allowed to use sarcasm. Apart from this drawback, how's the job?

Haha. That's the trouble with working retail....you're not allowed to use sarcasm. Apart from this drawback, how's the job?
So far, so good. I think the best part's gonna be the employee discount, though. :biggrin:

So far, so good. I think the best part's gonna be the employee discount, though. :biggrin:

Mmmm...Shopping...... My favourite sport, eh.

Haha I can't work in retail anymore, It was like I was just handing my paycheck back to them every day when I would spend the whole thing on their stuff! I worked at Pier 1 for about 2 years, then I worked at Torrid for a year... so much money gone lol. BUT at Torrid we got a 40% discount!!! Then when the clearance stuff would have its 50% off sale we got a 90% discount on all of that! I bought the most beautiful prom dress (I have it in some of my album pics, its the kelly green one) for like, $2, it was in perfect condition and was orignally like, $80. Gotta love employee discounts!

You made me giggle with that. Mine doesn't compare but when I got a second job one holiday season it was at Zales.

I was working the front counter (diamond bracelets, watches etc) and this lady came in as I was rearranging the display she asked me if I worked there. My boss knowing me so well answered for me cause on the tip of my tongue was "nope, just wondered back here to look at the sparklies".

I did make an awesome commission of of her though, 3 tennis bracelets and one high end titanium watch. So her moment of idiocy was my christmas bonus :thumbup:

I worked for Linens N Things for about 2 years part time and I definitely did enjoy the employee discount, and I met some great people that work there that I still keep in contact with..It can get a little stressful there sometimes but overall I enjoyed it. I left due to my full time job sending me to a different county to work..Good luck with the job!!!