Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 10th Bandsters - Check In

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey girls!

I'm here! Sorry...I've been really busy at work.

My fill is still too tight! I talked to the doctor yesterday and he told me this is "BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION"!!!! He said "this will teach you to chew well". Okay, I get that, but come on! So he will not unfill me. I am to learn to live with this. I don't like being this tight. I really had hoped that the band would loosen a little by now, but it hasn't. I guess we'll have to see how things go.

Haven't lost any weight though being this tight.

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Turler - WTH? Behavior Modification? That's a bunch of bull. You shouldn't have to live being miserable. I hope it will loosen for you so that you can be comfortable. (hugs)

Hey Turler-

Behavior Modification?!?!

How much are you able to eat at a time and how long does it last?

See, I see this happening with my Dr. Just by his general attitude.

I wish you could hit a happy medium.......heck..... I wish we all could hit a happy medium, ha!

Thanks you guys!

I was pretty upset when he said that to me. I think if he had said it nicely and maybe explained it or something it wouldn't have stung so much, but I felt like it was a slam. You know, rude.

I think he was impatient about the fills rather than it being me. I think he is eager to get his patients to restriction so he won't have to be bothered. He is not getting any extra from me at this time because I'm under the 90 day "umbrella" from surgery. Hmmmm.

Today I was able to eat food for lunch, so maybe things are loosening up. I don't know. I will keep trying.

How are you guys doing? I feel like it's been all about me!!

~Carol

Guest Leslie2Lose

OMG! I had a fill on Friday (at the time of surgery). Honestly up until this morning I couldn't tell. I made the HUGE mistake of eating 1/2 of 1/2 a biscuit with jelly. I thought I was going to die! I had to go to the bathroom at work and take off my shirt I started sweating and getting cold. It was hearburn x 100. I KNOW I'm not supposed to have them, but I was starving this morning and wanted something to eat. NEVER AGAIN! I'll have to deal with being hungry until lunch. Dummy me forgot my Breakfast this morning! I'm going to have to stock up at lunch today.

I went to my follow-up appointment yesterday and I'd gained 4 pounds over the weekend. WTH? I was on liquids and mushies up until yesterday. The nurse told me I still have fluids in me from the surgery and it was Water weight. I sure hope so! He told me yesterday he wanted to wait another 2-3 before a fill. At the time I was a bottomless pit. It's like I woke up this morning and the band said HELLO I am here...I'm so glad he didn't do a fill!

How's everyone else?

Well it's been a few weeks everyone...how was your July 4th? Anyone losing now that we've had fills? How is everyone feeling?

I am feeling a little better. I am learning to live with this restriction. It's weird, but I'm making the best of it. I am currently on vacation in Colorado, so we've done a ton of hiking, but also a ton of eating bad stuff! Lots of Starbucks...we don't have one where we live in Ohio (can ya believe that?????). So if I don't lose any over the next few weeks, I won't be too surprised. Shame on me. Hopefully I'm just cancelling each one out!

My DH and DD are saying that they are beginning to notice a difference. They say my face is thinning, and my DD says I don't have a double chin now! LOL I still feel like I'm not getting anywhere, but I will admit that my NEW jeans are feeling big. Haven't weighed since I got here a week ago, so I'll be very curious to find out if I've made any progress when I get back!

Talk to me!!!!

~Carol

Hey Carol,

Was wondering where you were....... you and L2L went poof at the same time, ha. Vacation, I'm so jealous! Relax and have a wonderful time for all of us. Worry with the rest when you get back to reality, :thumbup:. Talk to ya soon.

Hi Karly!

Yeah, I know...it did seem as though everything stopped. I think L2L was on vacation too last month. I only have one week left and then it's back to reality. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself though. The days are going way too fast (as does any vacation). I don't want to go home, but I know it will end soon enough. **sigh**

Talk to ya soon! Great job on the 41 lb loss! WOW!

~C

HI everyone. I have been off the boards for a bit but coming in to say hey and check-in.

I'm still wavering between 41 and 43 pounds off. Making me nuts. I go down and bounce up a couple of pounds. I'm yearning for 45. But then I'll just be yearning for 50 I guess. I go to the surgeon on Tuesday, but not for a fill. I only could take 2ccs at my first fill, so he didn't think I'd need one for a long time. I'm not so sure about that right now. I can drink more at a time, and eat more at a sitting. Yes, some things don't go down as well as others, but I can get pretty much anything down if I chew well and wait for it to drop down. I'm eating less than on "diets" in the past, but I am eating quite a bit more than a couple of weeks ago. Very sudden change. I'm going on vacation in about 10 days so a fill will need to ait until after I come home. Even if I can only take 1cc, it might close the gap a bit. It's only 10 weeks since surgery, and I haven't developed the changes needed to do this "on my own" . I see the creeping up of calories a little at a time. I'm not gaining, but losing next to nothing this past week or so.

Anyway, enough complaining. How's everyone else doing?

Hi Karly!

Yeah, I know...it did seem as though everything stopped. I think L2L was on vacation too last month. I only have one week left and then it's back to reality. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself though. The days are going way too fast (as does any vacation). I don't want to go home, but I know it will end soon enough. **sigh**

Talk to ya soon! Great job on the 41 lb loss! WOW!

~C

Vacation........sighs......... I'm so jealous! Enjoy enough for both of us would ya? :( Um... don't let the 41 fool ya girlie, I think I am up two...but I am NOT changing my ticker cuz its coming back off. I am struggling. Having a lot of stress and no restriction, not a good combination. I'm supposed to be filled on the 17, I may call and beg for sooner!:)

HI everyone. I have been off the boards for a bit but coming in to say hey and check-in.

I'm still wavering between 41 and 43 pounds off. Making me nuts. I go down and bounce up a couple of pounds. I'm yearning for 45. But then I'll just be yearning for 50 I guess. I go to the surgeon on Tuesday, but not for a fill. I only could take 2ccs at my first fill, so he didn't think I'd need one for a long time. I'm not so sure about that right now. I can drink more at a time, and eat more at a sitting. Yes, some things don't go down as well as others, but I can get pretty much anything down if I chew well and wait for it to drop down. I'm eating less than on "diets" in the past, but I am eating quite a bit more than a couple of weeks ago. Very sudden change. I'm going on vacation in about 10 days so a fill will need to ait until after I come home. Even if I can only take 1cc, it might close the gap a bit. It's only 10 weeks since surgery, and I haven't developed the changes needed to do this "on my own" . I see the creeping up of calories a little at a time. I'm not gaining, but losing next to nothing this past week or so.

Anyway, enough complaining. How's everyone else doing?

Hey gd, how are you? Sounds like your doing great.

Your right where I am, I want more more more more more.

And can eat more more more, lol.. I'm experiencing major loads of stress and am a stress eater and with little or no restriction i am in constant battle.

I can't wait til I can say 50 lbs lost though...... then 75...... then 100...... then...then...then... HA! :)

I know, I know. It's rough sometimes. First I can eat much more and then I get a day like today.....can't get much down at all. Everything gets stuck. It's as if eating more yesterday sort of made everything swollen, or tighter. It's day by day. Today I barely got down a Protein drink. Have had 7 glasses of liquid -just had a glass of lactaid milk. So I've ended up having little Protein so far. dinner is a veal stew, which went down TOO easily the other night. But today, everything is slow and sticking. I tried a cracker- the same tight I had 5 of yesterday, and today - it got stuck and hurt bad.

So, how does the surgeon decide when to do another fills. When my days are like this, I don't need another. But then I have the eating days as well.

OKAY, SO WHEN DOES IT GET EASY????????????????

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi girls! I've been away lately. I've been trying not to spend so much time on my rump on the computer, but I need to check in more often. We had a good 4th. We ended up staying at home and not going to the beach much to my dismay! I hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend.

The last 3 weeks or so I've done so BAD - eating the wrong things, coming up with excuses on not to exercise. The good thing is the band kept me from overeating and I didn't gain anything. Last week we had a little get together of some locals that were banded by the same doctor. It was good to meet everyone. I decided after our meeting I had to get back on track.

The following day I had my first official fill. I have restriction! Sometimes I think it is too tight. It just depends on the day and what I eat. A lot of it I think is me though - I haven't been chewing like I am supposed to.

I'm back to exercising this week too. I'd gotten so lazy!!! I've actually done great and stayed away from my scale. I'm not going to weigh until I go to the OTC on Thursday (my official weekly weigh-in). I'm crossing my fingers for a loss!

Turler - I'm glad you are having a great time! Vacations never last long enough for me. Although I'm always happy to get home. At least you are getting some exercise in!

Karly - Hey girl! Sorry if I fell of the ends of the earth. I'm trying to be more active and not just exercise my fingers - lol...looks like you are doing great 41 lbs..you go girl!

gdf - ((hugs)) I was doing the same thing...calories creeping on...I know how you feel. My fill really helped me last week. Hopefully you'll adjust. I'm the same way. Some days everything gets stuck, others I can eat more freely. Today is a getting stuck day - I filled up really quick this morning. Hang in there!

Ya'll take care! and post when you can!

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!

Long weekend over, and back to work.

My band seems to be back to work again as well. Second tight day in a row. I'm beginning to think that I have an amazing band- looser on Friday night and Saturday so that I eat more- then it tightens up for the rest of the week. COOOOL. LOL. I'm not sure how cool it really is.

I woke up today in pain when I tried to roll onto my side in bed. Left side impossible, right side simply uncomfortable. WEIRD I thought. As if I'd done something to the band. Here's the ick part.......I went to the bathroom and let's just say it was more than I'd gone for a long time....... and then I tried lying down again, and ta-da.....almost all the pain gone. So, yet another piece of info. When my system is very full, everything's uncomfortable- I'm going to the surgeon for a follow-up tomorrow so if it happens again tonight I'll ask, but I'm finding that the anecdotal stuff we discuss is often far more than the surgeon's know.

This actually goes right in line with helping to solve my other recent issue....sex is easier in the morning when there's nothing in my stomach. Less pressure. Huge difference. I'd hate to think the two acts- sex and bathroom- we're that connected- but the evidence is in LOL!!!!!!!!!!

scale down another 1/2 pound. Good start to the week.

Bye