Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Leave Tomorrow! 4/15!

TOmorrow morning at 6 a.m., I fly to Denver CO to have my surgery! Well, my pre op appointment is tomorrow afternoon, and my surgery is on Wednesday....I can't wait! I'm so ready for this.

I'll check in tomorrow from the hotel!

PS:

Bea - I'm thinking of you girl! GOOD LUCK!

I pray that all goes well! Keep us updated! I have three more days!

Hey Nurse! Same to ya sister! Good luck!

See ya in Bandster Land!! :thumbup:

I have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. in the morning. I can't believe it's finally here!!! I'll check in again as soon as I can.

Hey guys! Here I am in Denver, eating a snack and waiting for my boyfriend to land at the airport. I met with Dr. Kirshenbaum today and was impressed with how kind his staff was. I feel very good, although I told him I lost 2 lbs preop (the nutritionist said that's what I should lose) and he said, "That's it? Really?" ANd I felt like this biggest FAILURE ever. I followed that diet to a T. Well, we'll see tomorrow! I picked up some broth and Protein Water and my prescriptions (Lortab, Zofran, Keflex) and am going out to eat tonight for dinner.

Here we go...!

I hope everything is going well with you. I leave for Colorado to have surgery with Dr Kirshenbaum on next week. I will fly out on Monday. What did he put you on for a pre op diet? Just curious if he puts everyone on the same diet. Well, Please let me know how it goes, Maybe you can ease my nerves a little!!:confused:

Good afternoon all from Band-Land! I was banded this morning by Dr. Kirshenbaum. I feel okay, just sore and I've got a very sore throat. I'm sitting here drinking broth and watching television. I was very impressed with the entire hospital staff except the PACU nurse. I asked her to get my glasses from my boyfriend (I was nauseaous and having them on makes it better!) and she said, "Well, I'm not going out to get them" And then when I asked to use the restroom, she said, "Well, you can't get up yet and I don't have time to put you on the bedpan, so you'll just have to hold it. You can get up in 35 minutes." :rolleyes2: So, needless to say that I'll be filling out my survey and letting her know EXACTLY what I think of her. I'm a nurse, and as a nurse I would NEVER treat anyone like that. GRRRR. When it was time to go, she basically pulled the curtain and said, "Your company can help you get dressed." Which to me wasn't a big deal, but I certainly am not happy with someone assuming that my boyfriend has seen me without a stitch of clothes on. GRRRRR. Every time I think of that woman it makes me angry.

Anyhow.

The pain isn't much worse than when I had my appendectomy, so it's okay. I just took my second round of pain meds (Lortab elixer), and I would recommend (as a nurse and a patient!) to take pain meds pretty regularly for the first 24 hours. Yes, it makes you groggy, but its easier to take it when you're only hurting a little bit than trying to get it back under control when it's bad. That is what the pain meds are there for! :biggrin: And for anyone who gets Lortab .... it has a Tylenol component in it, so please don't take extra Tylenol! It'll be too much for your kidneys. Both my MD and my pharmacist neglected to tell me that, but I know from being a nurse.

I'll update more as I progress!

BEA: I hope you did well today! Let me know how you're doing!

NEXT: I was on a low carb (no potatoes, bread, corn or pasta!) high Protein and simple sugars diet. It was hard but I did it and he said my liver looked fantastic! (Which is the goal of the pre op diet!)

Glad your surgery went well, I too am an RN - what a crock about the PACU nurse you had. I'd be mad too. By the way, tylenol(anything more than 4g/4000mg a day) hurts your liver, not the kidneys.