Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Never loose 2lbs a week!!

Thanks for the support.... Its not that am impatient, its just that I am wondering what people with 2LB weight lost a week do! I have seen those TV shows and people loose 10LBS a week! how does one do that!!!!

I am just taken aback that all the work that I am doing - it yields me 1LB a week which is alot considering where I am coming from.. but for those that loose 2LBS what do they do?

I have a high BMI of 42 and over a 100 pounds to loose so I guess i can go faster. But dont know how.

My starting bmi was 42 - I have lost 2 lbs in a week but not often - usually .5 - 1 - 1.5 - 2. - 2.5 - 3. - no rythme or reason - I don't work out as much as you - I would walk on treadmil 4-5 times a week

Are you weighing and measuring your food??? Do you keep a food diary and you sure you aren't having a bite here or there - any liquid calories

As I said you may need to eat more & or vary your calories or maybe cut a little exercise- I was gun-ho on exercise in the beginning - but was afarid of burning myself out (5 to 6 days a week)- so slowed down a bit. I still exercise 4 times a week and am still losing - but I quit making it so hard that I hated doing it.

As to why some lose faster than others - is just like we weigh the same amount - but can wear diff sizes and look completely diff in our respective weights - Who knows.... you can't worry why I can do it and you can't you just gotta work on what you can control and that's you...

Keep up the good work - It will come

Maybe your working out too much. What I would do. . .is weight watchers online. This helped me alot. I was able to get the appropriate calories in with all the exercise that I do. I'm not losing 2 lbs a week, but I am loosing. This did not start happening until I was eating the right amount of food with all the exercise I was doing.....try it and let me know how you do....It works!!

I'm new to this page, and I hear you. I was banded (it sounds like a catch and release program!) in February, but I've only lost about 27 pounds, although I have gone down several dress sizes. My dr. says it's a distance run, not a sprint, but I would sure like to lose a little faster like some of you guys.

Maybe your working out too much. What I would do. . .is weight watchers online. This helped me alot. I was able to get the appropriate calories in with all the exercise that I do. I'm not losing 2 lbs a week, but I am loosing. This did not start happening until I was eating the right amount of food with all the exercise I was doing.....try it and let me know how you do....It works!!

I am a ww girl - I agree with you 100%

I'm new to this page, and I hear you. I was banded (it sounds like a catch and release program!) in February, but I've only lost about 27 pounds, although I have gone down several dress sizes. My dr. says it's a distance run, not a sprint, but I would sure like to lose a little faster like some of you guys.

You doc is right - and I have lost it pretty fast but I am very ridge about what I eat - I keep a food diary and I usually don't go over 1000 - 1100 calories a day and I exercise now 4 days a week - It use to be 5 in the beginning..

It's also about your motabolizm too - I guess mine isnt that screwed up so I am lucky

Just keep plugging away and it will come off..

I dont understand how this thing work. I am sure my band is tight now!! I can bearly eat anything but yogurt in the morning. For the past month here is what I have been doing,

Breakfast - Light and Fit Yogurt - 60 calories, a string of cheese -- and I am full, too full!

lunch - a Kashi meal - 300 cals - bearly finishing it

dinner - broiled Protein - fish/chicken -

Fluids - 60 oz of Water or crystal lite

Average total cal intake a day 1100 cals.

Exercise - I walk 4 miles one day, Curves, four times a week, a bootcamp class three times a week ---- which I think is far much more that most folks are doing!!!

Results of all this --- in the month of May I lost a total of FOUR pounds.... and three inches.. Thats it!! All that WORK yielded me that!! I am like WOW! so what do the people that loose 2 pounds a week do--- let alone those that loose 3 pounds a week!

I really want to see what they do!!! Because I am puzzled! I am enjoying the workouts though!

greetings my name is alberta from california..banded on 05-05-08 by Dr. Karen Mackenzie of visaila calif (awsome doctor ) as far as i can tell 1. cheese is very high in fat so becarefull of what kind of cheese your eating, the band is made to hold solids foods, yogurts will just slip through .you want to enjoy your foods dont get me wrong nothing wrong with getting full fast but you need your nutrientions, and vita, your doing great with the exersice and your looseing dont forget muscle weights more than fat. trust me i wish i was able to walk more but working 12 hours shifts at a hospital and off 3 days it gets kida hard to put in the work but i walk a mile on my off days anddo other types of exersice and i felt it wasnt enough till i start seen my body shaping & molding so hang in there my sista!

I didnot get a lapband to do a weight watchers!! I didnt get cut up in surgery so I could do Weight Watchers. Then whats the use?

I didnot get a lapband to do a weight watchers!! I didnt get cut up in surgery so I could do Weight Watchers. Then whats the use?

IMHO WW is a great way to eat healthy as you get a well balanced meals - meat veggies starches Desserts.

It's about learning to eat healthy - that's it - do what works for you.

The band gives you Portion Control - you gotta change your eatting habits and exercise mindset for the surgery to give you the maximum results.

It would be sweet to say that all we had to do to lose weight is to get a band on. I think you need to rethink your food choices and to learn to eat in a more healthy way. If you have children, now is the time to set a great example as far as food goes.

I really hate seeing posts like this...:frown: People think they get the band, they can eat anything and everything and not do anything else...then complain when they don't lose. Oy, I'm seeing this so often nowaways.:sad:

There are ton's of pple here who say that they didn't get banded to diet,

to count calories, keep food diaries and even exercise. And yes they will lose some weight and they may be satisfied with only lose 20 - 30 - 40 lbs - but I wasn't - I have lost 99% of my excess weight.

This may be why the statistics for amount of weight loss for a bander is 40% to 50%of their excess weight.

For me having major surgery to get the tool was the "ah ha" moment

I eat healthy 98% of the time - I exercise 4 days a week now that I am at goal (use to exercise 4-5 days)

I agree with setting good examples on your eating habit to teach your children - I am drilling into my 4 yr old gd to eat healthy - no junk food..

I don't hate pple who make these kind of statement - I feel sad for them as they most likely won't be that sucessful - until they learn that they need to be eating healthy - low fat - limited carbs - limited sugar.

I think it's so important to not view the progress of others as a negative comparison to your own. We are all different and the way your body deals with food/exercise/weight, etc is completely different from everyone else. What might work for some people will not work for others. Focus on YOUR body and your goals and forget what other people are doing, especially if it only brings you down. It took me 27 years to put on all this weight and it's not going to come off in 3 months no matter how much I exercise or how little I eat. The band is not magic, it is a tool to help with weight loss. But everything I have learned about the band is points to the fact that it is not the only factor in my weight loss. I've only made it halfway to my goal and I have been banded for a year. Sometimes I am discouraged, but then I remember that I have lost 50% of my excess weight and that is completely amazing to me. I have never been this "thin" in my life and I have never been so motivated to continue. Focus on the positive things and don't look around at other people on this site who are losing faster than you. This isn't about them, this is about you.

Redgirl,

By coincidence I had my surgery Sept 5th also. I am a slow loser also. Started out at about 219 and now 195. I am also looking for some extra help with the weight loss. I have only had two fills first one Doc said probably had no restriction at all, but second one gave some restriction. I felt really restricted at first, I was miserable after a few bites and usually got sick. Then as soon as that passed I was always hungry. I have hypothyroidism which I really thought was the culprit in my slow weight loss, but reading the forums I see that other people are just like me with no medical conditions. Could anyone out there tell me do you take Vitamins everyday? How much additional Protein do you consume than what you get in your regular diet. I was told to drink Protein Drinks and take vitamins. Which I can tell you that I do sporadically, but has not seemed to help. I am really feeling desperate and wondering if I am going to succeed. It felt good to go under the 200 mark but for my height (5'1) I need at least another 65 pounds off. Does anyone else have hypothyroidism that has had the lapband and how has it affected you? Help!!:ohmy:

Keep in mind that on The Biggest Loser they are working out 6 hours a DAY...and they have trainers on them all of the time.

I do enjoy the show and try to pretend I am on it at the walking track--ha-- however those reality shows are NOT reality at all and I saw on Oprah the other day when they did a follow up of people that were on the show..some had a hard time when they went home and back into the "real world".

So just keep the focus on you and what you are doing and I think you will be fine.

I know it is frustrating because I just got banded on the 8th of Oct. and I feel like for all that I have changed in my life and with all of the walking I am doing I should be a stick by now.lol

But, I am 37 and I know this weight didn't happen overnight.

Good luck to everyone.

Renita