Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got an unfill today

Long and some TMI!!!

So I was contemplating to go or not to go to my fill appointment next week.. well I ended up seeing my surgeon first thing this am!!! I got car sick on Sunday going the beach with DH and kids...monday I did liquids and Tuesday felt better and had some eggs (ok I had one bite of scramled egg) and lost it.. the entire day my pouch hurt.. liquids were hurting..by 3pm I had puked twice and it went down hill from there.. I was mentally hungry but not able to eat anyhting.. so i made some tea thinking it would help..nope..that all came up.. so now I had to take my dd to gymnastics..got sick twice there..took her to dinner while we waited for her cousin..the Water made me puke.. so now i realize i am not feeling good..i got sick 6 more times before getting home.. at home i was gtting sick every 5-10min..(No I had not eaten or drinken anything,,,I was not able to swallow my saliiva which in return came up with a lot of force).. around 9 I get into bed and have DH get me the bucket,..I had no energy to get to the toilet.. I was not thinking straight either..after getting sick in my bucket 4more times I finally sleep propped up in sever pain with heating pad (i thouight may help).. so 1am it starts again.. now its stomach bile..I panic..I have not attempted any liquid in over 7hours and I feel as though my stomach has come up through the port opening..I call my local ER and they have no clue what to do with the band..I cried.. I was scared and 2hrs from my surgeon..so I call the on call..he says come down first thing in am and that I need a complete unfill.. I manage to go to sleep in pain and no puking..at 530 when DH is in shower I inform him that he needs to drive me to surgeons..so we call the nanny and get on the road at 630.. I called my surgeon when we go into town and she met us at her office (she told me that she wanted a barium test done after fill to check for slippage) so she undoes the fill ..when she says Wow...thats a lot of Fluid in there..that is way to much!!!! she said that she is having issues filling this band ( holds 4ccs) and was not happy.. after teh unfill I was still in a lot of pain.. she would not let me drink in case they needed to do surgery..so off to the hospital..i do the nasty barium and all is good!!!! she says liquids for 2 weeks and see her in 4-6 to start fills again!!! I am relieved.. I was in pain and I should have gone in sooner!!! I was sooooo happpy to drink water after I got the all clear!!! My hubby said he has not seem me drink so much in a long time!!! I am very sore but feeling better!! I do not feel as though my stomach is upside and stuck in the stoma anymore!!! I am going to do SBD as soon as I can handle food!! I love the food (my entire family is SBD lifestyle and lately I could only handle a bite or 2 of food) Dr said the swelling could take a few weeks to go down...but I am hopefull it will be better sooner!!

Thanks for reading!!! This was very scary to me!!!

Lawbebe.. so glad you are feeling better!! There really is nothing worse than being too tight! How scary!! Take it easy and keep us posted on your recovery

Barb

holly crap sorry to hear thats scary and ive heard a few stories of this happening.. im suprised u lasted as long as u did id of been in my doctors arms telling him im dying the 1st hour of throwing up..lol chin up hun

lawbebe, OMG.... what a horrible nite you had. so sorry for you. ive been there and done that. yuck. hope you heal up ok.

Ok, that's is just scarry! I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully you at least lost some weight through all that! :thumbup:

I am doing better!! Still sore.but able to drink ok and have more energy now than in a long time!! It is nice to drink with no pain!!! It was very scarry..I tend to handle pain well and not think its as bad as it is..I just keep telling myself that this is not supposed to hurt me, its to help me.. so I am going to go slow.. I have an appointmnet mid may to go back..not sure if i will get a fill then or not, at least the option is there and i am in no rush..I have learned Portion Control and want to keep the weight loss going! Ill keep u updated!

DH= dear husband

DD= dear daughter

SBD= south beach diet lifestyle (its not a diet, its the way my family eats)

I had my fourth fill yesterday my doctor's pa put in 2 cc's. And I did well yesterday able to drink and swollow without any issues. However I woke up at 2:30 am with gurlging noises and it didn't really hurt but it was a weird sensation. I finally after two hours got back to sleep. I got up and went to work tried to have my first coffee of the day and it came right back out. I was in pain, vomiting, and very weak. I spoke with the office staff ( they are wonderful) (since I work in the same building) and she immediately had the nurse call me she spoke with the doctor and the doctor sent his PA over to take a look at me. He removed 1 cc of the 2 cc that he placed yesterday. The whole time I was trying not to vomit. The second he removed the 1cc I felt the fluild filter through my band. As I sat up I had dizzy spells, light headness and shaking. He had the nurse take my blood pressure and it was low but ok. After having a Protein Shake I was back to 100%. My color was back and I felt normal. I am truely glad that my doctors staff took such great care of me. I guess what I want to get through to everyone is if you have any problems and you think it might be small call and find out do not suffer.

Thanks to everyone that post about issues with fills. I have had some issues.... I am being told that I have a 10 cc band but I only NOW have .5cc in the band and at times I have the "stuck" feeling.... and I wonder all the time how that is possible with such a small amount of Fluid in my band. I now know that I can not eat bread anymore...first time since I have been banded. :confused: and I still have nausea on and off every day and the meds are not helping. So I wonder if the nausea is something I will have to "Deal" with.

Again Thank you for all the posts..... I know that I am not alone!

tigger you may be eating too big of a bite, too fast or too much if its solids.

I only have 1.2 in my 10cc band and I can get that stuck feeling or even throw up as I was doing when I was tighter during my TOM

Really??? I try to watch my bites and chewing etc.....

Not to sound silly..... but maybe I should use a baby spoon til I get the hang of it??? Thanks for the input!

I am watching eveything that I eat and drink and with a food journal per doctor's request. No pattern..... so I must be eating too fast or too much like you say........ So I am making sure that I am taking baby bites and chewing like crazy.

Thank guys!